http://gamingtrend.com
August 01, 2014, 04:04:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [LTTP] Zelda: Ocarina of Time  (Read 582 times)
Teggy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2007, 11:27:24 PM »

I recently got a Wii, so I decided to finally finish off Wind Waker. (By the way, picking up the game at the Triforce hunt and taking it to the end does not leave the best lasting impression).  Having done so I had the option to continue on to Twilight Princess or use the Virtual Console to go back and play OoT.  I figure I'm going to get a new TV in a couple of months which will be better served for playing Twilight Princess, so I decided to play OoT.

I have to say, for a 9 year old game, this one holds up really well.  The character models are a little blocky, but I have actually been impressed by some of the effects.  I've had no problem getting immersed in the story - and the gameplay is easily as deep as Wind Waker.  I'm only about 5 hours in, but I'm really looking forward to playing it through.  For any people fairly new to Nintendo (my first Nintendo console was a Gamecube), I highly recommend it (and it's only $10).

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 12:22:08 AM »

Ocarina of Time was a bit of LttP for me to- I played it in 2003 right before Wind Waker came out.  The graphics were initally a bit shocking (in a bad way) but by the end of the first dungeon I was hooked and devoted every ounce of free time to the game until I finished.  Amazing game. 
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 02:19:59 AM »

I also just bought and started Ocarina for the first time recently and I have to say it's really solid. I'm enjoying it far more than I did Twilight Princess which is essentially the same game as Ocarina, only with a more annoying sidekick and weaker dungeons. Pretty much everything I didn't like about Twilight Princess is missing from Ocarina which tells me they added bulk when they should have done something different. Glad to see I'm not the only one enjoying it for the first time. icon_biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 02:26:18 AM »

Awwww, you guys make me so proud. crybaby Ocarina of Time is right up there with A Link to the Past at the top of the Zelda franchise, and one of the best games to arise from the 32-bit generation.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 03:38:25 AM »

Quote from: Farscry on June 11, 2007, 02:26:18 AM

Awwww, you guys make me so proud. crybaby Ocarina of Time is right up there with A Link to the Past at the top of the Zelda franchise, and one of the best games to arise from the 32-bit generation.

ditto,two of my favourite games to come out of Nintendo(and i have actually finished them,which is always good for me)....but i have love for wind waker and twilight princess as well

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 04:39:51 AM »

My most favorite game of all time.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: