http://gamingtrend.com
December 18, 2014, 11:09:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [LTTP] Infamous 2  (Read 239 times)
Teggy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2013, 07:18:18 PM »

Hm...I couldn't find any threads for Infamous 2. Anyway, I finally got around to playing this through PS+. I enjoyed playing it, but I couldn't help feeling it was kind of a half-assed sequel. I mean, Sucker Punch did a nice job designing the city, but there was hardly any level or mission design in the game at all. Compare to Infamous 1 where you would have to go in underground tunnels and do a bunch of platforming, or climb up to get to the top of the trash tower, or figure out how to get into the prison, etc. What they seemed to do here was basically put the city down and then add missions were basically you go to one area and kill the bad guys. The powers are fun, and flying/climbing around is fun and I guess that's what made it fun to play, but there was little variety or challenge. Even the blast shards were all very easy to grab. I only had 7 left by the time I got the blast shard radar power.

I'm moving on to Festival of Blood now as I try to clear off all my PS3 backlog by the time PS4 releases.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 07:46:50 PM »

agreed on the mission design.  it's like the wanted to rely on the community missions to flesh out the game.  I've only played up past the first island and haven't felt the pull to go back. 

makes me wonder how deep Second Son will be. 

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 07:54:00 PM »

yeah, I got bored with having to deal with the mutants, which made the game feel like Prototype.  the ice men were interesting, but after a while they got old as well.  Guy builds a tower of ice, you knock it down, he rebuilds it, rinse, repeat.

still, Second Son is the only PS4 title I'm really looking forward to right now, hoping they freshen things up.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: