http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 03:57:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Official] Rock Band 2 Impressions  (Read 35545 times)
lildrgn
Gaming Trend Senior Member

It's not the years, it's the mileage.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #360 on: October 03, 2008, 03:45:02 PM »

Quote from: Booner on October 03, 2008, 02:33:49 PM

Hehe...skipping out on the guys early to play a video game about music. Is that wrong?  saywhat

Skipping out early? That's just wrong. Staying up way too late and having more fun than rehearsal after rehearsal? All good. icon_cool

AHA! Tell me you have it on 360. Now we can start a Rock Band of "real" musicians! retard

Add me: lildrgnsb2

But, I am on west coast time, so take that into consideration. We should HOOK IT UP!!!

Booner

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 03, 2008, 03:53:14 PM »

They have me straight over at OO...I just have to create some extra tunes and add them as subs.

Quote from: lildrgn on October 03, 2008, 03:45:02 PM

Quote from: Booner on October 03, 2008, 02:33:49 PM

Hehe...skipping out on the guys early to play a video game about music. Is that wrong?  saywhat

Skipping out early? That's just wrong. Staying up way too late and having more fun than rehearsal after rehearsal? All good. icon_cool

AHA! Tell me you have it on 360. Now we can start a Rock Band of "real" musicians! retard

Add me: lildrgnsb2

But, I am on west coast time, so take that into consideration. We should HOOK IT UP!!!

Extenuating circumstances with the band thing tonight. It's the dreaded letting one member go talk. I hate the whole thing, though a necessary evil...so I'll be ready to get out early. retard The other fellas think we'll still play afterwards, but I know better as I've seen how sour the mood can be after these things.

But yes...360! I'll have to re-up my gold account in the next week or so, but accept it if you get a friends request for KnucklesWhite.  slywink

Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 03, 2008, 07:12:34 PM »

Quote from: Booner on October 03, 2008, 03:53:14 PM

But yes...360! I'll have to re-up my gold account in the next week or so, but accept it if you get a friends request for KnucklesWhite.  slywink

Booner, add me too (JTJ66) and be sure to check out the multiplayer forum for RB2 jam sessions. All are welcome, including noobs. smile
CSL

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 04, 2008, 12:12:54 AM »

Too bad our connection crapped out Jeff - that rendition of Green Grass & High Tides was going so well.

Ah well, I went out and upped my solo score on it considerably from about 186,000 points to 198,000. I'll crack 200,000 soon.
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 04, 2008, 12:17:08 AM »

Quote from: CSL on October 04, 2008, 12:12:54 AM

Too bad our connection crapped out Jeff - that rendition of Green Grass & High Tides was going so well.

Ah well, I went out and upped my solo score on it considerably from about 186,000 points to 198,000. I'll crack 200,000 soon.

Yeah, it looks like you might have a hardware problem. You were dc'ing every other song.

Turns out, bass on GG&HT is pretty easy, except for one area. That was the first time I've ever played bass on it. Good job getting 198,000, my high for GG&HT is 181,000. I still have trouble with those ending runs with the fast alternating single notes.

lildrgn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #365 on: October 04, 2008, 02:06:47 AM »

How do you join guys in progress? I saw NoxiousDog, JTJ66 and Hadron Smasher online but don't know how to join a game without typing out a horribly slow message to play together.

Suggestions?

Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 04, 2008, 03:00:01 AM »

Quote from: lildrgn on October 04, 2008, 02:06:47 AM

How do you join guys in progress? I saw NoxiousDog, JTJ66 and Hadron Smasher online but don't know how to join a game without typing out a horribly slow message to play together.

Suggestions?

Just a tip for faster typing, you can get a cheap usb keyboard and plug it in to the 360 and it will work for all text input.

lildrgn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #367 on: October 04, 2008, 04:44:01 AM »

Thanks for the tip... but it didn't answer my question... smile

Anyway, my bass drum pedal is dead. Don't know how or why. It's not broken, but it won't register any notes. It does register one hit each time I plug or unplug the pedal. I tried rebooting the game, no dice. I'll try rebooting the 360 next.

frown

Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 04, 2008, 12:47:05 PM »

Quote from: lildrgn on October 04, 2008, 04:44:01 AM

For joining, you'd either accept an incoming invite, or send off a text message requesting an invite. When you are about to message someone, the screen will show where they are in the game (main menu, practice mode, World Tour, etc). Though in RB2, I'm not sure if you can tell if someone is already in a band with others or not, since you can play World Tour solo now.

To start a band and send off invites, do the following:

* create a band with a name that is Live-ready (that is, not already taken)

* go to Band World Tour > Xbox Live Tour > then load that band and join it.

* on the band formation page, there should be an choice at the bottom of the screen for "multiplayer options". Select that

* send off your invites.

Don't be offended at non-responses, people may already be in bands with others smile

Btw, lildrgn, i'm not sure you're showing up as online for me on Live. I haven't seen your name pop for me in months, yet you are on my friends list. You saw me online last night, but I never saw you. Today I'll try removing then re-adding you.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 04, 2008, 02:14:08 PM »

Quote from: Jeff Jones on October 04, 2008, 12:47:05 PM

Don't be offended at non-responses, people may already be in bands with others smile

On that note, sorry I blew off both you and CSL yesterday.  My brother is in town this weekend, and he and I were jamming.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 04, 2008, 02:36:01 PM »

I too am sorry I didn't respond to invites last night.  We had people over and all 4 spots were full.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 04, 2008, 03:51:45 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on October 04, 2008, 02:14:08 PM

On that note, sorry I blew off both you and CSL yesterday.  My brother is in town this weekend, and he and I were jamming.

No problem (same for you, denog). I figured you guys were busy. It wouldn't have worked anyway, CSL has some kind of problem with his hard drive or something, and kept disconnecting every few minutes.

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 04, 2008, 04:10:19 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on October 04, 2008, 02:36:01 PM

I too am sorry I didn't respond to invites last night.  We had people over and all 4 spots were full.
crybaby

No worries.  I wound up in a pick-up band for a while. 

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
lildrgn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #373 on: October 04, 2008, 04:25:02 PM »

Quote from: lildrgn on October 04, 2008, 04:44:01 AM

For joining, you'd either accept an incoming invite, or send off a text message requesting an invite. When you are about to message someone, the screen will show where they are in the game (main menu, practice mode, World Tour, etc). Though in RB2, I'm not sure if you can tell if someone is already in a band with others or not, since you can play World Tour solo now.

To start a band and send off invites, do the following:

* create a band with a name that is Live-ready (that is, not already taken)

* go to Band World Tour > Xbox Live Tour > then load that band and join it.

* on the band formation page, there should be an choice at the bottom of the screen for "multiplayer options". Select that

* send off your invites.

Btw, lildrgn, i'm not sure you're showing up as online for me on Live. I haven't seen your name pop for me in months, yet you are on my friends list. You saw me online last night, but I never saw you. Today I'll try removing then re-adding you.

Re-add! I should be able to hook up sometime tonight. The wife is going out! WooT.

godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 04, 2008, 08:55:09 PM »

After ~13 hours of drumming the last 3 days my leg is shot. Made good progress though, moving up to 2nd on my friends list career leaderboard (just behind Skinypupy) with around 7,000,000 points. Also "won" Tour mode and I've started working on the challenges.

I can't wait for my Omega pedal to arrive, just in the hopes that it will help reduce my leg fatigue a bit. I'm so tired of fighting that damn kick pedal. After ~2 hours it becomes a struggle to hit double-kicks with any kind of consistency which really limits your song choices.

BTW, can you switch instruments in the middle of setlist?
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: October 04, 2008, 10:19:50 PM »

Quote from: godhugh on October 04, 2008, 08:55:09 PM

moving up to 2nd on my friends list career leaderboard (just behind Skinypupy) with around 7,000,000 points. Also "won" Tour mode and I've started working on the challenges.

I must not be on your Friends List. slywink

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 05, 2008, 03:07:17 AM »

Actually, you are on my friends list.  My band's career score is like 11M, so I am guessing you are not looking there, unless it isn't counting my score right or something.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 05, 2008, 04:48:43 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on October 05, 2008, 03:07:17 AM

Actually, you are on my friends list.  My band's career score is like 11M, so I am guessing you are not looking there, unless it isn't counting my score right or something.

He's looking at just the solo drum leaderboard.  I'm at 9M, he's at 7M, and you're at 6.6M.  I'm sure you're probably tops at the overall band scores, but not the solo drums.  Well, not yet anyways.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
lildrgn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #378 on: October 05, 2008, 05:01:42 AM »

Thanks for the game Jeff. Sorry for blowing it on Hysteria. I tried playing the beginning up high on the neck and was all screwed up.

Good times. Nice 100% on song 1, too!

Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 05, 2008, 05:09:37 AM »

Quote from: lildrgn on October 05, 2008, 05:01:42 AM

Thanks for the game Jeff. Sorry for blowing it on Hysteria. I tried playing the beginning up high on the neck and was all screwed up.

Good times. Nice 100% on song 1, too!

Sorry for the sudden exit. I meant to text msg you first, and ended up shutting off the entire xbox.

Other than the kindergarten class that is 'Float On' on bass, I pretty much stunk up the joint. It's past 1am here and i could barely hold my eyes open, heh.

I was surprised to see you take on Hysteria on expert - isn't that the hardest song in the game on bass?

Anyway, you're an outstanding player - you shredded Rush on expert, good job. I got my ass kicked on the first two Rush songs, they are very hard on bass, and I'd never played them on bass before.

Btw, you still show as offline to me, not sure why that's happening. I got your PM on Live, and coudl obviously invite you, but you show as offline. weird.

I'm not sure how, but I wanted to allow you to pick songs too. When I played with Gratch & Denoginizer last week, we could all take turns picking songs in the "make your own setlists" screen.
lildrgn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #380 on: October 05, 2008, 05:30:43 AM »

Jeff: no problem about dropping out. I figured you were done after Rush.

I thought I was dead playing expert on Working Man. Soloing on the upper neck is so much easier.

Not sure about the Live issues. It's too bad the headsets don't work better.

disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 05, 2008, 06:14:30 AM »

i'm not normally one to brag about my RB/GH skills because i'm not the greatest, but i do have to speak up tonight about my accomplishment in the Ramblin' Basslines Battle of the Bands event...

even though it says i'm #228 overall, that's actually a tie for first place...probably the only time i'll ever rank that high in BotB icon_cool

the screen actually said i was #1 the first time got 100% on the song, but i didn't take a picture of that one...figured i'd take one back at the start screen of the battle, but when i got there my ranking was already listed as lower.  i actually had to repeat the score to get those screenshots...lucky it didn't take too many more tries.  even though i know it's a tie for first place, it would have been cool to have a shot of it actually saying my band was #1.  oh well...still cool to be tied for the lead with a perfect run

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
disarm

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 05, 2008, 06:24:02 AM »

Quote from: Jeff Jones on October 05, 2008, 05:09:37 AM

I was surprised to see you take on Hysteria on expert - isn't that the hardest song in the game on bass?

while Hysteria is tough on bass, i don't think it comes anywhere close to Visions...horrible song that's an absolute bitch to play...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 05, 2008, 01:56:38 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on October 05, 2008, 04:48:43 AM

Quote from: The Grue on October 05, 2008, 03:07:17 AM

He's looking at just the solo drum leaderboard.  I'm at 9M, he's at 7M, and you're at 6.6M.  I'm sure you're probably tops at the overall band scores, but not the solo drums.  Well, not yet anyways.

Yeah, I'm quite sure I'll get passed in short order but it's fun for the moment slywink.
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 05, 2008, 03:05:29 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on October 05, 2008, 04:48:43 AM

Ah, yes.  I did a lot of the initial stuff on guitar, so I don't have scores there on drums.  Will have to rectify that.

Mithridates

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 05, 2008, 05:04:33 PM »

Quote from: disarm on October 05, 2008, 06:14:30 AM

i'm not normally one to brag about my RB/GH skills because i'm not the greatest, but i do have to speak up tonight about my accomplishment in the Ramblin' Basslines Battle of the Bands event...

even though it says i'm #228 overall, that's actually a tie for first place...probably the only time i'll ever rank that high in BotB icon_cool

the screen actually said i was #1 the first time got 100% on the song, but i didn't take a picture of that one...figured i'd take one back at the start screen of the battle, but when i got there my ranking was already listed as lower.  i actually had to repeat the score to get those screenshots...lucky it didn't take too many more tries.  even though i know it's a tie for first place, it would have been cool to have a shot of it actually saying my band was #1.  oh well...still cool to be tied for the lead with a perfect run

Awesome,  man!!!!

Our band's top achievement was making it to #5 on "The Greatest Man That Ever Lived" on the RB1 leaderboards.  I know how proud we were of that, so I can imagine how awesome you must feel to get to #1 on something!
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 06, 2008, 12:40:16 AM »

Can you guys spell out for me how to find this leaderboard.  I can find one for drums, but you have to pick songs...no career.  Then,  I can find one that is career, but it is either by song or by fans and I think it would include any instruments.  Is this an in-game leaderboard or somewhere else.  If in-game, how do you get to it?

godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 06, 2008, 12:50:04 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on October 06, 2008, 12:40:16 AM

Can you guys spell out for me how to find this leaderboard.  I can find one for drums, but you have to pick songs...no career.  Then,  I can find one that is career, but it is either by song or by fans and I think it would include any instruments.  Is this an in-game leaderboard or somewhere else.  If in-game, how do you get to it?

Go to Leaderboards->Solo->Drums. At the very, very top of the list (above all the songs) you should see "Career Leaderboard". That's the one we're looking at.
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 06, 2008, 01:00:25 AM »

Quote from: godhugh on October 06, 2008, 12:50:04 AM

Go to Leaderboards->Solo->Drums. At the very, very top of the list (above all the songs) you should see "Career Leaderboard". That's the one we're looking at.

I will check it out later...thanks.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #389 on: October 06, 2008, 10:23:52 PM »

Uh oh - Eurogamer is reporting a rather large 'glitch' with the game:

Fans have found a rather calamitous multiplayer bug in Rock Band 2 that wipes groups from the hard drive.

The issue only seems to be affecting Xbox 360, according to the Rock Band forums (spotted by Kotaku). It triggers on consoles with a Live enabled primary account and non-Live enabled secondary account. Probably quite common, that.

If that's the case, then a frustratingly long way into the campaign the tour band will disappear, a bit like Chesney Hawks. The only option is to restart, risking the glitch being triggered again somewhere down the line.

Despite fan grumbles, developer Harmonix has made no mention of the bug in over three weeks. Distributor EA is looking into the matter.

Rock Band 2 is only available in the US on Xbox 360 for the moment, and has yet to be given any kind of European date. But that's not stopped us getting a copy, and we'll bring you a review later this week.

(full article posted because I can)

So...anybody else heard of this problem? Or ran into it? I haven't bought the game yet (waiting for the 'collector's edition' version), so I've had no opportunity to see if this is true or not.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: October 06, 2008, 11:14:25 PM »

Never heard of or seen that issue and I'm pretty far into Tour mode.
disarm

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 06, 2008, 11:47:09 PM »

news of the possible bug really stinks, but have you guys seen the upgrades to Rockband.com yet?   here's a summary of the new features, courtesy of a developer's forum post...

THE MUSIC

Rock Band is all about music, right? So, we’ve devoted an entire section of the site to information about every available Rock Band track – both on disc and DLC. We’ll have over 500 tracks total by the end of the year so that’s a lot of tracks. In addition to the basic info about each song (including difficulty rankings for each instrument), we’ll have background information on each song, written by our own ace rock writer Brett Milano, and most song pages will even feature gameplay tips from our own staff.

THE ‘ZINE

The ‘Zine is RockBand.com’s new blog, featuring a lot of the Rock Band happenings you’re used to seeing - like DLC announcements and band interviews, along with new content like a behind the scenes “Sketchbook”, contests, and a weekly series called “52 Weeks to Rock”, a useful and humorous instruction manual for becoming a real life rock band, written by people who’ve really been there – real life Harmonix musicians and superfans.

BATTLE OF THE BANDS

Rock Band 2 features “Battle of the Bands” – daily and weekly tournaments that allow you to test your skills in constantly refreshed challenges with a variety of ways to compete. RockBand.com will be the only place you can get a sneak preview of upcoming battles, invite your friends to participate against you, and even send yourself a reminder of when to start rocking. Battles you’ve competed in are stored in your profile, where you can check your ranking against your friends, and relive your experiences via your own personal Battle archive.

PHOTOCREATOR

The days of taking pictures of your TV to show off your band to the world are over. Photocreator is an online tool we’ve created that actually lets you pose and shoot photos of your Rock Band 2 characters and bands, which are then rendered in full game-quality 3D (by an army of servers we’ve affectionately dubbed “Rendertrons”). You can then assign your favorites to your band pages or just add them to your personal profile. Just link your Gamertag to your web profile to get started.

MERCH BOOTH

Oh yeah, there’s one more thing you can do with your photos as well – make stuff! Real stuff like T-shirts, stickers, and posters. Just pick the Rock Band 2 band or character photo of your choice and our Merch Booth tool will step you through customizing merchandise that’s shipped to your door in just a few days. I’ve seen a bunch of test runs of this stuff and, trust me, you will be impressed by the end result - the quality is amazing.

BANDMATE CREATOR

As if that weren’t enough, in addition to posters, shirts, and stickers, you can make customized 3D statues of your favorite Rock Band 2 characters, which we’ve dubbed “Bandmates”. These things are awesome. They’re about 6” tall, made using full-color 3D printing technology from Z Corporation. Just pick a character, an instrument, and a pose, and they’ll get shipped to your door for about 70 bucks. The Harmonix office is swarming with Bandmate prototypes. After we'd evaluated a test run, we’d give them away to employees, and there was always a mad scramble to grab them on giveaway day.

STREAMLINED UI AND NAVIGATION

Tying all this together, we’ll be introducing a greatly streamlined site interface and navigation system that will help you get where you want to go with minimal fuss, including a new homepage that should knock your socks off.

the UI improvements are very solid and allow for quick navigation of the site and leaderboards.  the new Music section is an incredible resource for facts/trivia about bands in the game and the songs you're playing.  the Merch Booth is the coolest addition though...lets you buy actual stuff with pictures of your characters and bands.  while the possibliity of a t-shirt or poster with your band is pretty cool, the fact that you can create a 6" figurine of your band characters with the instrument and pose of your choice is totally awesome idea.  i'm not sure the merch is anything i'll actually buy, but the concept is beyond cool, and i'm sure they'll have no shortage of people jumping on the opportunity.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 07, 2008, 12:13:06 AM »

Finally 5-starred Working Man. I had never been able to do that, came close so many times, tonight it fell. The very next song I 5-starred War Pigs for the first time too. 

I'm on a roll!

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 07, 2008, 03:00:32 AM »

The 20 extra song registration page is up.  No word yet, btw, from the developer about what or when the content will be, but you can input that code now before you lose your manual.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #394 on: October 07, 2008, 04:12:16 PM »

Quote from: disarm on October 06, 2008, 11:47:09 PM

news of the possible bug really stinks, but have you guys seen the upgrades to Rockband.com yet?   here's a summary of the new features, courtesy of a developer's forum post...

THE MUSIC

Rock Band is all about music, right? So, we’ve devoted an entire section of the site to information about every available Rock Band track – both on disc and DLC. We’ll have over 500 tracks total by the end of the year so that’s a lot of tracks. In addition to the basic info about each song (including difficulty rankings for each instrument), we’ll have background information on each song, written by our own ace rock writer Brett Milano, and most song pages will even feature gameplay tips from our own staff.

THE ‘ZINE

The ‘Zine is RockBand.com’s new blog, featuring a lot of the Rock Band happenings you’re used to seeing - like DLC announcements and band interviews, along with new content like a behind the scenes “Sketchbook”, contests, and a weekly series called “52 Weeks to Rock”, a useful and humorous instruction manual for becoming a real life rock band, written by people who’ve really been there – real life Harmonix musicians and superfans.

BATTLE OF THE BANDS

Rock Band 2 features “Battle of the Bands” – daily and weekly tournaments that allow you to test your skills in constantly refreshed challenges with a variety of ways to compete. RockBand.com will be the only place you can get a sneak preview of upcoming battles, invite your friends to participate against you, and even send yourself a reminder of when to start rocking. Battles you’ve competed in are stored in your profile, where you can check your ranking against your friends, and relive your experiences via your own personal Battle archive.

PHOTOCREATOR

The days of taking pictures of your TV to show off your band to the world are over. Photocreator is an online tool we’ve created that actually lets you pose and shoot photos of your Rock Band 2 characters and bands, which are then rendered in full game-quality 3D (by an army of servers we’ve affectionately dubbed “Rendertrons”). You can then assign your favorites to your band pages or just add them to your personal profile. Just link your Gamertag to your web profile to get started.

MERCH BOOTH

Oh yeah, there’s one more thing you can do with your photos as well – make stuff! Real stuff like T-shirts, stickers, and posters. Just pick the Rock Band 2 band or character photo of your choice and our Merch Booth tool will step you through customizing merchandise that’s shipped to your door in just a few days. I’ve seen a bunch of test runs of this stuff and, trust me, you will be impressed by the end result - the quality is amazing.

BANDMATE CREATOR

As if that weren’t enough, in addition to posters, shirts, and stickers, you can make customized 3D statues of your favorite Rock Band 2 characters, which we’ve dubbed “Bandmates”. These things are awesome. They’re about 6” tall, made using full-color 3D printing technology from Z Corporation. Just pick a character, an instrument, and a pose, and they’ll get shipped to your door for about 70 bucks. The Harmonix office is swarming with Bandmate prototypes. After we'd evaluated a test run, we’d give them away to employees, and there was always a mad scramble to grab them on giveaway day.

STREAMLINED UI AND NAVIGATION

Tying all this together, we’ll be introducing a greatly streamlined site interface and navigation system that will help you get where you want to go with minimal fuss, including a new homepage that should knock your socks off.

the UI improvements are very solid and allow for quick navigation of the site and leaderboards.  the new Music section is an incredible resource for facts/trivia about bands in the game and the songs you're playing.  the Merch Booth is the coolest addition though...lets you buy actual stuff with pictures of your characters and bands.  while the possibliity of a t-shirt or poster with your band is pretty cool, the fact that you can create a 6" figurine of your band characters with the instrument and pose of your choice is totally awesome idea.  i'm not sure the merch is anything i'll actually buy, but the concept is beyond cool, and i'm sure they'll have no shortage of people jumping on the opportunity.

See this is the sort of thing that I think deserves a new post. Paging Daehawk! biggrin

The picture taker seems to be having issues so I haven't been abel to create a band T-Shirt, but I was able to seea the preview of my guitarists 3d figure. That's way too awesome.

This may also change the way I play the game. I never bother to buy new clothes or gear, create a band logo or add stand-ins for my band, but now I must do all of the above!

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 07, 2008, 04:26:12 PM »

BANDMATE CREATOR

As great as the other features are, THIS TRUMPS ALL. I am SO in for one of these for my main dude, Krieger.

Interesting side note, my avatar has been named Krieger since day one of my getting RB1. In RB2, in the rock shop, I found a t-shirt that says "Krieg" on it. He's been wearing it ever since biggrin
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #396 on: October 07, 2008, 07:25:50 PM »

The Bandmate Creator sounds like a VERY cool thing. I've been looking at getting into the lottery for the WoW one, as that would be a cool desk piece (even though I have no 'uber' characters), but having one for RB2 would rock, pun intended.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 07, 2008, 07:38:27 PM »

I take it there's no word yet on pricing for the custom figurines?  The World of Warcraft ones are a hundred bucks a pop if I remember correctly, so I'd imagine the pricetag is going to be a bit hefty for a full Rock Band band.
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 07, 2008, 07:41:21 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on October 07, 2008, 07:38:27 PM

I take it there's no word yet on pricing for the custom figurines?  The World of Warcraft ones are a hundred bucks a pop if I remember correctly, so I'd imagine the pricetag is going to be a bit hefty for a full Rock Band band.

think it's 70 bucks.
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 07, 2008, 07:57:06 PM »

Quote from: jersoc on October 07, 2008, 07:41:21 PM

Quote from: wonderpug on October 07, 2008, 07:38:27 PM

think it's 70 bucks.

$69, yeah.

http://www.rockband.com/merch

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: