http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 01:35:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC/Mac/iOS] Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father - 2014  (Read 427 times)
Soulchilde
Gaming Trend Senior Member

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2013, 05:15:48 PM »

Jane Jensen is getting a  license to remake Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father  due in 2014.  Loved the original game and looking forward to this remake
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 05:46:47 PM by Soulchilde » Logged

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 05:24:01 PM »

thumbsup

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 05:58:30 PM »

So, I'll be the one this time.

Why on earth do we need remake of this game? Its still there, its pretty good - I don't think newer gamers would be interested in the genre anymore, and old-timers would most probably not purchase it, having played it before.

A new one
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 05:59:27 PM »

Nice! I never got to play the original (but played and finished the second one), so this will be a good chance to catch up. Sort of a shame about the missing voice files though, but maybe it's for the better? I know Tim Curry is great, but this game was made in a different time with different expectations of voice actors. Would most of them even hold up to today's standards?
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 06:57:34 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on October 08, 2013, 05:58:30 PM

Why on earth do we need remake of this game? Its still there, its pretty good - I don't think newer gamers would be interested in the genre anymore, and old-timers would most probably not purchase it, having played it before.

I actually started a second play through just recently.  I will probably wait to see how this update turns out.  I would totally play through it again with a fresh coat of paint.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 07:29:14 PM »

Quote from: farley2k on October 08, 2013, 05:24:01 PM

thumbsup

this.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 12:42:51 AM »

Quote from: TiLT on October 08, 2013, 05:59:27 PM

Nice! I never got to play the original (but played and finished the second one), so this will be a good chance to catch up. Sort of a shame about the missing voice files though, but maybe it's for the better? I know Tim Curry is great, but this game was made in a different time with different expectations of voice actors. Would most of them even hold up to today's standards?

Probably not, but that opening scene in the bookstore is burned into my memory.  Watching that with different voices will be a (minor) disappointment.  Otherwise I'm looking forward to it.

I hope it's a success and they remake the second one (my favorite of the three).
sgoldj
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 02:59:01 AM »

I love this whole series. Not sure if I'll replay them, but I hope they can get us to a fourth entry.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 05:00:02 AM »

I'm in!

I never got to play these games so it'll be nice to experience it in new form. The interview says it's going to be a pretty straightforward remake, but I sure hope they decide to make items you can interact with eminent. Getting stuck because I didn't click on every pixel on the screen is what kills adventure games for me.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 05:02:14 AM by Ridah » Logged

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
The Rocketman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 09:12:42 AM »

Ditto. I played through it again about 2 years ago, and it was still an amazing game, not dated at all! Also the visual style is really a big part of the appeal for me, so I'd urge anyone not to wait but try out this classic now.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 11:30:52 AM by The Rocketman » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 11:25:17 AM »

been thinking about it, and I don't think I finished the first Gabriel Knight.  I know I finished 2, and I heard 3 was so buggy I never grabbed it until it hit GOG.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2013, 12:44:25 PM »

Quote from: The Rocketman on October 09, 2013, 09:12:42 AM

Ditto. I played through it again about 2 years ago, and it was still an amazing game, not dated at all! Also the visual style is really a big part of the appeal for me, so I'd urge anyone not to wait but try out this classic now.

In response, I'll say this:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Of course, the characters will make a difference, but that image got me excited of the possibilities.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2013, 01:16:47 PM »

I'd play an HD remake again... something I'd tried to do with the original a couple of years ago and I just couldn't handle the old, extremely pixelated graphics.  icon_frown

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
The Rocketman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2013, 01:42:44 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on October 09, 2013, 12:44:25 PM

Quote from: The Rocketman on October 09, 2013, 09:12:42 AM

In response, I'll say this:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Of course, the characters will make a difference, but that image got me excited of the possibilities.

Yeah, it does look nice, I won't deny it. But, it's supposedly in 3D (same for character models), and I've always enjoyed handpainted graphics more. But if it'll give more people the chance to play this beautiful and adult adventure game, I'm all for it. I'm just of the opinion that the old game holds up magnificently.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2013, 02:11:13 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 09, 2013, 11:25:17 AM

been thinking about it, and I don't think I finished the first Gabriel Knight.

I'm pretty sure I got stuck at "What can you tell me about... cabrit sans cor?"  I hit a dead end, didn't know what to do, and that dialogue option was pretty much the only thing left I could think to try.  Walked around to pretty much every NPC asking "What can you tell me about... cabrit sans cor?"  "What can you tell me about... cabrit sans cor?" until the sound bite got burned into my skull enough that I can still hear it clearly 20 years later and think to type a forum post about it.
The Rocketman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2013, 02:30:26 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on October 09, 2013, 02:11:13 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on October 09, 2013, 11:25:17 AM

been thinking about it, and I don't think I finished the first Gabriel Knight.

I'm pretty sure I got stuck at "What can you tell me about... cabrit sans cor?"  I hit a dead end, didn't know what to do, and that dialogue option was pretty much the only thing left I could think to try.  Walked around to pretty much every NPC asking "What can you tell me about... cabrit sans cor?"  "What can you tell me about... cabrit sans cor?" until the sound bite got burned into my skull enough that I can still hear it clearly 20 years later and think to type a forum post about it.

Yeah, I still remember that line too smile I think the trick here was that you were actually able to solve a certain puzzle from the start of the game up to day 3, and if you hadn't finished it yet at day 3 you were stuck with that line of dialogue. Which had nothing to do with the puzzle.

Spoiler for Hiden:
The puzzle I'm thinking about was the locked box in the grandmothers' attic.

It's not an easy game at all, but usually it has a logic answer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: