http://gamingtrend.com
September 22, 2014, 12:52:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC-PR] Call of Duty: United Offensive Goes Gold  (Read 2105 times)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: September 01, 2004, 05:46:44 PM »

CALL OF DUTY:  UNITED OFFENSIVE GOES GOLD

Santa Monica, CA - Sept. 1, 2004 - Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) announced today that Call of Duty(tm): United Offensive(tm) - the expansion pack to Infinity Ward's highly acclaimed Call of Duty(tm), which has received over 80 Game of the Year and 50 Editors' Choice Awards worldwide - has gone gold and will ship to retail outlets nationwide on Sept. 14.  The cinematic intensity of the Call of Duty brand reaches unprecedented heights in Call of Duty: United Offensive by delivering more action than ever before.  This robust expansion pack features a total of 13 all-new single player missions filled with new weapons, player abilities and special effects, as well as an expanded multiplayer experience introducing 11 new maps and three new modes of play.  Developed by Gray Matter Interactive Studios, Call of Duty: United Offensive is rated "T" (Teen - Blood, Mild Language, Violence) by the ESRB and will carry a suggested retail price of $29.99.

About Activision
Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision, Inc. is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and leisure products.  Founded in 1979, Activision posted net revenues of $948 million for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2004.

Activision maintains operations in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Australia, Scandinavia and the Netherlands.  More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company's World Wide Web site, which is located at www.activision.com <http://www.activision.com>.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2004, 06:45:11 PM »

Thank God, more CoD greatness. Man do I love that game inside and out! biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2004, 07:09:47 PM »

I still haven't actually played CoD, just the single-player demos.

I do have a copy on the way though. It might even get here tomorrow or friday for all I know.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2004, 07:18:52 PM »

Ill be picking this up, I "rented" the first one from a friends of mine for about 6 months and I recently had to give it back. Im still in withdraw beleive me. smile

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2004, 07:46:14 PM »

It's an expansion pack.

My understanding is that it is not a stand-alone, meaning it won't work without the original game.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2004, 09:03:24 PM »

/twitch

More of the best WWII action I've played... must have you now... smile

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2004, 11:12:48 PM »

I wonder what shows/movies they will mine for this one.  I really enjoyed "playing" Band of Brothers and Enemy at the Gates!  Not a knock on the game, as I am quite serious.  Those missions were great and I look forward to firing this game up once again.  

The only mission I didn't like was the British commando mission in the dam.  That was cookie-cutter FPS, while the rest seemed really fresh.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2004, 01:10:00 PM »

/prays for Where Eagles Dare to be mined

Man, that alone would make a heck of a game. smile

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: