http://gamingtrend.com
July 29, 2014, 07:30:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [iPhone/iPad] We Rule!!! addiction  (Read 9486 times)
Chaz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 09, 2010, 11:17:21 PM »

I don't know how much longer this is going to keep my interest.  It takes long enough to earn money (even when buying whatever I can from other people), and the other profit-making buildings take so much money to buy, that I can't ever justify spending the money on the functionless vanity items like trees, roads, and houses.  I can see the appeal in making a little kingdom, but not when it takes a day or more of real time to get the money to do so. 

When I decide to finally ditch it, is there a way to permanently delete my kingdom? I hate to leave it sitting there idle while people waste time clicking into it, waiting for it to load, then placing orders that will never be filled.

One of the things that's ultimately killing this for me is the loading times.  On my 3g, it takes over a minute to load to the kingdom screen, then another 20-30 seconds just to load to my realm, and performance is pretty awful as I try to harvest and plant everything.  Never mind the load times to click back to the kingdom screen, into someone else's realm, scroll slowly and stutteringly around to find the open shop, order, click out, etc.  I spend way more time in loading screens than I do actually interacting with anything.

DonD

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 10, 2010, 12:48:48 PM »

I've begun crafting a small iPad kingdom.  Friend requests were sent to the folks in this thread (even if you stop making a kingdom, I'll enjoy having leaderboards in my other games).

I'm in as DonDGT.

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 10, 2010, 10:11:23 PM »

I can't believe I downloaded this thing. I just have one question - is the time you have to harvest relative to the time it takes to grow? I would like to just check it once a day or so, and if my beans take a day to grow but die within 5 minutes if not harvested I'm going to say screw it.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 10, 2010, 10:49:27 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on April 10, 2010, 10:11:23 PM

I can't believe I downloaded this thing. I just have one question - is the time you have to harvest relative to the time it takes to grow? I would like to just check it once a day or so, and if my beans take a day to grow but die within 5 minutes if not harvested I'm going to say screw it.

Definitely yes but i don't know the formula.  What I do know is i tend to lose strawberries the most.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 11, 2010, 02:02:35 AM »

Oh well, I guess I will just see if I get screwed enough times for it to be an issue. I would make most sense to me to give enough time to harvest as you had to wait to grow.

I guess the one other question I had was about the things you buy from other people - is there a reason you should do it or is it just to be nice to friends? Like, I went to Wonderpug's town and bought some science equipment and it was done I had a science fair. But was I supposed to have a science fair? Did I buy those ballgowns for a party I wasn't supposed to be planning?

ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 11, 2010, 02:27:35 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on April 11, 2010, 02:02:35 AM

Oh well, I guess I will just see if I get screwed enough times for it to be an issue. I would make most sense to me to give enough time to harvest as you had to wait to grow.

I guess the one other question I had was about the things you buy from other people - is there a reason you should do it or is it just to be nice to friends? Like, I went to Wonderpug's town and bought some science equipment and it was done I had a science fair. But was I supposed to have a science fair? Did I buy those ballgowns for a party I wasn't supposed to be planning?

What you buy is basically meaningless - other than the value. When you buy something, both you and your friend gain experience and coins. It doesn't make sense I know, just flow with it smile

What's your username by the way? I'd like to add you smile
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 11, 2010, 03:15:36 AM »

Quote from: rittchard on April 10, 2010, 10:49:27 PM

Quote from: Teggy on April 10, 2010, 10:11:23 PM

Definitely yes but i don't know the formula.  What I do know is i tend to lose strawberries the most.

Someone somewhere said the spoilage time is equal to the growing time.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 11, 2010, 03:17:17 AM »

WHERE'S THE PRIMA STRATEGY GUIDE!!!!1111!?  crybaby

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 11, 2010, 04:31:28 AM »

My name is teggygah.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 11, 2010, 04:32:13 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on April 11, 2010, 04:31:28 AM

My name is teggygah.

I sent you your dress.

Because I can,
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 11, 2010, 04:47:00 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 11, 2010, 04:32:13 AM

Quote from: Teggy on April 11, 2010, 04:31:28 AM

My name is teggygah.

I sent you your dress.

The ball was FABULOUS.

crumsteel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 11, 2010, 06:26:37 AM »

I have been getting quite a few friend request from people I don't know. So for now I am only adding people that have posted in this thread so I know who you are, not that it really makes any difference.

buy, sell, build. my new addiction that is pointless.
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 11, 2010, 09:45:01 AM »

Same here, but I just accepted/added them anyway because the only place I've ever posted my Plus+ id is here, so the only way they would've gotten it is by reading this thread. I guess in my thinking anyone reading GT is welcome to buy some dresses, gladiators and a magic show from me.

I just don't know what they plan to do with them.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 09:48:23 AM by ravenvii » Logged
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 12, 2010, 05:33:47 PM »

So I downloaded TitanWars so I could get my free 5 mojo or whatnot. Now how do I make it stop reminding me to download it every freaking time I run We Rule?

And if you are curious, TitanWars appears to be one of those "games" where it tells you to click a button to go on a quest, then tells you what happened on the quest. There does appear to be a battle aspect to it, but I haven't bothered to look.

I'm curious how ngmoco is doing. Most of their games seem to just get you to download their other free games. There are ads, but I've never clicked on one.

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 13, 2010, 09:34:12 PM »

Does anyone have Alleyn on their list? I think he is one of the Gamers with Jobs people. His castle is always open for business, but when I go in, nothing is open and there's something that been constantly under construction. He's the only one that happens with.

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 13, 2010, 09:49:49 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on April 12, 2010, 05:33:47 PM

So I downloaded TitanWars so I could get my free 5 mojo or whatnot. Now how do I make it stop reminding me to download it every freaking time I run We Rule?

I don't even care about the mojo but I submitted to the TitanWars pressure to make the popup go away (it didn't).  They've moved on to hawking MyTown now, though.  I really wish they'd make the "try our game and get mojo!" thing an every once and a while thing instead of a constant badgering.

Quote from: Teggy on April 13, 2010, 09:34:12 PM

Does anyone have Alleyn on their list? I think he is one of the Gamers with Jobs people. His castle is always open for business, but when I go in, nothing is open and there's something that been constantly under construction. He's the only one that happens with.

He's probably overdosing on orders in other people's kingdoms like I had done before.  At least, that'd explain the broken open sign.  Haven't heard of the eternal construction project before.

In other news, if anyone like me had been wondering why there's no 8 hour crop to (obsessively) grow while you sleep, it looks like oats at level 21 are the answer. 

Oh, and I think ngmoco made a big mistake in not letting you manage your We Rule friends list separately from your Plus+ list.  As people tire of the game and drop out, deleting them as Plus+ friends is the only way to take their castle out of the lineup, which is contrary to the viral Plus+ network expansion they're trying to accomplish here.

Though I guess with 50.2 bazillion We Rule downloads thus far they're probably not hurting too much in that department.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 13, 2010, 10:40:52 PM »

That's what I was trying to figure out before (the getting rid of the castle bit).  I'm pretty sure I'm about done with this.  The performance on my 3g is getting worse as mine and everyone else's down levels up, and I feel like most of my time playing is actually spent staring at loading screens or waiting for lag to clear up as I try and harvest or scroll around.  Sorry I'm about to leave an abandoned town on everyone's screen.  frown

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 14, 2010, 01:13:17 AM »

At around 6pm eastern I loaded it up and it said "getting new mojo" with a progress bar. Took a while, but it got to 100% and I was able to use the app. However, about 20 minutes later when I got home and tried again, got the same loading bar, but haven't been able to get past a few % since.

Are they able to update the app on the fly? Wondering if everyone is trying to get the update and that is straining the servers. If it's something else, I don't know, but I do know I have some dead strawberries right now.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 14, 2010, 03:43:47 AM »

right now I cannot get in at all.

Because I can,
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 14, 2010, 03:56:50 AM »

Me neither. Yay!
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 14, 2010, 04:12:02 AM »

I got in finally and it was like crazy acid land!  Weird buildings flashing everwhere, houses with nothing bit dirt, little people flying around!

It wasn't very useful.

kathode

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 14, 2010, 05:32:01 AM »

The connection issues and in particular the constant locked businesses have all but chewed away the last little bits of my enthusiasm for crop growing.  I lost a few bunches of crops yesterday just from inattention and today I couldn't get in.  I'm probably about to put it down.  Espgaluda II is about to become my new obsession anyway, it seems. 
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 14, 2010, 11:26:14 AM »

Seems like it's up and running again.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 14, 2010, 12:41:50 PM »

I can place/fill orders, plant and collect money, but my graphics are totally screwed. I can't actually see my crops, just the bubble letting me know I can plant or harvest something. Same for most of my businesses. I can't see any trees, and the only thing I see for cottages is the dirt under/surrounding them. My windmill is flashing like crazy and jumping across the screen. The one really weird thing is that I see a few fountains flashing about, and I've never purchased a fountain.

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 14, 2010, 01:40:56 PM »

I had that last night and it fixed itself, but if it persists for you you can delete the app, redownload and reinstall to fix things.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 14, 2010, 02:48:34 PM »

I've started setting my iPhone's timer to let me know when to harvest crops.

Because I can,
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 14, 2010, 05:10:53 PM »

Well, although I can't move/place stuff, I can still collect taxes and accept orders. But I'm unable to harvest and my pumpkins are going to die. Darn you to heck ngmoco!

Guess I'll have to try and reinstall tonight.

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 16, 2010, 02:28:17 PM »

Oh goodie!  They've found a way to make the popup ad at the start even more intrusive!
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 16, 2010, 02:38:44 PM »

Really? I haven't booted this in a few days.  Maybe I'll take a look and see what I'm missing.  slywink

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 16, 2010, 02:51:13 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on April 16, 2010, 02:28:17 PM

Oh goodie!  They've found a way to make the popup ad at the start even more intrusive!

yeah.  I think I'm almost done with this, the whole carrot on a stick method doesn't work with me and with this game there's really not even that.

Because I can,
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: April 16, 2010, 02:53:42 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on April 16, 2010, 02:28:17 PM

yeah, i noticed that too.  Starting to get bored....
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 16, 2010, 03:03:48 PM »

I kind of want to reach level 25 while keeping my kingdom nice and neat. After level 25 there isn't anything less to buy. Really, anything good is gone after level 20. I have to get to level 25 just to buy a banner?

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 16, 2010, 03:28:00 PM »

Yeah, I've got my citadel, dragon lairs, and a steady income with nothing to save up for (aside from building ridiculous things for the heck of it.)  I'll keep on chugging until I unlock the last few crops and items so I can 'win' the game, and then I'll probably be done.

Still, I definitely got my $0 worth out of this. smile
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 16, 2010, 07:47:43 PM »

Your kingdom is so crowded it makes my 3GS stutter a bit.

They need to add a PvP siege mode now. Might be fun to see a dragon light up that little drunk woman in the pink dress.

crumsteel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 18, 2010, 04:16:44 AM »

I just switched from my wives iphone 3GS on vacation to my iTouch first gen and the speed is dog slow. don't think I can play this anymore, will try a bit, but it is slow without the s processor.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 18, 2010, 01:41:32 PM »

I think my id is Plainsrunner.

wonderpug, you have an invite coming.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 18, 2010, 06:26:16 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on April 16, 2010, 07:47:43 PM

Your kingdom is so crowded it makes my 3GS stutter a bit.

They need to add a PvP siege mode now. Might be fun to see a dragon light up that little drunk woman in the pink dress.

ugh, if they did that I'd sell off my kingdom.  I remember playing Mafia Wars on Facebook, getting to the level where there was 'PvP' and logging in everyday to find players that were a lot higher level than me hitting my businesses and bank accounts. there was no way to delete the account, so I ended up selling off everything that could be attacked, banking all the money and buying enough businesses that could not be attacked with just enough upkeep required to make my income 0 just so the account wouldn't be someone free lunch money.

there's nothing like giving the general public a way to screw with others that only requires the push of a button.

Because I can,
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 18, 2010, 06:59:08 PM »

It was a joke.  I guess I need to learn to be more absurd.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 18, 2010, 07:06:42 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on April 18, 2010, 06:59:08 PM

It was a joke.  I guess I need to learn to be more absurd.

maybe you need to try some props.  it worked for Carrot Top.

Because I can,
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 20, 2010, 09:35:38 PM »

Stay on the edge of your seats no longer, I bring you the new and improved croponomics chart:

Yes.  Thrilling.

Particularly "exciting" is the new pink column, which shows how many minutes you can let each batch of ripe crops sit unharvested before you might as well have just planted the next slower crop instead to make the same amount of money.

So while corn and wheat look extremely profitable, that's only the case if you harvest each planting within 30 seconds of ripeness--pretty hard to do once you have a larger number of farms to tend and with the frequent connectivity delays.  Even rice loses its edge over peas if you harvest after 21 minutes instead of every 15.

Also "interesting" is the relationship between 3 hour pumpkins and 4 hour lettuce.  Even if you take 4 hours to harvest your pumpkins--lettuce duration--you'll still make exactly as much money as if you had gone with lettuce.

One can only imagine the wonders that tomatoes and radishes will bring.  Will tomatoes be another pure upgrade crop as cotton was for beans?  Will radishes perhaps break the 24 hour barrier...even perhaps be a 2-day crop?!

Simply riveting.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: