http://gamingtrend.com
September 30, 2014, 10:15:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC] Obligatory HL2 Pre-Gold-Almost-There-*supposedly Thread  (Read 1697 times)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: September 16, 2004, 07:02:24 PM »

Ripped directly from Shacknews:

After getting an email from Vermouth pointing to a forum post by Gabe Newell about the status of Half-Life 2 I decided to check with Gabe myself to make sure we werent looking at another spoofed post. So, here you go.. a couple of quick bits from Gabe on what up:

"Yes, the RC went to VU yesterday""

RC being a release candidate.. which means they hope its done but a couple of bugs may still show up in testing. RC cycles can be fairly quick or drag on for weeks. Oh and for completeness, here is Gabe's response to my asking for confirmation:

"Yes.  Getting close"

Take it for what it's worth.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 09:05:47 PM »

I'd offer up $.02, but I'd still want a refund.

biggrin

Man, I hope this is true. We need another triple-A title out in the next few weeks because, damn, there just aren't enough of them.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2004, 03:36:33 PM »

Again, from Shacknews:

GameSpot has a lengthy update on the Valve vs Vivendi Universal lawsuit that has been going on since 2002 when Valve sued Sierra (part of VUGames). The Half-Life developer originally sued Sierra because the publisher put Valve games in Internet cafes in the US and around the world, which Valve alledges is a copyright infringement. Vivendi later counter-sued, saying Valve had made misleading statements to them about their online distribution plans. Vivendi also wants Valve to honor a previous agreement and publish whatever Valve is going to work on next, and they would like to be awarded ownership of the Half-Life franchise as well. Various motions will be heard by the court October 8. How all of this will affect the release of Half-Life 2, we won't know for a while (though Vivendi Universal Games sure could use the money).
In court filings, Sierra/VUG says that the current distribution of Half-Life 2 via Steam exceeds the scope of the current software publishing agreement between the two parties. It is apparently seeking the court's assistance in compelling Valve not to use Steam as an avenue of distribution. On Friday, when asked if Valve was remained intent on making Half-Life 2 available to gamers via Steam, regardless of what was determined on October 8, Lombardi replied, "Yes."

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2004, 06:54:36 PM »

Holy shit. Steam might go south before it starts up at all.

Won't that tick off a ton of people who've already download some gig worth of data.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2004, 07:16:41 PM »

Quote from: "Destructor"
Holy shit. Steam might go south before it starts up at all.

What do you mean "might"? slywink

/snicker

/hunts for candy

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2004, 08:23:26 PM »

God.. the way this is going we might see this game sometime next year. I just want to play the damn game already.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2004, 08:59:28 PM »

Somebody is gonna find that crowbar....and beat somebody else with it.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: