http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 07:41:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC/PSN/XBLA]Sacred Citadel ..also Sacred 3 about to be announced?  (Read 1304 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2012, 09:02:04 AM »

Sacred Citadel is not like other Sacred games,looking like a side scroller for one....the Sacred 3 announcement is more exciting Tongue

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/25943/Sacred-Citadel-Announced-By-Deep-Silver/
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel, despite its flaws, is one of the best dungeon crawling rpg's on the Xbox 360...in my opinion. So when I heard that a new Sacred game was to be revealed tomorrow at www.sacred-world.com, man was I excited.

Well, I won't judge Sacred Citadel just yet - but it's definately not what I was expecting.

Sacred Citadel boasts an extensive customization system, tons of loot, an extensive - evolving combat system, and 3 player co-op.

For a spin-off of Sacred, I guess this could turn out okay. I don't want to judge it before I've played it...but another game of this style didn't do as good as I hoped for either. But, it's two different developers, so we'll see how it all plays out!

In the meantime, check out this announcement trailer (which is technically supposed to come out tomorrow):

Video of Sacred Citadel in the link

PSN/XBLA and PC Download coming in 2013

Also
**UPDATE** - According to the Sacred-World Facebook Page, Sacred 3 could very well be revealed tomorrow as well. So stay tuned here for more information as it is announced!

Check out the Sacredworld facebook page for yourself
https://www.facebook.com/sacredworld
Welcome everyone to the Facebook page for Sacred Citadel and Sacred 3. Stay tuned for more information!

I liked Sacred 2 but i had a lot of games to play at the time so had my interest thrust someplace else,i remember Myto did well with Sacred 2 and loved it

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 09:07:19 AM »

Aye, they've said several times that Sacred 3 will become a reality eventually which will be great news if true. Sacred 2 was a great game, with some awesome ideas...Such a shame the company went bust. Here's hoping they will continue the tradition of making Sacred a great game!

A new one
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 07:43:04 PM »

The announcement of Sacred Citadel also contains confirmation that Sacred 3 is in development.

The events in Sacred Citadel will act as a prologue to the next chapter of the Sacred story and will unveil an intriguing secret about the Seraphim that will directly relate to the action RPG Sacred 3, currently in development by keen games and to be released in 2013.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 12:03:36 AM »

'Bitchin' Battles'?  'Ridonkulous Rides'?

that's almost enough to make me want to pass.  I fear for Sacred 3 now.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 12:59:07 PM »

Here's a preview for Sacred 3.  It looks like the big change will be the use of a party (either 4 humans or AI) instead of a single character.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 02:11:24 AM »

PSN version of Sacred Citadel hits the 16th. 

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 06:43:06 AM »

The Steam and XBLA versions come out on April 17.  The Steam version is available for preorder for $13.49.

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 10:52:39 AM »

The release date for Sacred 3 has been announced - August 26 in North America and August 22 in Europe.  There's also a new gameplay trailer at the link.

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2014, 08:17:42 PM »

They bumped the release date to August 5th.  Most likely in response to Diablo 3's release date.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/27/5754372/sacred-3-release-date-new-pre-order-bonus

There's also a pre-order bonus character

Malakhim, a new playable character who battles enemies with "mysterious blood magic.

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2014, 02:43:32 AM »

There's a full playthrough for Sacred 3 here.  In addition to the lack of loot and skills, the game also looks super short - about 7 hours frown

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2014, 12:38:05 PM »

So the sequel to two of the longest action RPGs is reduced to 7.5 hours of content? Even if that is the main quest only, it's way too short.

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2014, 03:04:10 PM »

Looking further into what they changed, I am disappointed that this is what they came up with.  This is not Sacred and should not have been billed as a sequel in any form. 

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2014, 05:07:20 AM »

Quote from: Caine on July 31, 2014, 03:04:10 PM

Looking further into what they changed, I am disappointed that this is what they came up with.  This is not Sacred and should not have been billed as a sequel in any form. 

The only reason it would get any sales (because I expect this to get trashed in reviews) was because of the name, if I had to make a guess.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2014, 09:07:56 AM »

RPS hated it. Too bad, Sacred 2 had it's flaws but was a fun game.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2014, 12:38:43 PM »

Here's a video review that goes over the basics of the game.

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2014, 08:34:37 PM »

Well, that didn't take long - Sacred 3 is $19.99 used at Gamefly.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2014, 05:28:19 PM »

If you're going to play a co-op dungeon brawler with no loot and limited skills/powers, I recommend Gauntlet for $19.99. I'm still bleary from stayin up til 2 a.m. playing with folks last night.  icon_smile

For the record I did buy Sacred 1 and 2. Had some fun, but I never quite felt the combat "feel" was quite on par with Diablo (I, II or III), Titan Quest, Torchlight 2, Grim Dawn et al. But I very much liked the more open world feel. The former Ascaron devs are working on some other game that's supposed to be truer to Sacred's heritage, fwiw.

Sacred 3 may have some merits but it had no business being called a Sacred game imho (and according to many others') or being priced so expensively.  icon_razz

I guess probably others already made all these points. I've been away.  icon_smile
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 05:32:13 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: