http://gamingtrend.com
September 03, 2014, 02:12:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Impressions] Ninja Gaiden 2  (Read 6926 times)
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 20, 2008, 04:44:22 AM »

Quote from: disarm on July 20, 2008, 03:51:22 AM

Quote from: Ridah on July 19, 2008, 09:49:23 PM

One thing I'm enjoying is the variety in level design, ever chapter feels very fresh.

that's definitely been one of the highlights of the game for me so far as well...constantly seeing new environments and running to new enemies.  i didn't think the first few chapters were anything too special, but the level design really kicked up a notch as soon as i hit the airship.  i haven't gotten much farther than that due to lack of play time lately, but it was the first chapter that i thought was a real standout compared to the original NG or DMC4...very cool icon_cool

Which chapter is that?

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2008, 05:03:27 AM »

Quote from: Ridah on July 20, 2008, 04:44:22 AM

Quote from: disarm on July 20, 2008, 03:51:22 AM

Quote from: Ridah on July 19, 2008, 09:49:23 PM

One thing I'm enjoying is the variety in level design, ever chapter feels very fresh.

that's definitely been one of the highlights of the game for me so far as well...constantly seeing new environments and running to new enemies.  i didn't think the first few chapters were anything too special, but the level design really kicked up a notch as soon as i hit the airship.  i haven't gotten much farther than that due to lack of play time lately, but it was the first chapter that i thought was a real standout compared to the original NG or DMC4...very cool icon_cool

Which chapter is that?

Chapter 7: The Flying Fortress Daedalus

great change of scenery and some very cool new enemies for you to face...and a couple awesome cutscenes.  up to that point, i didn't feel like NG2 had quite the same over-the-top badass attitude as NG:B, but for me they really kicked it up a notch when i got there.  i just hope they keep it going...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2008, 11:32:31 PM »

Good lord, I don't know if I can force myself through any more of these boss battles. I'm at the end of chapter 6 fighting the werewolf boss and its a disgusting mess of chaotic attacking/blocking/jumping and getting nailed by cheap unblockable attacks which take 1/3 of my life bar at a time. There is seemingly no rhyme or reason to this combat system and the camera is as big of an enemy as any of the bosses or fiends. Often times I'll lose half my life bar while the camera doesn't even show who is hitting me, and sometimes it doesn't show them OR me. I don't mind a tough boss fight if there is an effective strategy to winning, but having to keep attempting the battle until I get lucky is pathetic.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 11:34:34 PM by Ridah » Logged

Sean Lama
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2008, 12:00:52 AM »

Ugh, I think I'm going on 35 tries now, I lost count. I want my $65 back  icon_neutral

Finally got past chapter 6 boss, got through chapter 7 just now as well. Not sure I want to put myself in a position to be frustrated any further though, I might just trade in the game and move on.

End of chapter 9 boss, another shitty boss battle. I get the damn worm down to 1/3 of it's life and it does some kind of attack that drains me all the way and kills me. Urg...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 05:37:13 AM by Ridah » Logged

Sean Lama
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2008, 11:07:48 PM »

Did any of you experience any system freezes during this game? In chapter 12 after I defeat the two fire armadillo bosses a cutscene plays and my system freezes at the same spot every time. On the NG2 forums they suggested clearing the HDD cache and that didn't work, I'm not sure if it's my system or the game itself. Sucks that I may not get to finish the game when I'm so close.

Sean Lama
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2008, 02:11:17 AM »

Quote from: Ridah on July 27, 2008, 11:07:48 PM

Did any of you experience any system freezes during this game? In chapter 12 after I defeat the two fire armadillo bosses a cutscene plays and my system freezes at the same spot every time. On the NG2 forums they suggested clearing the HDD cache and that didn't work, I'm not sure if it's my system or the game itself. Sucks that I may not get to finish the game when I'm so close.

It's the game's patch.

What you need to do is clear the game's cache, then decline to update the next time you start the game.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2008, 02:59:43 AM »

Quote from: KePoW on July 28, 2008, 02:11:17 AM

Quote from: Ridah on July 27, 2008, 11:07:48 PM

It's the game's patch.

What you need to do is clear the game's cache, then decline to update the next time you start the game.

that's nice to know, but really sucks that an update screws up the game.  i guess i'll decline that update next time i play...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2013, 07:10:13 PM »

Resurrecting a very dead thread - well no one said I'm not often late to the party.  slywink  I finally picked this up the other day for  $10 and I'm really enjoying it. I made it through to chapter 2 on warrior and haven't found it too difficult. I agree with others who've said this is far easier on that difficulty than NG Black was. My only criticism so far is I wish there was more story as it's pretty minimal to the point. It's been so long since I played NG Black, but I seem to remember a much better story than this.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: