http://gamingtrend.com
September 30, 2014, 10:46:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC] Heroes of the Storm  (Read 1704 times)
wonderpug
Gaming Trend Senior Member

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2014, 09:16:41 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on May 22, 2014, 09:08:58 PM

Looks like we might have to uninstall and reinstall after update today?

Yup.  The update just went live, too, so if you have the means to start the new install now you should get started on the 2.5GB download.  

Patch notes - pretty significant list of changes, and just about everything looks like a good change.  

I didn't notice it in the patch notes, but there's a pretty good chance you'll have to replay the tutorial and start at level 1 again.  I don't mind replaying the tutorial, but I hate having to level up to 6 again (or whatever level it is) to unlock the advanced hero talents.  I get that they want to restrict them to ease in new players, but when you're already eased in it feels like you're playing neutered for a while.

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2014, 09:28:49 PM »

Murky Trailer
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2014, 10:02:34 PM »

I still prefer Smite, but now I'm trying out Dawngate and Strife which are both basically LoL clones that have been made more accessible for the Teggy's and Wonderpugs of the world. slywink

(btw pug, you should see if you can get someone to go in on a 4 pack for DI:E. I can see you having more than your share of fun with that.)
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2014, 11:59:36 PM »

Maintenance be long
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2014, 02:46:21 PM »

I played a few matches last night and had a lot of fun with the Demon Hunter Assassin.  Most of the games went long, over 25 minutes. I guess we are all noobs.  I am only level 7.  The new Murky hero is made of ultra-fragile glass.  I guess you need to liberally use his egg to come back since he dies so easy.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2014, 02:52:55 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on May 23, 2014, 02:46:21 PM

The new Murky hero is made of ultra-fragile glass.  I guess you need to liberally use his egg to come back since he dies so easy.

I was at the PAX reveal of that character and it is intended to be fragile, but since he spawns so easily, you just keep coming back.  The way they phrased it was that if you can fight a round with Murky and not take damage, that is a victory.  Otherwise, he will just keep chipping away at you.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2014, 03:04:11 PM »

On the official forums people are already grabbing their torches & pitchforks and calling Murky overpowered.  You definitely do need to use his egg, which lets you respawn in 5 seconds, wherever you want, and most importantly: without your death counting as a death.  The enemy team just gets XP akin to killing a minion, and you're right back in the fight. 

I haven't played as him or against him enough to form much of my own opinion yet, but he is indeed super fragile and his autoattack damage is negligible.  He's so fragile you have to use hit & run tactics just attacking a minion wave on your own. 

It does seem a little overpowered that you can just stick your egg behind your own nearest fortress and get all the benefits with none of the risk.  It'd be interesting if you could only place your egg in neutral or enemy territory, so they at least have a chance of hunting it down, but I need to try him firsthand more before I call for a nerf.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2014, 03:41:01 PM »

weird that given the number of betas that get thrown on me all the time, I still have no access to this one frown
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2014, 03:46:12 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on May 24, 2014, 03:41:01 PM

weird that given the number of betas that get thrown on me all the time, I still have no access to this one frown

I don't think any of the old LoL crew do.  It's like they are sending them out only to people with little to no MOBA experience.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2014, 04:36:59 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on May 24, 2014, 03:41:01 PM

Maybe because it's in Alpha.  Once it hits Beta you are a lock!  icon_razz
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2014, 06:06:16 PM »

I'm in a fair number of alphas too, your humor has failed me
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2014, 06:08:23 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on May 24, 2014, 06:06:16 PM

I'm in a fair number of alphas too, your humor has failed me

Well now I wish you would have mentioned that sooner.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2014, 03:20:31 PM »

People searching through the config files of the launcher or some such and found reference to:

... a possible upcoming way to buy your way into the alpha, with a golden wolf mount in thrown in for your troubles.  One of the purchasable mounts is a mechanical wolf, so that's likely which wolf they mean.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2014, 06:27:07 PM »

My wallet is ready to ride whatever!
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2014, 08:12:13 PM »

I've been enjoying the siege tank with hover siege and the increasing range in siege mode.  POW!
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2014, 08:17:28 PM »

Anyone get in today?  Looks like a big wave of invites went out.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2014, 11:14:53 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on July 01, 2014, 08:17:28 PM

Anyone get in today?  Looks like a big wave of invites went out.

If you don't get me in soon, I'm gonna go craaaaaazzzyy  saywhat saywhat saywhat
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2014, 11:50:11 PM »

Just to be sure, you did press the button on your Battle.net account to opt-in, right?
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2014, 08:04:02 AM »

I'm still not in, been signed up since it was first an option frown
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2014, 04:40:07 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on July 02, 2014, 08:04:02 AM

I'm still not in, been signed up since it was first an option frown

Me too, I'm pretty sure they are targetting non-moba players first  crybaby icon_wink
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2014, 02:30:31 PM »

Don't know if the angry buzz of the thousands of grumpy alpha players is making it out of the HotS circles, but Blizzard pretty much just ruined the game with a single patch.  It's still alpha, of course, so there's plenty of room for decision reversals and balance changes, but in the current state:

• Talents are behind a level-up gate, so you now have to play a new hero for ~3 hours to be able to use all of the hero's talents.  Compared to other MOBAs, talents are a combination of skill upgrades and the equivalent of using an item shop to customize your hero.  
  • Artifacts have been introduced, which give you 3 upgrade slots to use pre-match.  
  • 1 - the artifacts are horribly imbalanced.  They do things like "increase max health 15%" which combine absurdly with heroes that already have high health, attack damage, or health regen.
  • 2 - the artifacts add a new gigantic pay wall, easy to call pay-to-win.  You can only buy artifacts with in-game gold, but you can buy new heroes with gold or real money.  Gold comes really slowly, so if you use gold to buy a new hero before you have a set of artifacts, you're gimping yourself.  If you only use cash monies to buy heroes, you'll be stronger faster
  • 3 - the artifacts are unavailable for new players; unlocked at level 15.  Oh, you're new to the game?  Well tough, you're also weaker than everyone else.  That enemy player that chose the same hero as you does 10% more damage, regenerates health faster, a faster base move speed than you, and access to better talents
On the plus side, this patch also introduced a new hero that can turn into a doggie.  
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2014, 04:47:09 PM »

Yikes, I won't be firing this back up any time soon then!
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2014, 04:51:03 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on July 25, 2014, 04:47:09 PM

Yikes, I won't be firing this back up any time soon then!

Log in briefly to get your stimulus package of gold they're giving out so we'll all test artifacts more thoroughly, then yeah, I'd shelve it for a while.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: