http://gamingtrend.com
August 29, 2014, 10:46:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Weekend Playlist -- 8/1/14  (Read 441 times)
PR_GMR
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 01, 2014, 02:48:03 PM »

It's!!!!.... The Weekend Playlist! What shall you be playing this weekend? On my list: Wildstar and League Of Legends. How about you?
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 03:11:46 PM »

I just finished up Shadowrun Returns, so I'll be diving into The Last of Us: Remastered. Maybe nibble on The Wolf Among Us for my PC fix.
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 03:23:45 PM »

Last of Us......LAAAAST OF USSSSS.....
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 03:54:01 PM »

Been playing Rainbow Moon on the Vita.  For some reason, I'm playing games on it that I always fade out with on the consoles. 

I do want to restart up Space Engineers to see the new changes they've added.  I also have a few lingering game sessions with some PS4 games before I get too far away from them. 

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 04:01:07 PM »

Evolve, and Firefall
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 04:02:28 PM »

Robocraft.  I spent way more time with it last weekend than I intended, and they've put out an update.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 05:17:54 PM »

Guardians of the Galaxy and see if I can get motivated to play something else while I wait for Destiny

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 05:32:15 PM »

fwiw, Firefall has been scratching my Destiny itch.  Gameplay is similar enough to keep me happy while I wait.
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 05:38:42 PM »

Got Trine Complete (Trine 1 + 2) for two people last week since it was on sale for like $5. Unexpectantly played like 8hrs of it last Sunday. Was so much fun - particularly since neither of the two people I was playing with had played a game like this before. Will finish up the last level of T1 then move on to T2, which I never finished myself.

Also been playing an unhealthy amount of Kingdom Rush, which I'm revisiting from a long ago purchase. It's a fantasy tower defense game that is so addicting but brutally difficult. When I initially tried it I don't think I could get past the six or seventh mission. After replaying I finally cracked the code and have worked my way through almost all the levels, even on the Heroic/Iron man versions (93 out of 130 stars so far). The game is still pretty nasty even though I have all the upgrades. You'll be doing fine for awhile then you'll get a wave of monsters that just tears your defenses to shreds. But it feels like such an accomplishment once you figure out a particularly difficult level and complete it.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 06:20:37 PM »

I played through TLOU introduction today at lunch, and firmly feel all developers should now down to Naughty Dog.  I'll be playing that, with a hearthstone on the side.

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 09:21:24 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on August 01, 2014, 05:32:15 PM

fwiw, Firefall has been scratching my Destiny itch.  Gameplay is similar enough to keep me happy while I wait.

I can vouch for Hark that this is true. Very surprised how much this game has improved since closes beta.

But for me this weekend a combination of
BF4, Star Trek Online, and Firefall

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2014, 09:45:51 PM »

TLOU on PS4 never played it on the PS3 so should be a treat.

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2014, 05:47:51 AM »

Got a new mount (bomb chair), a set of weathered gear to hit ilvl 96, tanked my first dungeon in a year, and finished my 4th Animus weapon book in FF XIV.  That's a full weekend right there...and I got it all done tonight.  Lots more Saturday and Sunday.  smile

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2014, 06:45:16 AM »

Civ V and Hearthstone. Very addicted to Civ at this point.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2014, 05:20:25 PM »

Star Trek Online and BF4

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2014, 09:13:40 PM »

I'm approaching the 40-hour mark in Zelda: Skyward Sword on the Wii.  I just unlocked a new region to explore, and since the game thankfully doesn't have any spoken dialogue, I'll be able to keep the Gratchcast on and streaming his Final Fantasy XIV adventures while I play.

-Autistic Angel

EDIT: Wait, I just remembered Gratch isn't streaming his games yet.  Apparently he still values flexible time with his family over meeting the capricious demands of random strangers on the internet.  Oh well: I guess I'll just go squat on an overturned bucket in the basement and eat these tubs of Rocky Road ice cream all weekend instead. tear
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 09:23:13 PM by Autistic Angel » Logged
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2014, 01:03:00 AM »

So far, it's been NHL 14 and Pool Nation.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2014, 04:36:59 AM »

Having picked up the Assassin's Creed franchise during the Summer Sale, I'm playing AC Brotherhood, which I never got around to getting when I had an Xbox 360.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2014, 03:19:05 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on August 02, 2014, 09:13:40 PM

I'm approaching the 40-hour mark in Zelda: Skyward Sword on the Wii.  I just unlocked a new region to explore, and since the game thankfully doesn't have any spoken dialogue, I'll be able to keep the Gratchcast on and streaming his Final Fantasy XIV adventures while I play.

-Autistic Angel

EDIT: Wait, I just remembered Gratch isn't streaming his games yet.  Apparently he still values flexible time with his family over meeting the capricious demands of random strangers on the internet.  Oh well: I guess I'll just go squat on an overturned bucket in the basement and eat these tubs of Rocky Road ice cream all weekend instead. tear

Funny you should mention that.  I found out this morning that our Labyrinth of the Ancients and Syrcus Tower runs were being streamed last night by one of our FC members.  It's here, our run starts about the 2 hour mark.  I'm Bayard Elderwood...you'll see me running around not knowing what the hell I'm doing.  smile

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2014, 03:19:54 PM »

Added in some Trackmania2 Stadium last night, and now I'm fiddling with Vassal.

Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2014, 08:27:51 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on August 03, 2014, 03:19:05 PM

-Autistic Angel

Funny you should mention that.  I found out this morning that our Labyrinth of the Ancients and Syrcus Tower runs were being streamed last night by one of our FC members.  It's here, our run starts about the 2 hour mark.  I'm Bayard Elderwood...you'll see me running around not knowing what the hell I'm doing.  smile

Yeah, 02:07:30 if anyone else wants to see it too.

This is my first exposure to Final Fantasy XIV, but the fact that one of the streamer's quest objectives reads "Reattune to the aetheryte at Natalan" tells me it's very faithful to its source material.

Does that harp icon next to your name indicate that Bayard is your bard?

-Autistic Angel
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2014, 08:46:59 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on August 03, 2014, 08:27:51 PM

Quote from: Gratch on August 03, 2014, 03:19:05 PM

-Autistic Angel

EDIT: Wait, I just remembered Gratch isn't streaming his games yet.  Apparently he still values flexible time with his family over meeting the capricious demands of random strangers on the internet.  Oh well: I guess I'll just go squat on an overturned bucket in the basement and eat these tubs of Rocky Road ice cream all weekend instead. tear

Funny you should mention that.  I found out this morning that our Labyrinth of the Ancients and Syrcus Tower runs were being streamed last night by one of our FC members.  It's here, our run starts about the 2 hour mark.  I'm Bayard Elderwood...you'll see me running around not knowing what the hell I'm doing.  smile

Yeah, 02:07:30 if anyone else wants to see it too.

This is my first exposure to Final Fantasy XIV, but the fact that one of the streamer's quest objectives reads "Reattune to the aetheryte at Natalan" tells me it's very faithful to its source material.

Does that harp icon next to your name indicate that Bayard is your bard?

-Autistic Angel

Yep, icon indicates class/job.  Those two raids were fairly high-level content, so I was running them with my max-level+ Bard.  I've also got a Dragoon that's almost max level (44 of 50), and am working up a Gladiator (tank) as well.

There's a 14-day free trial now, you should give it a look.  The game has completely changed my perspective on MMO's.  It's an absolute blast and has (obviously) consumed my entire gaming world.

If you do decide to jump on, just wait until I get back in town on Friday so I can show you the ropes.  smile

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2014, 02:23:13 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on August 01, 2014, 04:02:28 PM

Robocraft.  I spent way more time with it last weekend than I intended, and they've put out an update.

Yup, played plenty of Robocraft.  Some of the shine is starting to wear off as progress slows and the grind sets in, but it's still fun.

Tried the Evolve alpha, but not for long.

And I reinstalled the original Dirt on my PC as well.  Still a great game.

Lee

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2014, 04:03:31 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on August 04, 2014, 02:23:13 AM

Yup, played plenty of Robocraft.  Some of the shine is starting to wear off as progress slows and the grind sets in, but it's still fun.

They said robot and I was hoping for an Omega type game, build a robot, program it and set it loose. There was another game just like Omega but much more graphic oriented about 10 years ago which was also good. In Robocraft it looks like you are building a vehicle to drive, not a robot, correct? (Their website is horrible).
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2014, 04:23:51 AM »

I still want another Carnage Heart, but the fact is that even if we got it the internet would mean everyone would have really good AI even if they had no clue.  Copy paste for the lose. frown

I prefer Gear Up over Robocraft for now except for the crashes.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2014, 05:22:22 AM »

Quote from: Lee on August 04, 2014, 04:03:31 AM

Quote from: EngineNo9 on August 04, 2014, 02:23:13 AM

They said robot and I was hoping for an Omega type game, build a robot, program it and set it loose. There was another game just like Omega but much more graphic oriented about 10 years ago which was also good. In Robocraft it looks like you are building a vehicle to drive, not a robot, correct? (Their website is horrible).

Yeah, Robocraft is all piloted vehicles, not AI controlled. It all leads to some great wackiness as the vehicle parts get destroyed and people go spiraling away, a bit like World of Tanks goes to the circus. 

But yes, I did play Omega back on the ol' Apple IIGS, and loved it to death.   icon_biggrin

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2014, 03:09:18 PM »

I need to do some more research with Vassal.  I pulled up one module and got the map and units, but there was nothing in place to bulk load the units.  Of course, I was doing a modular-type wargame that has more than one scenario with different units, placement, etc.  I may need to scale back the features to something a bit lighter to get my feet wet.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: