http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2015, 06:35:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PS4 - Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection  (Read 311 times)
leo8877
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2015, 02:14:23 PM »

Remastered Uncharted games coming in a single collection to PS4 on Oct 9.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/06/04/uncharted-the-nathan-drake-collection-out-october-9th-on-ps4/
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 02:27:31 PM by leo8877 » Logged
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 02:35:57 PM »

Curious how much they'll be releasing at. 

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 04:11:55 PM »

I'd be all over this if I hadn't already played the games half a dozen times each.

I may still be all over it. Tongue

I hope they've been bold enough to make a few changes, at the very least to the first game. Its gameplay mechanics have aged poorly compared to the sequels. I'd also like to see combat in the third game tweaked slightly, because they made some changes to the encounter design that made combat less fun than the second game. For me, much of the problem came from them sending enemies at you from every direction, often before you could react to their presence, making cover a liability, not an advantage.
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 06:20:02 PM »

IN!!

pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 04:23:57 PM »

Quote from: farley2k on June 04, 2015, 06:20:02 PM

IN!!

+1

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 05:19:45 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on June 04, 2015, 04:11:55 PM

I'd be all over this if I hadn't already played the games half a dozen times each.

I may still be all over it. Tongue

I hope they've been bold enough to make a few changes, at the very least to the first game. Its gameplay mechanics have aged poorly compared to the sequels. I'd also like to see combat in the third game tweaked slightly, because they made some changes to the encounter design that made combat less fun than the second game. For me, much of the problem came from them sending enemies at you from every direction, often before you could react to their presence, making cover a liability, not an advantage.

Yep, poor encounter design in U3, I'm not sure who did that and why. The best example was an encounter set piece they showed in various stage demos clearly allowed Drake to stealth through most of it. But, in the full game on release, there's a magic trigger that prevents you from stealthing that segment at all, and as soon as you cross that invisible threshold it devolves into one of the most annoying firefights in the series.

For Uncharted 1, I think they should add a Very Easy mode that was in U2 and U3. I'm not sure they have the resources to make significant changes, but a Very Easy difficulty setting would only require blanket tweaks to health and damage. This allows people to play through it for the full story effect. Also, having solid 30/60 FPS will be a huge help to the game, as it was one of the reasons many found it hard to play.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2015, 06:58:21 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on June 08, 2015, 05:19:45 PM

For Uncharted 1, I think they should add a Very Easy mode that was in U2 and U3. I'm not sure they have the resources to make significant changes, but a Very Easy difficulty setting would only require blanket tweaks to health and damage. This allows people to play through it for the full story effect.

If they did this, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.  I tried a couple of the Uncharted games and while I loved the setting and characters, I absolutely sucked at the combat. I ultimately gave up on them because the combat was so frustrating for me.   Would love to re-try them with a "combat for dummies" setting that would allow me to enjoy the world and story without getting bogged down.

Witcher 3 nailed this perfectly.  It's tough enough on the higher settings to provide a significant challenge for those who want it, and is easy enough on the lower settings for those of us who suck at combat to still enjoy it.

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2015, 07:24:21 PM »

Yeah, I'm a big supporter of super easy modes for games that are heavy on the narrative or cinematic experiences, and making sure not to belittle players that choose it. Since it's a mode, those who want a challenge can choose higher difficulties if they want. And there's still a lot to experience in a modern game if the combat is easy, the exploration and experience of an Uncharted game is wonderful.

Another plus is that the easier you set the game, the more you can fool around having run doing stunts and acrobatics. I did a run through of U3 on Easy with as little aiming down sights as possible, trying to jump and move around as much as I could.
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2015, 11:49:01 PM »

The games already looked damned good as they were. I`m curious to see how they can improve on that for the PS4. Naughty Dog are really good at creating beautiful atmospheric environments and setpieces.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: