http://gamingtrend.com
November 22, 2014, 10:54:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [kickstarter] Precinct  (Read 505 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: July 16, 2013, 04:17:59 PM »

from the creator of Police Quest comes a new attempt at creating the first of a new series of cop games.

Precinct takes players on a police adventure as officer Maxwell Jones in the corrupt town of Fraser Canyon, CA. Starting out as a rookie and then moving up the ranks, players face adrenaline charged scenarios and conduct real police procedures while solving crimes and arresting perpetrators. 

They say there are 5 games planned altogether, but this is just for the first one.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 04:31:33 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 04:30:03 PM »

I think you can count me in on this, sounds interesting.

And, just a minor quibble, you might want to fix the spelling of the game title in the Subject field icon_wink

"The function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectable" - John Kenneth Galbraith
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 04:33:10 PM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on July 16, 2013, 04:30:03 PM

And, just a minor quibble, you might want to fix the spelling of the game title in the Subject field icon_wink

stupid silent c slywink

Because I can,
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 05:18:28 PM »

Police Quest was ok.  What I would really like to see is a new SWAT.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 05:24:55 PM »

Quote from: skystride on July 16, 2013, 05:18:28 PM

Police Quest was ok.  What I would really like to see is a new SWAT.

A new SWAT? I think you're asking too much from the Universe, because a new SWAT would be awesome.

"The function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectable" - John Kenneth Galbraith
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 07:39:55 PM »

well, with 10 days to go and only  $85,868 pledged of a $500,000 goal, they're looking at alternative means to fund the game with a tiered funding system:

Instead of reaching a single funding goal and then asking our backers to simply wait and see what they get, our staged funding approach allows our Backers to weigh in heavily during the entire development cycle. Precinct Backers are NOT charged for a pledge unless the next funding goal is reached (currently $25,000).

Precinct Backers can pledge ANY amount they wish, at any time, and ALL backers receive a digital download of the finished game whether they pledged $1 or $10,000 throughout the project.

We have provided a full-featured community area, accessible only to Precinct Backers. We maintain a persistent dialog with our Backers, constantly seeking their opinions, suggestions, and feedback through forums, web chats, and online polls.  But that's not all we're doing on this front.  We are extremely happy to have SierraChest.com founder Rudy Marchant as a member of the Precinct development team.  Rudy will not only manage the Precinct community but also attend design and production meetings to make sure the voice of the fans is heard loud and clear.

We also decided to make the campaign about the game, not elaborate and costly reward tiers that ultimately take away from the game development budget.  Doing this has allowed us to reduce our minimum funding requirements for the full game by approximately $100,000.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 05:54:12 AM »

and crowdfunding is cancelled again.

We’re fighters and fought our best. Unfortunately, our best wasn’t good enough to overcome the challenges with crowdfunding Precinct. Our new approach attracted some terrific supporters and we are grateful. However, we simply don’t have the momentum needed to meet the requirements of this project.

Depending on the situation, we may decide to try again someday. The backing community are wonderfully supportive of Jim Walls making a new game. Likewise, our team remains passionate about Precinct and are hopeful there is a way to make Precinct a reality in the future.

Because I can,
The Rocketman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 10:11:00 AM »

Yeah, this didn't sound very promising. Static first-person screens with some multiple choice actions or some such? I got horrible Police Quest: SWAT (the 'interactive video' one) flashbacks from that synopsis.

Now, if they'd make another classic adventure in the vein of police quest 1-4 or Blue Squad, that'd be something else. Loved those games as a kid, even though I can't really see why nowadays...
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 07:28:33 PM »

The only true Police Quest games were the first 3. The fourth was completely unrelated other than the theme, designed by someone else and was the start of series' decline. The ending to that game was a punch to the gut, making no sense at all after all the detective work it made you go through. This new designer was also responsible for moving the series into the SWAT direction, first a full-motion-video game, then top-down, and then the first-person Rainbow 6 style. Not saying those are bad, but that they should have been a separate franchise altogether.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2013, 07:32:15 PM »

they dropped Police Quest from 3 and 4 at least.

Because I can,
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2013, 09:01:56 PM »

Yeah, by then they'd become better games.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: