http://gamingtrend.com
August 22, 2014, 10:03:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC-PR] EA Ships The Sims 2  (Read 2894 times)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: September 17, 2004, 01:36:43 PM »

Did you hear that?  It was the sound of the entire world's productivity slipping a notch.  Having worked retail before, let me assure you that this release is more important than the election of our next President to some folks.  slywink  I plan on picking it up, so expect a short review in the forums soon.

EA Ships The Sims 2; The Highly Anticipated Sequel to the #1 PC Game of All Time is Now in Stores

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sept. 17, 2004--The wait for millions of Sims fans is over. Electronic Arts (Nasdaq:ERTS) today announced that The Sims(TM) 2, has shipped to retailers under the EA GAMES(TM) brand and is now available on store shelves. The award-winning The Sims 2, developed by EA's Maxis(TM) studio, is the sequel to the #1 PC game of all time. The Sims game and its expansion packs have sold over 36 million units worldwide.

"We are excited to have reached this milestone and thrilled to turn over this revolutionary game to our community and fans and let them take playing PC games to a whole new level," said Lucy Bradshaw, Executive Producer of the game at EA's Maxis studio. "For the first time, players will see emotions, live through life's most memorable moments and unleash their inner film-making capabilities, all in one game."

The original The Sims game took the world by storm and became a cultural phenomenon spreading from hardcore PC gamers to the masses with its broad appeal, unique sense of humor and innovative gameplay that allowed players to create and control simulated people in an open-ended universe. Fans were immediately taken with the game's appeal of playing out life stories in a computer game and making them their own. The Sims 2 is poised to follow a similar path, with its advanced gameplay mechanics and endless creative possibilities.

For the first time, players control their Sims over an entire lifetime taking them through life's greatest moments. Every choice that is made has a relevant and dramatic effect on the life of a Sim. Players can now fulfill their Sims' life dreams as they take them from cradle to grave. More life-like Sims, all-new aspirations gameplay, and the ground-breaking addition of genetics, with the DNA of Sims passed down through generations, gives players a more vivid, realistic, and in-depth Sims experience. All of this takes place in a new amazingly realistic 3-D world.

In The Sims 2, your Sims now have a purpose in life. Will they aspire to a life of popularity, fortune, family, knowledge, or romance? Give them what they want and they'll lead a long, successful existence; indulge their fears and risk leaving their lives in shambles. Take them to extremes; from being left at the altar and needing a shrink to inheriting a fortune and becoming filthy rich. Witness the big and extreme moments that make every Sims' life uniquely memorable.

Unleash your creativity -- generate unique Sims with the new Create-A-Sim, packed with a vast selection of facial features, hairstyles, and outfits. Build dream homes and design neighborhoods with new building, design, and home furnishing options. Make films with the all-new movie-making feature. Create the cast, set the stage, take control of the camera, and capture your own screenplay in action. Zoom in close to record every detail as your very own Sims sitcom unfolds.

About The Sims(TM)

The Sims franchise celebrated its fourth anniversary in February. The game skyrocketed to the top of the charts when it began shipping to stores in February 2000 and quickly became a universal gaming and cultural phenomenon. The Sims PC based product and expansion packs were the best selling PC games of 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2003. Translated into 17 different languages, The Sims has inspired seven top selling expansion packs. They include: The Sims(TM) Livin' Large, The Sims(TM) House Party, The Sims(TM) Hot Date, The Sims(TM) Vacation, The Sims(TM) Unleashed, The Sims(TM) Superstar, and The Sims(TM) Makin' Magic. Combined sales for the franchise have topped 41 million units life-to-date. For more information on The Sims franchise titles, visit http://www.thesims.com.

About Electronic Arts

Electronic Arts Inc. (EA), headquartered in Redwood City, California, is the world's leading interactive entertainment software company. Founded in 1982, EA posted revenues of $2.96 billion for fiscal 2004. The company develops, publishes, and distributes interactive software worldwide for video game systems, personal computers and the Internet. In 2003, EA had 27 titles that sold more than one million copies. Electronic Arts markets its products under three brand names: EA SPORTS(TM), EA GAMES(TM), and EA SPORTS BIG(TM). EA's homepage and online game site is www.ea.com. More information about EA's products and full text of press releases can be found on the Internet at http://info.ea.com.

Electronic Arts, EA, EA SPORTS, EA SPORTS BIG, EA GAMES, and The Sims are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 02:12:57 PM »

Yep, my computer is no longer under my control now that Sims 2 has come out.  So, I'm relegated to playing Burnout 3...which isn't necessarily a bad thing biggrin

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2004, 02:42:51 PM »

That reminds me...I need to pick up Burnout 3 this weekend.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2004, 02:44:46 PM »

I just do not get the fascination with The Sims. Not even a little.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2004, 03:08:56 PM »

Maybe the wife might be interested in it Mitch.

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2004, 03:11:11 PM »

Well...this Sims is at least in 3D and your Sim doesn't work 7 days a week.  Its a life simulator.  Either you are into manipulating virtual people (or building walls around them, not feeding them, and watching them die) or you aren't.   :twisted:   Interested now?

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2004, 03:19:15 PM »

Nope. And I let Amy play Bustin' Out when I had it for review, and she got bored after 10 minutes. I then forced her to play for at least a full 30 minutes and she never got into it. Her opinion is the same as mine - life can be boring by itself, whatfor a life simulator? Why play life when we live it every day anyway?

Now United Offensive, that's a hell of a game!. biggrin

I think what's funny though is if I was running Maxis when they first brought in The Sims as a pitch, I'd have considered it one of the dumbest things ever. While that's still my opinion, I'd have likely been fired had that game gone elsewhere. biggrin

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2004, 03:25:20 PM »

Well, crap, I had to buy the Sims and all 7 expansions.  I played the original about 15 minutes and blew it off, so I sit in the same area you do Mitch.  However there are other powers at work slywink

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2004, 04:05:07 PM »

Heh, very true. I did, however, just talk Amy into agreeing to swing by Fry's on our way out of town today so I can grab Fable for $36. biggrin So there is happiness in the universe again. smile She's still hooked on Frogger for the PS2 and Voodoo Vince, so at least she's got that. I think the fact that we're still unpacking my stuff and arranging our home might not lead her towards e-decorating anytime soon though. slywink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: