http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 07:58:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Kickstarter] Sunless Sea -- FTL/Elite like Steampunk Exploration/Trading  (Read 593 times)
ydejin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2013, 10:25:12 PM »

Sunless Sea is hitting it's last 36-hours on Kickstarter.  It's set in the Fallen London universe where London has been dragged halfway to hell.  It's Steampunk with heavy Lovecraftian overtones.

Gameplay is inspired by Sid Meier's Pirates, FTL, and Elite and includes exploration, trading and adventuring in the underground sunless sea.  It's also a bit of a rogue-like in that you expect your captain to fail sooner or later and succumb to madness, starvation, or just being torn-limb-to-limb, but his/her descendents will continue on with whatever possessions were gained from previous play throughs.

Here's some random screenshots:

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 10:31:54 PM »

looks cool, thanks for the heads up.  Since it already hit its goal I'm probably not going to back it but I'll keep an eye out for its release and eventual sale.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
ydejin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 10:42:14 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 01, 2013, 10:31:54 PM

looks cool, thanks for the heads up.  Since it already hit its goal I'm probably not going to back it but I'll keep an eye out for its release and eventual sale.

It's just a bit short of the Submarines stretch goal and personally I'm dying to play Captain Nemo.  But I think it's going to squeak past it.  If the take from the last day doubles the take from the second to last day (which I think is pretty common) they should make it.

We'll have to see how it goes, but it looks like it could be a really fun game -- I'm biased though, since I really like Steampunk and have studied a moderate amount of British empire history.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 12:40:17 AM »

I hope that cone represents sonar or a searchlight, or I have serious issues about how no one is allowed to look over the sides.

*Yeah, okay, it's a searchlight.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 12:42:51 AM by Isgrimnur » Logged

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 04:49:39 AM »

Wow....that looks incredible! And they list SAIS and Pirates! as influences? I will definitely look forward to that coming out.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: