http://gamingtrend.com
October 31, 2014, 10:30:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Impressions] Bullet Witch  (Read 7571 times)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: February 26, 2007, 11:59:54 PM »

icon_eek

This game sets a new bar for terrible.  This game may be the new Kabuki Warriors. 

On the plus side, the normal mapping and look of most of the graphics is bizzare and pretty good...

On the negative side:
- no lock on controls for the guns
- AI is essentially 'run towards you shooting' - no tactics to speak of
- EXTREMELY linear game, you are funneled into each area by green fog that you cannot penetrate without finding the floating brain to shoot to open them.  This includes simple areas like stairs that you should be able to climb, but invisible barriers block you from moving in that direction.  It is some of the worst I've seen.  You can get on top of things (full physics effects) but trying to jump over a 2 foot wall is completely imposslble.
- Framerate can't stay at 30 for any length of time.  Running around empty streets the framerate crawls
- Monster closets - enemies like to backfill behind you, even though you know there is no way for them to reach you from the dead end alley behind you. 
- The game is so simple that you have two 'spare' buttons on the controller that are unused. 
- How about these achievements: Complete Stage 1, Complete Stage 2, Complete Stage 3, Complete Stage 4, Complete Stage 5, Complete Stage 6, Easy mode cleared, normal mode cleared, hard mode cleared, chaos mode cleared, hell mode cleared, play for 15 hours (ha!), all stages cleared, and full power up completed.  Inspiring, that.

I'll keep going but wow...this isn't a great start.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 12:09:36 AM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on February 26, 2007, 11:59:54 PM

- How about these achievements: Complete Stage 1, Complete Stage 2, Complete Stage 3, Complete Stage 4, Complete Stage 5, Complete Stage 6, Easy mode cleared, normal mode cleared, hard mode cleared, chaos mode cleared, hell mode cleared, play for 15 hours (ha!), all stages cleared, and full power up completed.  Inspiring, that.

Sounds like this achievement should be named "Wishful Thinking"...
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 12:13:51 AM »

Damn, oh well. I was kinda looking forward to this title.  Thanks for the heads-up Ron  thumbsup

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 12:16:10 AM »

Alot of what you described I could plainly tell from the videos I watched.  Did not look good at all to me.  And to be honest the title itself made little sense.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 12:34:54 AM »

wow, are you trying to rip out Starshifters heart, stomp on it, grind it into some glass shards, take a dump on it, stick it up Paris Hiltons vagina, let Kevin Federline lick it and then stuff it down his throat after sewing up the wound with week old umbilical cords?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 12:37:21 AM »

Poor Shifty...truth hurts!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 01:09:23 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 27, 2007, 12:34:54 AM

wow, are you trying to rip out Starshifters heart, stomp on it, grind it into some glass shards, take a dump on it, stick it up Paris Hiltons vagina, let Kevin Federline lick it and then stuff it down his throat after sewing up the wound with week old umbilical cords?

Dude.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2007, 01:54:49 AM »

CK gets a tempban.   eek
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2007, 01:55:16 AM »

CK sort of marches to the beat of his own drum...

I'm not exactly sure what the drum is playing, but I am thinking it's leaning toward the bizarre side of normal.

Conservative......................Norm......................X....Bizarre

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2007, 02:35:42 AM »

Quote from: Brendan on February 27, 2007, 12:09:36 AM

It's Superman all over again! RUN!

And thanks for biting the bullet on this one, Ron.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 02:39:02 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on February 27, 2007, 02:35:42 AM

It's Superman all over again! RUN!

And thanks for biting the bullet on this one, Ron.

This is going to be a painful review process.    http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/931220.asp?q=bullet

Play magazine gave it an 8.5, further enforcing how useless they are. 

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2007, 02:58:15 AM »

This brings up an interesting question.

I tend to think of a game having a nice, long list of intriguing achievements as a bonus... but is it fair to knock a game for having lackluster achievement awards? I'm not so sure it is.

I guess it doesn't matter as long as the game is good. But if the game sucks, then it's one more sucky thing we can make fun of.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2007, 03:16:31 AM »

Quote from: Lockdown on February 27, 2007, 01:55:16 AM

CK sort of marches to the beat of his own drum...

I'm not exactly sure what the drum is playing, but I am thinking it's leaning toward the bizarre side of normal.

It's the beat of a drummer being pushed down 30 flights of stairs with his drumset falling right behind him.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2007, 09:21:28 AM »

thanks for saving me money knightshade...i am not gonna fall for it like i did superman

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2007, 12:28:47 PM »

A regular in my store imported the Asian version. He said it wasn't good, and he tends to be a pretty good judge in my book.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2007, 01:31:02 PM »

ban = KD!   icon_wink

Well, well, well.  Looks like GT is going to have an Advent Rising all over again.  What a shame.  Because like with Advent Rising, you guys will miss out on a fun game.  I love the premise and story behind the game.  Post apocalyptic world being overrun by demons and a gorgeous chick with a badass gun/broomstick and magic powers!  Hell yeah!  I'm so in.

Every video I watched of this game looked fantastic and fun.  Do actual gameplay video's lie?  The ONLY thing KD mentioned that bums me out a bit is the framerate.  But, like I said each video I watched the framerate seemed just fine.  Linearity in a game NEVER bothers me at all.  Hold my hand and lead me on friend, as long as I'm having fun I don't care.  Having no gun lock is a non issue for me.  And simple?  Oh boy.  No game is EVER simple for me.  nod  Again, I'm all about having fun.  If I like the theme/premise, the character and it feels cool playing it then it's a good game to me.  KD did say he is early in the game so I'll cut him some slack right now.   slywink  But, I think a comment like this:

This game sets a new bar for terrible.  This game may be the new Kabuki Warriors.

especially after being early in the game is enough to scare many people away.  A little bit harsh I think.

I can't wait to pick this one up tomorrow!  I will post my initial impressions to compare with KD's.  Although, I know most of you will take it with a grain of salt since I'm psyched about this one.   icon_biggrin

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2007, 01:35:41 PM »

Nah.  We'll just flat ignore your comments. 

It's all good, Shifty.

icon_wink

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2007, 03:12:48 PM »

There is an audience for everything - a guy at work LOVED the game Jaws.  I believe he was the ONLY person to do so. 

I'll dig further into this game and see if it improves....

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2007, 03:17:54 PM »

icon_eek

wow, the achievement whores will love that  Tongue

Because I can,
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2007, 03:26:01 PM »

Quote from: rrmorton on February 27, 2007, 02:58:15 AM

I tend to think of a game having a nice, long list of intriguing achievements as a bonus... but is it fair to knock a game for having lackluster achievement awards? I'm not so sure it is.

I think not in and of itself.  But lackluster achievements can be an indication of general shoddy development and lack of polish.

I tend to trust impressions here over "professional" reviews.  But considering that I hadn't heard of this game before today, I'm certainly not going to be the early adopter.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2007, 03:38:44 PM »

Call me crazy, but is there a consensus that getting achivement points for beating a level is badicon_confused See, I think you SHOULD get points for beating the levels. Ya don't have to give me 100, but whats wrong with 10 or 15? Some of us don't stand a chance at getting all 1000, especially if the game is as asstastic as this one appears to be, but if I can get 300 out of a decently well played single player game, I am content.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2007, 03:49:45 PM »

Quote from: jblank on February 27, 2007, 03:38:44 PM

Call me crazy, but is there a consensus that getting achivement points for beating a level is badicon_confused See, I think you SHOULD get points for beating the levels. Ya don't have to give me 100, but whats wrong with 10 or 15? Some of us don't stand a chance at getting all 1000, especially if the game is as asstastic as this one appears to be, but if I can get 300 out of a decently well played single player game, I am content.

No way, you need a good selection of achievements across all types of gameplay.  The few easy ones for getting out of the tutorial or the first kill or whatever, the standard ones for making progress, and the crazy ones for the hardcore. 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2007, 03:56:26 PM »

With the new 'rewards' deal MS is doing it wouldn't surprise me that they start requiring more 'creative' achievements.

Because I can,
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2007, 05:01:42 PM »

Quote from: kathode on February 27, 2007, 03:49:45 PM

Quote from: jblank on February 27, 2007, 03:38:44 PM

No way, you need a good selection of achievements across all types of gameplay.  The few easy ones for getting out of the tutorial or the first kill or whatever, the standard ones for making progress, and the crazy ones for the hardcore. 

Then we actually agree it seems. I never lobbied for ALL of them to be laid out in a row, for beating the levels, I just think SOME reward, is appropriate, for beating levels.

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2007, 07:06:05 PM »

*crys*

This is getting worse as I go along.  Now you can add severe pop-in to the list of offenses.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2007, 07:26:08 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on February 27, 2007, 07:06:05 PM

*crys*

This is getting worse as I go along.  Now you can add severe pop-in to the list of offenses.

As in graphical pop in?
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2007, 08:28:15 PM »

Quote from: ATB on February 27, 2007, 07:26:08 PM

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on February 27, 2007, 07:06:05 PM

*crys*

As in graphical pop in?

As in, nothing in front of you for 40 feet...oh hell Mr. Tree! 

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2007, 09:05:45 PM »

Quote from: jblank on February 27, 2007, 05:01:42 PM

Then we actually agree it seems. I never lobbied for ALL of them to be laid out in a row, for beating the levels, I just think SOME reward, is appropriate, for beating levels.

Right, I meant "no way" and is "no way is that the consensus" smile

MS actually gives developers a very good "Best Practices" doc for achievements, and yet we still get stuff like NFS: Carbon where completing the entire single player game nets you all of 50 achievement points.
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2007, 03:24:29 PM »

Starshifter's Bullet Witch Take

I think people tend to lose sight of what is "fun" in a videogame nowadays.  And that is understandable.  Look at what is being offered to us with today's machines and their capabilities.  It's amazing isn't it?  Never would I have dreamed, while playing my Atari as a kid, of the worlds I could experience now.  This is why I choose games to play based on the appeal of the theme/premise, the character, the story and the potential for memorable moments (the one's where you are sitting at work and just thinking about the fun you had last night).  You know, you can't wait to get home to continue playing?  This is how I judge a game.

I firmly believe that if you cannot care for a main character or don't like the premise then you won't enjoy the game no matter what.  Case in point:  Gears of War.  Blockbuster game.  Everyone is playing it and having a blast.  Technical masterpiece.  From the videos I saw it looks amazingly fun.  I never bought it.  Why?  I don't like the premise/theme and I don't see myself caring about the main characters of the game.  There is no draw for me.  No emotional attachment.  Does that make it bad?  Nope.  I just don't care to experience that particular world/vision.

Bullet Witch has appeal.  Ever since it was announced I was intrigued by the premise of the game.  It hooked me right from the first scene of the game where three demented demons were taunting some innocent people on a suburban street and the camera focuses in on these high heel shoes and pans up to reveal Alicia, the Bullet Witch.  Great chill-inducing moment!  Kicking their ass shortly thereafter was absolutely satisfying in every way.  It is moments like this that suck me into a game.  And I know pretty quick if a game has its hooks in me.  I'm emotionally involved right from the start.  Do I expect a story like KOTOR?  Absolutely not.  Will it be fun and memorable?  Yes.

I am well into Stage 2 of the game and I've already experienced several memorable moments.  The floating brains are really cool and the sickly sound they make is disturbing to say the least.  And I love helping out injured citizens.  Alicia can sacrifice some of her health to heal injured people.  It's a great feeling.  And I am very intrigued about Alicia's background.  She is very mysterious about it as is evidenced in one cut scene with the police after she helped them squash some demons.  She wouldn't talk much as the main police guy questioned her.  She just stated her name and said "I have things to do".  I love that kind of hook!  I really do hope I find out more about what she is and why she is there by games end.  It's worth repeating:  these are the things in games that make them fun for me and make me want to continue playing.

Another interesting thing with this game is the atmosphere.  As I'm walking around the initial suburban area and later the city it really has a post-apocolyptic feel to it, sort of like how I felt when I played Fallout.  You see the scattered remaining humans wandering aimlessly and terrified.  One cool moment in the beginning had me walking down a street and at the corner several humans screamed and came running around the corner.  They were being tormented by the demons.  I ran past the fleeing humans to confront the demons.  I slaughtered them all!  It was an heroic moment.  Another memorable moment involved a floating brain, which have incredible mind powers and can lift heavy objects to use as shields, lifted a gasoline tank truck for shield protection.  As it lifted if I fired at it with my gunrod.  The resulting explosion in midair was stunning and bright!

Now, for you "technical" people out there.  The graphics are wonderful.  The floating brains in particular look incredibly real texture wise.  The spellcasting is phenomenal and I found it very easy to do.  Hit either bumper and then hit the button of the spell you want.  Very easy.  The effects are very well done and the explosions are top notch.  Everything in the environment seems to be destructible and the physics are great.  I love it when demons run behind a car to take cover from my gunrod.  Idiots.  Firing at the car and watching the car explode and demon bodies flying everywhere is just too much fun.  The music is very good as well and it comes on at the right time.  It really sets the mood.  Alicia's voice is top notch.  I checked the manual and some woman by the name of Sarah, if I remember correctly, does the voice.  Great job.  I wonder if she looks like Alicia?  Her voice is hot!  nod  The only issue I have here is the sound of the gunrod firing could be louder.

Now I'm perplexed at some of KD's comments.  Well into Stage 2 I have not had one instance of frame rate stutter!  It has been perfectly smooth since the beginning scene.  And I have had several battles with 5-10 demons, a floating brain and swirling cars/trucks, all happening at the same time.  I have seen clipping issues.  In the beginning part of the city you go down some alleys and Alicia can walk right through some crates and barrels. No big deal.  And yes there is "pop in" in the distance.  Again, never bothers me.  Oblivion had the same thing.  It didn't bother me there also.

I don't really see the "no tactics AI" or the "run towards you and shoot AI".  I have seen demons run behind objects to take cover.  And they do stand out in the open and shoot at you as well.  And they also charge you.  I've also seen them circle around to get me from behind.  All is fine.  They are demons afterall and have no fear of death.  It's certainly challenging to me.  I've died on several occasions.  I think if this game had a lock on control for the gunrod it would be too easy.  I've had no difficulties whatsoever with aiming and hitting enemies.  I think it makes it more challenging and fun.

The "green barriers" that block your progress is a non issue for me.  It's a part of the game design.  You have to defeat the floating brains to remove the green barriers.  I guess some won't like this but to me its an absolute non issue.  It is afterall a far fetched videogame and not something realistic like GRAW or Rainbow Six.  I don't expect realism in a game like this.  I mean I'm fighting oversized brains and demons!  Can't get further form reality than this.  icon_lol

Linear?  Yes.  An issue?  No.  Like I said earlier.  Hold my hand and take me along for a fun ride.  That's all I want.  I'm not finding the game that simple either.  I am playing on hard difficulty because I want that achievement.  I died on several occasions.  One particular battle on a bridge was tough and caused a few expletives to come out of my mouth.  I'm not sure how the normal or easy difficulties would be.  And as far as length goes?  I don't know.  I hear people saying it's very short in the less than 10 hours range.  This is never an issue for me.  Give me a 2 hour game and it would take me a month to play.  It's a combination of the fact that I don't play only one game to conclusion non stop and I tend to really take my time and enjoy a game.  I even walk the character rather than run when I think the character would be walking.  Call me crazy.   

I will conclude by reiterating my opening statement.  If you don't like the premise/story of this game (or any game for that matter) and you are the type to nitpick the technical aspects of a game you more than likely will not enjoy it.  Otherwise, if you can sit back on your couch and enjoy the theme and story, admire Alicia's beauty and her kickass gunrod and slay demons you will have a great time.

This game is far from a broken mess.

icon_biggrin
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 03:47:27 PM by Starshifter » Logged

XM Channel 76
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2007, 03:41:26 PM »

Well, you seem to be the only one saying that, because the reviews consensus seem to be that it is a broken mess. Right now, it's game rankiings average is 57%. I appreciate your take on the game, but I think what Ron is saying (and the other reviewers) is more in line with how the game really is, and for that, I thank them for saving me 60 bucks.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 03:44:05 PM by jblank » Logged

Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2007, 03:59:55 PM »

Quote from: jblank on March 01, 2007, 03:41:26 PM

Well, you seem to be the only one saying that, because the reviews consensus seem to be that it is a broken mess. Right now, it's game rankiings average is 57%. I appreciate your take on the game, but I think what Ron is saying (and the other reviewers) is more in line with how the game really is, and for that, I thank them for saving me 60 bucks.

It's not even close to a broken mess.  That is what perplexes me.  I played for a couple hours last night and had no problems!  It was pure fun.  I would love to sit down side by side with some of these reviewers and play the game at the same time.  I would love to see what they see and their comments at any particular moment and compare it to what I see and think.  That is the only way you can truly know.

I'll tell you what.  When I'm done with the game I will loan it to you so you can play it without the worry of losing any money.  I am that convinced that this game is no mess.  The only thing I ask for in return is a truly honest opinion/reaction to the game (and to return it when you're done).  Ok?  icon_wink

XM Channel 76
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2007, 04:22:16 PM »

Well, thats fine, I respect your opinion, but how can Ron, IGN, et al. be so wrong then? If one person says "THIS IS SHIT!!!!" then I take that as a grain of salt, but when so many people say that, I don't know buddy, it's hard to believe all of them are wrong.

Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2007, 04:26:26 PM »

Different strokes for different folks? 

Remember "E.T." - supposedly the worst game EVAR!!!!11 - I thoroughly enjoyed it as a kid.  It wasn't until I ran up against the collective wisdom of the internet (ha!) that I realized I wasn't actually having fun all those many years ago.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2007, 04:27:07 PM »

Dude if Marcus Fenix was Marlene Fenix you'd totally buy Gears of War.  You're just reverse sexist.  thumbsdown
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2007, 04:29:14 PM »

I agree with the 'Different Strokes' comment by Laner.

I mean, hell...  Devil loves Barbie's Island Adventure when the critics in general slammed it.

Who knew?

LD

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2007, 04:38:33 PM »

Quote from: Laner on March 01, 2007, 04:26:26 PM

Remember "E.T." - supposedly the worst game EVAR!!!!11 - I thoroughly enjoyed it as a kid.  It wasn't until I ran up against the collective wisdom of the internet (ha!) that I realized I wasn't actually having fun all those many years ago.

I see what you're saying, but look at this from a different example. Imagine a movie where 99 out of 100 critics give a move * out of ****, would you guys be willing to go see a movie, based on the 1 positive review? Thats all I was saying.  nod icon_wink

Zimix

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2007, 04:42:47 PM »

It wasn't until I ran up against the collective wisdom of the internet (ha!) that I realized I wasn't actually having fun all those many years ago.

This is the #1 reason why I do not read the forums of MMORPG's that I play.  Every time I read the forums I think, hey my character is gimped, etc.. I should play a different one. 
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2007, 04:44:31 PM »

I don't know why I bother.  It doesn't matter if you post a detailed honest review.  The big boys say it's bad so I guess it's bad.  Why should any of us post our impressions here then?  It would be nice to see someone here actually say "You know it may not be that bad maybe I'll give it a try at some point".  Don't we all trust each other here for our reviews?

Jblank - I never said Ron or anyone else was wrong.  I said I was "perplexed".  Laner is right about the "different strokes for different folks" thing.  That was what I was trying to get across in my take on the game.  But, I certainly have not seen any of the problems/issues that Ron was seeing.  Some of the issues were subjective, but the framerate thing I never saw.  I was checking out the forums on Xbox.com and a lot of people there seem to be enjoying it and are equally perplexed at the low ratings.

Oh well.  I can't wait to get back to it tonight.   nod

And Lockdown, all I can say is:   icon_lol  Lockdown & Devil, the Abbott & Costello of our time!!!

XM Channel 76
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2007, 04:44:41 PM »

Quote from: jblank on March 01, 2007, 04:38:33 PM

I see what you're saying, but look at this from a different example. Imagine a movie where 99 out of 100 critics give a move * out of ****, would you guys be willing to go see a movie, based on the 1 positive review? Thats all I was saying.  nod icon_wink

Depends on the subject matter.  Ghost Rider currently has a 23% score on RT but I've heard enough "fun but not great" comments from people who have seen it that I'll definitely be renting it when it comes out (and if it weren't for the little one would likely even make it to the theater). 

Or, hell, Underworld Evolution has a 13% RT rating but I actually own it because I rather enjoyed it. 
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2007, 04:46:14 PM »

Quote from: jblank on March 01, 2007, 04:22:16 PM

Well, thats fine, I respect your opinion, but how can Ron, IGN, et al. be so wrong then? If one person says "THIS IS SHIT!!!!" then I take that as a grain of salt, but when so many people say that, I don't know buddy, it's hard to believe all of them are wrong.

Are you Borg???   icon_razz  icon_wink

XM Channel 76
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: