http://gamingtrend.com
September 21, 2014, 02:07:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Kickstarter] Unwritten: That Which Happened  (Read 592 times)
TiLT
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« on: January 17, 2013, 08:33:09 AM »

Another interesting Kickstarter project has recently popped up, and it's the kind where every backer counts. Its name is Unwritten: That Which Happened. The developers describe the gameplay like this:

In Unwritten the player creates and guides a nomadic clan on a one-way journey across a dangerous wilderness. It is a turn based strategy game with maps, story elements, units, abilities, and enemies that are all randomly generated. Along the way decisions (and death) are permanent, and each play session is unique.

Within the team we often call it "Sid Meier's Civilization meets Oregon Trail". It could also be called a "strategy rogue-like" since each area map feels a bit like a "dungeon" in the classic role playing game Rogue. However, in Unwritten you're controlling many units at once that share global resources like food and money.

Further details about the gameplay are sparse at the moment, but the concept sounds very promising, and the art style is original and evocative. I'm backing it.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 11:04:11 AM »

I backed them and thanks for bringing this to my attention. 

Speaking of Kickstarters I should be getting my steam code for Strike Suit Zero next week

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 11:47:48 AM »

The developers posted a large update describing the gameplay. It's sounding a bit like FTL in many ways, actually. If you've been on the fence, I'd suggest reading this.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 08:57:47 AM »

They've updated the "screenshot" from the game to more accurately represent the final look of the game. The difference is huge! I recommend giving it a look.

I'm a bit worried about this game's chances of succeeding with its Kickstarter campaign at this point. Progress has been too slow, though they have passed the infamous 30%-point that most failed Kickstarters don't even reach.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 08:38:46 PM »

For anyone who hasn't backed yet, you've still got 9 hours to do so. The project looks like it'll reach its goal, but only barely. It still needs more than $5k to get there, so every little bit helps.
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 10:01:46 PM »

I backed a couple days ago
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 01:06:22 AM »

They're funded.  thumbsup

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger