http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 04:06:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC] The Origin Great Game Guarantee  (Read 193 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2013, 02:58:15 AM »

OK 'EA', who are you and what did you do with the real EA?

The new Origin Great Game Guarantee works like this: You may return EA full game downloads (PC or Mac) purchased on Origin for a full refund--within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from when you purchased it, or within the first seven days after the game's release date if you pre-ordered it (whichever of these conditions happens first).

If something doesn't work out—you aren’t riveted by the storyline, or sucked in by the action, or even just if the game doesn't play well with your video card—we’ve got your back.

Requesting a refund is quick and easy. Just visit your order history and click the “request a refund” link next to your recent purchase, answer a few quick questions, and we’ll take it from there.

of course this is only EA games, and I'm sure they have some wriggle room in the fine print.  There has to be, right?  I mean it's EA, and they're evil, and if there isn't then... then.... wait, was that four horsemen who just rode down the street?  paranoid

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 03:49:04 AM »

While I’m not getting my hopes up that is promising, especially considering they also put out their recent games for charity humble bundle.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 03:52:44 AM »

Yep, finally, pressure from competition in the digital space has finally given us consumers something.

As much as I like steam, I like it mainly because it works reasonably well, but it's not as good as it can be, especially for a digital service that can be updated at any time.

Assuming this comes to be, then it pretty much justifies my thoughts on Origin when it released. Not quite as good then, but given time it should be a nice competition to Steam.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 06:30:03 AM »

Here's the fine print: You have to buy the game on Origin.
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 06:41:24 PM »

I can see this being ripe for abuse so imagine they'll tighten this up a bit or get rid of it later.

For Steam I kinda hope their response it to figure out how to sell games on Steam. Would love for them to do what they do with the cards. Where you sell the game at a price you set, then Steam/Publisher gets a cut, and you get credit for your sale. I've made a few bucks just selling all my cards. It's always nice to see .40 cents or $1 or whatever you have of credit there going towards your next game purchase.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 08:39:44 PM »

thinking about doing this with simcity just to send them a message.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: