http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 11:18:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC, PS4, 360,PS3] Bound by Flame  (Read 801 times)
forgeforsaken
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 12, 2013, 08:26:42 PM »

This looks to have some potential.  I heard ok things about their previous games.
Seems like an action/RPG.  I like some of the monster design in the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abI0TKh9l6Y
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 08:28:14 PM by forgeforsaken » Logged
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 01:40:24 PM »

I'll give it a shot if reviews are decent, it looks like it's in the same situation as Amalur, decent production values, action RPG mechanics.

If it sells like Amalur it could do well provided the development wasn't too expensive.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 06:22:01 PM »

Couldn't get the Youtube video to play past 5 seconds without "An error has occurred" so I hit up the developer and got my own copy.  Voila!

http://gamingtrend.com/video-post/bound-by-flame-epic-story-trailer-is-actually-epic/

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 06:24:33 PM »

Why do i get feeling of Dragon Age when I watch this trailer?

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 06:29:07 PM »

dunno, but I get that too.  looks and sounds good.  great quality on the video too

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 06:29:36 PM »

hmmm.. made by Spiders, they also did Of Orcs and Men, which had OK to middling reviews IIRC.  I'll hold off on getting excited, but it has my interest.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 06:50:40 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 13, 2013, 06:29:36 PM

hmmm.. made by Spiders, they also did Of Orcs and Men, which had OK to middling reviews IIRC.  I'll hold off on getting excited, but it has my interest.
They seem like a studio on the cusp of making something good.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2014, 10:24:59 AM »

Here's an off-screen video of the game in action.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2014, 11:41:54 AM »

Strange that this is due for PS3 and PS4 on SONY's side but only 360 on Microsoft's side

well,i was going to get a PS4 anyway  icon_wink

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2014, 04:40:34 PM »

Bound by Flame is a action/role-playing game for PC, PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360®, that lets you play a mercenary possessed by a flame demon in an ambitious Dark Fantasy universe.

As a victim of this demonic influence, players will have to choose between the powers offered by this evil or to reject the demonic influence, developing heroic talents instead. Dangers, and enemies becoming more terrifying and fearsome in battle, will be temptations to acquire more power by giving up part of the hero’s soul to the demon. Progression of the demonic influence will be reflected by the transformation of the hero’s body.

Through its different chapters, Bound by Flame will offer many quests around a primary, epic adventure. Depending on the choices made by the player and the influence of the demon, some chapters will offer different scenarios and a different experience, adding important replayability to the game. Real-time battles are impressive and dynamic. If the player begins the game knowing only the basics of combat, fire magic, and assassination, he will be able to specialize by unlocking and improving many skills and powers, through 3 different skill trees.

Bound by Flame lets the players customize their character. During the creation of their hero, players will be able choose their gender and freely alter their facial characteristics. This will of course have an influence on the demon’s appearance. Bound by Flame also includes a crafting system, allowing them to create and improve equipment, including their armor and weapons. Several companions will join the player during his quest, and will, depending on the player’s actions, develop friendship, romance or rivalry.

Finally, the bestiary of Bound by Flame is rich and spectacular.

You will get to fight many other impressive creatures: shadow dragons, liches, undead, ice creatures… epic confrontations abound. Which path will the players take? Will they lust after the demon’s power and magic to annihilate their foes, or will they favor their combat skills and their bravery?

Bound by is targeted for release on PC, PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360® at the end of 2013.

PS4 was recently added. At this point I wouldn't count on this to be final. We're likely to see this on XB1, if for nothing but the fact that they're willing to put it on the 360.

Watching the trailer I got the "Phantagram" vibe. You know, cool game, but somehow awkward and clunky.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2014, 05:40:18 PM »

They released a new combat demo video showing some of the various weapon types you can wield. 

game releases on Friday May 9th.

This may be worth a shot if you want an action rpg now that Witcher 3 was delayed and Deep Down is not got a date yet afaik.

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2014, 10:40:14 PM »

Looks interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2014, 04:55:17 PM »

here's a better combat demo with more details about damage types and your npc ally. 

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2014, 03:57:56 AM »

sadly, reviews are not favorable, but there's a few GT'ers who've picked this up and have better impressions of it so far.

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2014, 02:49:32 PM »

Quote from: Caine on May 10, 2014, 03:57:56 AM

sadly, reviews are not favorable, but there's a few GT'ers who've picked this up and have better impressions of it so far.

I picked it up yesterday at Best Buy for the PS4. I was able to get it for 39.99 (with the 20% off gamers club discount) and they were also giving out a free $10 gift card with purchase! Not a bad deal at all. smile

It looked fun from the streams I was watching on the Live from Playstation thing. Looking forward to trying it out today,

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2014, 02:52:35 PM »

Quote from: Purge on January 05, 2014, 04:40:34 PM

Bound by Flame is a action/role-playing game for PC, PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360®, that lets you play a mercenary possessed by a flame demon in an ambitious Dark Fantasy universe.

As a victim of this demonic influence, players will have to choose between the powers offered by this evil or to reject the demonic influence, developing heroic talents instead. Dangers, and enemies becoming more terrifying and fearsome in battle, will be temptations to acquire more power by giving up part of the hero’s soul to the demon. Progression of the demonic influence will be reflected by the transformation of the hero’s body.

Through its different chapters, Bound by Flame will offer many quests around a primary, epic adventure. Depending on the choices made by the player and the influence of the demon, some chapters will offer different scenarios and a different experience, adding important replayability to the game. Real-time battles are impressive and dynamic. If the player begins the game knowing only the basics of combat, fire magic, and assassination, he will be able to specialize by unlocking and improving many skills and powers, through 3 different skill trees.

Bound by Flame lets the players customize their character. During the creation of their hero, players will be able choose their gender and freely alter their facial characteristics. This will of course have an influence on the demon’s appearance. Bound by Flame also includes a crafting system, allowing them to create and improve equipment, including their armor and weapons. Several companions will join the player during his quest, and will, depending on the player’s actions, develop friendship, romance or rivalry.

Finally, the bestiary of Bound by Flame is rich and spectacular.

You will get to fight many other impressive creatures: shadow dragons, liches, undead, ice creatures… epic confrontations abound. Which path will the players take? Will they lust after the demon’s power and magic to annihilate their foes, or will they favor their combat skills and their bravery?

Bound by is targeted for release on PC, PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360® at the end of 2013.

PS4 was recently added. At this point I wouldn't count on this to be final. We're likely to see this on XB1, if for nothing but the fact that they're willing to put it on the 360.

Watching the trailer I got the "Phantagram" vibe. You know, cool game, but somehow awkward and clunky.

Yeah, it looks like there will be no Xb1 version, unfortunately. The official reason is they got their dev kits late and didn't want to hold up development of the game to get a xb1 version out. They also have been rather disparaging in their comments about the XB1...so I don't see it in the cards for the system.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2014, 08:07:39 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on May 10, 2014, 02:52:35 PM

Yeah, it looks like there will be no Xb1 version, unfortunately. The official reason is they got their dev kits late and didn't want to hold up development of the game to get a xb1 version out. They also have been rather disparaging in their comments about the XB1...so I don't see it in the cards for the system.

Well, the problem is that Microsoft has a 'if you don't release it the same day, if not earlier, as you do any other console version, then you can fuck off and we don't want it on the XB1' policy.

It's...stupid.

Also, quite enjoying the game myself (as I said in this week's release thread). Ron's GT review I pretty much agree with, although I'd grade it slightly higher (7 to 7.5 out of 10) myself. At least from my limited playtime.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2014, 01:16:28 PM »

I'm enjoying it. It scratches an itch for an RPG on the PS4 for me. Does it have cutting edge graphics, break startling new ground, amaze and amuse young and old alike? No, but I do get an Amalur / Witcher vibe when I play. Maybe it all falls apart as we go deeper down the rabbit hole but so far so good.

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2014, 11:19:34 PM »

Any more impressions? I'm still on the fence about purchasing this.
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2014, 01:34:01 PM »

Have you read Ron's review here? I just did and, like Destructor, I basically agree with it but would rate it slightly higher. Even with the "horse eating peanut butter" lip syncing. LOL

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: