http://gamingtrend.com
July 26, 2014, 07:12:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC/360] Tropico 5  (Read 265 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: August 15, 2013, 05:14:12 PM »

return to the tropics!

Features of Tropico 5

The Eras - From the 19th century to the 21st, each era carries its own challenges and opportunities. Begin your reign during colonial times and advance your nation through the modern era and into the future!

The Dynasty Ė Each member of El Presidenteís extended family is present on the island and may be appointed to key leadership positions, earning skills and experience in their assigned roles.

Research and Renovate - Advance your nation by discovering new buildings, technologies and resources. Transform your old buildings into modernized, hyper-efficient designs worthy of an economic superpower!

Advanced trade system and trade fleet - Amass a global trade fleet and use your ships to secure import/export trade routes to neighbouring islands and key nations.

Explore your island - Discover what lies beyond the fog of war. Send prospectors to look for new mineral and ore deposits, but be wary of hostile animals and native tribes.

All new art - All artwork is reworked to provide Tropico 5 with a distinct historic visual identity. Choose from over 100 unique buildings from each of the individual eras.

Cooperative and competitive multiplayer Ė Up to four players can build up their own cities and economies on any given island map. Players can share resources and citizens, or declare war on each other.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 09:15:59 PM »

In! nod Love the homage to "The Great Dictator" in the trailer  thumbsup.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 09:27:58 PM »

You know, I keep buying these games when they are on sale but I donít think Iíve played more than 10 minutes of any of themÖ
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 11:19:13 PM »

Quote from: Lordnine on August 15, 2013, 09:27:58 PM

You know, I keep buying these games when they are on sale but I donít think Iíve played more than 10 minutes of any of themÖ

Yeah, I know the feeling.  I played the original Tropico game a ton (and to a lesser extent Tropico 2: Pirate Cove) but for some reason I can't really get into these ones. 

Part of it I think is that they lost the humor in the citizens.  There was a lot of charm in the little dudes from the original games that just felt sterile in these ones from Haemimont.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 11:31:16 PM »

Quote from: Lordnine on August 15, 2013, 09:27:58 PM

I have 1 through 3 on Steam, but never touched them because 4 was announced shortly after I bought them for dirt cheap in a bundle.  I thought I had bought Tropico 4 on Steam at a later point, and even remember playing it until I got annoyed with people complaining about lack of work even with plenty of jobs to fill, but it is not in my Steam library nor does Steam say I own it.  I don't see it listed in any of my other libraries from GMG, Gamersgate or elsewhere either.  how odd.

Because I can,
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 12:09:02 AM »

I played 1 a lot, never got 2, played 3 only a little bit, but I'm really happy with 4. I just hope they don't jack up the computer requirements for 5.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 05:45:18 AM »

pre-alpha screenshots.  yep, it's Tropico.

Because I can,
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2013, 02:00:17 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 01, 2013, 05:45:18 AM

pre-alpha screenshots.  yep, it's Tropico.

At least they aren't re-using the textures like they did from 3 to 4....

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2013, 11:28:33 PM »

looks like they finally upgraded the engine.  looks good.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: