http://gamingtrend.com
April 21, 2014, 04:20:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC-PR] EA Games' The Sims 2 Goes Gold  (Read 1371 times)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: August 24, 2004, 01:26:01 AM »

This game looks different enough from the previous title to have my attention.  Or as some of the readers would say....IN!

EA GAMES’ THE SIMS 2 GOES GOLD

The Sims 2, the sequel to the best selling PC game of all time has reached another milestone –it has gone gold and is set to be in stores by September 17th.

This highly anticipated and award-winning PC game is set to be one of the biggest games of the year.  With the ground-breaking introduction of genetics, players control their Sims over a lifetime and pass their Sims’ DNA down from one generation to the next.

Players will be able to create and play virtually their own sitcom by choosing one of five different aspirations for their Sims’ lives: -- their choices include: Popularity, Fortune, Family, Knowledge, and Romance.  These aspirations in life cause your Sims to have wants and fears -- Will you give your Sims a long successful existence or leave their life in shambles?

The Sims 2 also opens up endless new creative possibilities. Make your own Sim films with the new movie making feature. Create the cast, set the stage, take control of the camera and capture your own screenplay in action. Zoom in close with the new camera to see every last detail.

Generate unique Sims with the new “Create-A-Sim” packed with a vast selection of facial features, hairstyles, and outfits.  Gain easy access to player made content and open up endless customization options. Create dream homes and design neighborhoods with the new building, design, and home furnishing options.

It’s up to you to take your Sims from the cradle to the grave, fulfill their dreams, and push them to extremes in The Sims 2. What will you make of their lives?

The Sims™ 2 is rated T for Teen by the ESRB with descriptors of Crude Humor, Sexual Themes, Violence and will have a MSRP of $49.99.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2004, 12:38:55 PM »

Gah! As if real life isn't boring enough, now you can do your taxes in a game! Wheee! :wink:

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2004, 01:32:49 PM »

I'm looking forward to the re-invention of The Mansons.  Yes, big old pot-bellied Mr. Manson and his crack-whore wife and daughter...man I think I take The Sims to a whole different place than intended.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2004, 01:36:30 PM »

The best news about this coming out the same day as Fable is I get to switch places with the wife (me out in the living room, her in the computer room), since she can't get enough of The Sims.  I played the original for about 10 minutes and cast it aside.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2004, 02:01:35 PM »

WHAAA?  No way....I absolutely had to have Mr. Manson build a stone prison with no windows or doors for lil' Sally Manson to wallow in her own filth until she died.  Then the door (and urn) arrived....Mr. Manson didn't grieve for as long as I expected...

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2004, 07:51:45 PM »

lol I really hope its easier to keep them alive. I started killing mine after I tried so hard to keep them alive and couldnt, their AI is just so dumb.

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2004, 07:55:54 PM »

I hate the entire SIMS franchise. It's even more evil than final fantasy.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2004, 07:59:27 PM »

But at least in Final Fantasy you get the sense of killing things. In The Sims, the only thing it's killing is my free time, and I'd rather do that by playing something interesting. smile

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: