http://gamingtrend.com
July 26, 2014, 07:43:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC]Skull Girls Beta  (Read 124 times)
raydude
Gaming Trend Senior Member

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2013, 12:13:19 PM »

Anyone else bought Skull Girls for the PC? I'm having a blast with this 2-D fighting game, mainly because now I understand more of the underlying strategy behind blocking, hitting, and counters. And THAT is because the tutorial for this game is probably the best I've seen for any fighting game to date.

The tutorials do a step-by-step introduction to the ins and outs of the Skull Girls fight mechanics, from basic "this is your low, med, high punch/kick. Try it now" to "this is what hit confirmation is. So, if the hits are blocked do [blah] but if not, do [blahblah]." The nice thing is that, since the terminology and tactics are the same as in most fighting games, the tutorial really is a primer for "how to be better at any fighting game".

As an example, I never really knew what the heck people were talking about when saying one can "cancel your attack into another attack". The tutorial explains it, shows it, and then gives the player an opportunity to try it. As a side bonus it shows and allows you to practice some neat combos for a few of the characters in the course of teaching you a particular technique (like air combos, or air juggling).

The game is still in beta so story mode is disabled, but there is still arcade mode, the tutorial, the training room, and online multiplayer. Haven't gone online yet but I may try it later on this week.

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: