http://gamingtrend.com
October 30, 2014, 04:13:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC-PR] Shadowbane: Throne of Oblivion Announced  (Read 1876 times)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: September 10, 2004, 12:41:32 PM »

SHADOWBANE: THRONE OF OBLIVION™ ANNOUNCED

Extensive Expansion Pack Introduces New Vampire Race for Online Role-Playing Game

SAN FRANCISCO – September 9, 2004 – Ubisoft, one of the world’s top game publishers, announced today the Shadowbane: Throne of Oblivion™ expansion pack will be available at a manufacturer’s retail price of $19.99 on November 30.  The expansion for the critically acclaimed massively multiplayer online (MMO) game Shadowbane® will feature an entirely new realm and rulership system that allows players to seize and vie for control of sections of the game world.

"Shadowbane: Throne of Oblivion brings guild warfare and city sieging to an exciting new level with a strategic end-game that is unprecedented in the genre of MMO games.  ‘Build an Empire’ was one of the early rallying cries of Shadowbane and with this expansion, our players can do exactly that," said Frank Lucero, Shadowbane’s producer.  “Shadowbane: Throne of Oblivion brings with it the new Vampire Race, new classes and disciplines, each with special powers and abilities designed to enrich PvP combat.  Additionally, graphical improvements and extensive refinements to the existing siege system will enrich play and improve performance.”

In addition to the new strategic systems, Shadowbane: Throne of Oblivion will feature extensive new player options centered around an invasion from the Lands of the Dead.  Shadowbane: Throne of Oblivion marks the first time in an MMORPG that players can play Vampire characters.  The Vampires’ clothing and armor will spotlight their supernatural power and allure and demonstrate the appeal of these creatures while exploring a new visual direction for Shadowbane.  Their unique powers, strengths, and weakness will add new layers and tactics to the Shadowbane PvP landscape.

New classes, including the Nightstalker, Necromancer, and disciplines including Vampire bloodlines and four new siege disciplines will also debut in Shadowbane: Throne of Oblivion.  Existing classes and disciplines will be undated to account for the arrival of the undead legions, and new weapons will add new dimensions to the existing power dynamic, forcing players to make new strategic decisions.

Shadowbane: Throne of Oblivion will also feature graphical enhancements, shown off to their fullest in new adventuring areas with all-new high-level content.

Shadowbane: Throne of Oblivion is pending rating by the ESRB and more information can be found on the official Shadowbane community Website, The Chronicle of Strife: chronicle.ubi.com.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2004, 02:32:30 PM »

Will they fix the constant server issues/crashes/etc with this 'upgrade'? Maybe they should work on that first...

Either that, or my information is woefully outdated. smile

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004, 02:51:28 PM »

I thought this had already been shut down.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004, 02:52:14 PM »

Quote from: "Fellow"

No, it's another fanstay game, so we need another one with "Oblivion" in the title. biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2004, 05:15:47 PM »

Quote from: "Fellow"

No, the game in question you're thinking about is Dragon Empires. As shown so nicely in this GUComics shot.

SB and Horizons will just be the next flies to the bug-zapper. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2004, 06:39:04 PM »

Nope, Dragon Empires looked drop dead gorgeous. Shadowbane made my eyes bleed the last I saw it. smile

I do know that SB, after numerous push-backs, when it was finally released, didn't do too well (to put it mildly). So I'm surprised it's still ticking and even warranted an expansion pack as such.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: