http://gamingtrend.com
September 20, 2014, 04:24:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (Hellgate: London) Who's in?  (Read 34202 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 09, 2007, 05:07:25 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on November 09, 2007, 04:49:34 PM

I've tried the non-official 193.04 (I think) drivers, and I've tried the latest official drivers - both CTD me after about an hour and change of playing as the game crashes right into the upper memory limit imposed by a poorly designed game and Vista's shitty management of memory. Or it was just some other CTD bug/error/crash whatever this game has. After beating CoD4 in one playthrough without ANY problems, HL really is starting to annoy me.

And can't you just summon your Carnagor via your item and then change guns? If so, that would be a nice way to increase your fighting force without killing your DPS. biggrin

all of my CTD's have been 'nVidia driver has stopped responding and restarted' ones, so I was hoping a newer driver would fix that.  I think I'll give turning DX10 off a shot.

yeah, I can change weapons and keep the Carnagor summoned, but the Wasp Hive take up too much space to warrant 2 of them, and my other weapons quickslots are filled with other guns so I have a variety of damage types available to me.  I just hope I didn't lose the flamethrower I found last night before the game crashed.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #281 on: November 09, 2007, 07:02:53 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 09, 2007, 05:07:25 PM

all of my CTD's have been 'nVidia driver has stopped responding and restarted' ones, so I was hoping a newer driver would fix that.  I think I'll give turning DX10 off a shot.

There's absolutely NO reason to play HL in DX10 mode that I can see. You get crappier frame rates (easily half of the DX9 client, when it works for me) and major graphic issues (the 'smoke' in Hell outright vanishes and causes major transparency issues with the Hell Gate itself). And this is with my 8800GTX card and fully updated everything else.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 09, 2007, 07:25:12 PM »

Hellgate's setting some new record for "most player petitions" shortly after release. The latest (mentioned at Blue's) says to do away with the subscription model altogether  saywhat (somehow, I don't think Flagship's going to listen)
http://www.petitiononline.com/hglsubs/petition.html

Most MMO's charge $14.99 a month or more though so I don't know how good a basis for comparison that is. They'd be better off drawing a comparison with Dungeon Runners (whose optional fee is $4.99 monthly I think).

I think it makes more sense to give them some time to stabilize the game, servers and billing situations -- and maybe jazz up the chat window -- before drowning them in a sea of petitions they probably have no time or plans to view, just imho.

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (it's out!; post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #283 on: November 09, 2007, 11:39:47 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on November 09, 2007, 07:25:12 PM

Most MMO's charge $14.99 a month or more though so I don't know how good a basis for comparison that is. They'd be better off drawing a comparison with Dungeon Runners (whose optional fee is $4.99 monthly I think).

Agreed. $10 a month is absurd. They should've stuck with Dungeon Runner's optional fee instead.

The worst part? It's even MORE expensive in Europe (by like 40% or so according to complaints), even though the dollar is far weaker than it used to be.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 10, 2007, 01:15:56 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on November 09, 2007, 07:02:53 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on November 09, 2007, 05:07:25 PM

There's absolutely NO reason to play HL in DX10 mode that I can see. You get crappier frame rates (easily half of the DX9 client, when it works for me) and major graphic issues (the 'smoke' in Hell outright vanishes and causes major transparency issues with the Hell Gate itself). And this is with my 8800GTX card and fully updated everything else.

well that sucks.  I might end up shelving the game for awhile to wait and see if they gets things patched up, especially with all the new stuff coming out in the next weeks.

Because I can,
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: November 10, 2007, 05:35:05 AM »

Man, it's as if no one recognizes that Flagship's using almost the exact same billing model that the Phantasy Star Online games and Phantasy Star Universe used.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 10, 2007, 12:02:53 PM »

I was feeling good about my new Laser (it's more like a Tesla lightning thing you can "toggle" onto a target till it fries icon_twisted):

But the Goliaths (the game needs more enemies this intimidating imho smile) were not impressed and stomped my face into the ground:

My first attempt went badly, I think cause I was so used to steamrollering everything in sight. I actually had to use some strategy with these guys.  icon_cool

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 10, 2007, 01:52:49 PM »

Oh man, yeah, those guys were my first big wake-up call. That general area was, in fact. icon_biggrin

Hotfreak

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 10, 2007, 04:08:57 PM »

yeah, there are some HUGE mobs from that point on.  Even huger now in Nightmare.

On that note, quick suggestions:

Do all the quests in Normal mode and level as high as you can -- even if it means some grinding.  By the time you hit Covent Garden (2nd station) in Nightmare, all the mobs are pretty much level 35 and will waste you in a second if you're -5 levels like I am.  Also, it seems that you get more XP killing mobs your exact own level; and the leveling really started to slow down at 30 for me.

This one is on the house...and this one is better than ever...
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #289 on: November 10, 2007, 04:46:00 PM »

And one quick point - if you're a ranged class and are fighting a giant monster, just keep moving backwards while holding down the trigger. The best part about shooting at something that big? You can't miss. biggrin

Makes the 'beam' type weapons useless though against them, IMHO, as you have to keep recharging it.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 10, 2007, 06:56:14 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on November 10, 2007, 04:46:00 PM

And one quick point - if you're a ranged class and are fighting a giant monster, just keep moving backwards while holding down the trigger.
Actually that's how I fight everything in the game.  icon_lol I just didn't realize initially how hardy those Goliaths are. I'm going to try to post a couple links to little FRAPS gameplay videos I took. I'll have those up shortly. smile

Blackjack's Hellgate Videos icon_cool
Click here to watch Hellgate-by-Flagship-Studios---Goliath
This is somewhat distorted (my size doesn't quite match what Putfile.com hosts it as). I learned to backoff from these things and use cover a little bit.

Click here to watch Hellgate co-op w/ LeChuck
Brief footage of co-op with a Summoner named LeChuck. He was fun to play with. We just got really frustrated with the bug that separates your group when entering the door to the next zone (I could see his pets but he disappeared, he couldn't see me at all  icon_confused)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 07:10:16 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 10, 2007, 07:38:25 PM »

I finally made it to Act 2 last night and got a Legendary from the act 1 boss!  of course I can't use it  disgust  It was funny though, you should have hear the expletives that came out of my mouth when they teleported me away for that small scene before I could loot the drops- luckily they put me back there otherwise I might have quit then and there.

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 12, 2007, 03:02:10 AM »

I was lukewarm about Marksman in the demo, but I'm working on one now (Blackjach) and quite enjoying it, esp. mastering the Super Bouncey Ball grenades and the "air strikes" (though it's a bit silly hearing a radio voice comm for an airstrike inside a ... room?  saywhat).

And battling this guy with a relatively low level Marksman was a real adventure. I don't want the whole game to be this tough (afterall, half the fun of Diablo games is splurching hordes of low level vermin), but I'd like challenging enemies like this to show up at least a little more often. A carrot at the end of some zones perhaps.  icon_cool

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 14, 2007, 06:21:59 PM »

I've been trying a few different Marksman things. I really don't like the first available hand grenades (the one that bounches around like a Super Bouncing Rubber Ball from a gumball machine), but the Phase grenades (which stick in place on hard surfaces) I'm finding far more useful and plan to gradually put some more points in.

I love the Sniper mode's damage and ACC buffs, and the scope view, and definitely need to boost that up (you don't technically have to use a Sniper Rifle with it but I am for the most part). And I love Napalm, I just seem to keep mistargeting with it.

As with most games like this I've lost track of what my "real" character stats are, and what they are boosted by equipment. So, I haven't put enough points into strength, and now I've got two or three solid armor pieces I can't wear for a couple levels because of Str requirements.  disgust

I experienced a couple wild treasure rooms and secret passages yesterday where the grenades/Napalm combo really saved my bacon (due to sudden spawns of many nasty things  icon_surprised).

I still lack anything remotely impressive, damage wise. I've got some Arc rocket thing that I've gotten to about 120 damage but it's mostly physical and doesn't seem very effective so far.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 15, 2007, 09:59:37 PM »

Something sort of positive (German site, but the interview is English):

Interview with Hellgate music composers Sascha Dikiciyan & Cris Velasco
http://www.hellgatelondon.de/szene/musik/sascha_cris_zwei.php

I just don't recall much music in the game.  icon_confused It's mostly silent, aside from my screaming in certain situations.  Tongue

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #295 on: November 15, 2007, 10:47:40 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on November 15, 2007, 09:59:37 PM

Something sort of positive (German site, but the interview is English):

Interview with Hellgate music composers Sascha Dikiciyan & Cris Velasco
http://www.hellgatelondon.de/szene/musik/sascha_cris_zwei.php

I just don't recall much music in the game.  icon_confused It's mostly silent, aside from my screaming in certain situations.  Tongue

I hear it loud and clear - it gets all climactic when you reach a boss, but it is pretty subdued otherwise.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
depward

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 17, 2007, 07:31:26 PM »

After playing for two hours and then getting a network error, logging in and seeing that none of that two hours registered, I'm done with the game.  Crap like this in games REALLY pisses me off.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 17, 2007, 11:52:22 PM »

I hear ya icon_twisted - I am venting similarly about being stuck on Mind Mysteries in the bug thread. It's just, I do like the game -- I wouldn't have spend 5-6-7 hours trying to complete one screwed up quest if I didn't. The game just won't *let* me enjoy it.  icon_neutral

At official site, details on the .5 patch they're putting on test and hope to get to players this week:
http://www.hellgatelondon.com/underground/new-update-coming
It's not that long, thought I'd paste here:
Curious about what you can expect? Here's a draft of our 0.5 patch notes:

General:
    * All players now have 24 character slots.
    * Fixed a known issue with the inventory user interface that caused the client to lock up.
    * Fixed a bug which caused the Mini-game to sometimes become stuck.
    * The Mini-game now resets every 15 minutes.
    * Added a /help command to provide assistance using available / commands.
    * Some new posters have been added to stations, so check them out!

Connection Issues:
    * Fixed known issues which sometimes caused players to be disconnected and receive an erroneous network error message.
    * Fixed an issue where some home routers would disconnect a user due to an inactive connection.
    * Fixed known bugs which sometimes disconnected players during multiplayer quests.
    * Fixed problems with NetLimiter 1.30 and some older versions of Norton Antivirus and McAfee Antivirus which would make the user entirely unable to connect to the game.

Chat
    Made several chat interface improvements and the text entry more intuitive:
    * Chat window is now open by default in multiplayer.
    * Fixed chat window closing when traveling between zones.
    * Fixed several cases where the chat window would obstruct other UI components.
    * Chat context (such as Party and Guild) is now more clearly defined in the text entry window, including a color-coded border.
    * Chat window is now more transparent.
    * Added /g command. This is equivalent to /gchat command (guild chat).
    * Whisper text now shows up on all chat tabs.
    * Whisper messages and admin announcements auto-open the chat panel.
    * Auto-switch to the appropriate tab (such as Party and Guild) if you type text to that channel and are not in a tab that shows the text.
    * PageUp/PageDown cycle through chat tabs when text entry is active.
    * Chat panel now auto-opens if you type text and press Enter while the panel is closed.
    * Chat text entry deactivates after entering text.
    * Chat panel no longer closes if you press Enter on a blank line.

Additional miscellaneous bug fixes.
    * Items: Fixed known bugs that caused players to sometimes lose items.
    * Fixed a bug with the Nanoforge that caused it to inaccurately modify the stats of higher-quality items.
    * Fixed a bug that sometimes caused Unique items to drop without special properties.

Quests
    * Fixed various known issues which prevented players from being able to continue interrupted side-quests.
    * Quest items should no longer remain in the player inventory after the associated quest has been completed. Players with old quest items (such as Train Parts) associated with quests they’ve already completed or no longer have should find these items removed upon logging in.
    * Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented players from receiving credit for killing the “5 Lies” in The Hellgate quest. Players should now be able to properly advance in this quest.

Engineers:
    * Fixed known bugs which prevented Engineer Drones from saving properly.
    * Fixed a bug which caused Engineers to receive an erroneous “unable to meet requirements” message when entering a new instance with a Drone that has a weapon equipped.

PVP:
    * Fixed an incorrect modifier causing Special Effect Attack Strengths in PvP situations to be much higher than intended.

World Movement:
    * Fixed known issues which occasionally prevented characters from being able to load or switch instances.
    * Fixed several issues with players getting stuck in the world. [This worries me, this happens almost *everywhere* in the game at some point - there's a serious flaw with the engine itself, imho-bj]
    * Fixed a bug related to St. Paul's Nightmare mode progression.
    * Portals to party members should now automatically close if the associated party member leaves the game.

World Events: The Guy Fawkes event has ended. Characters that have completed the NAME Quest that did not receive the Trinket reward should find this item in their inventory.
This is quite promising, but I really think they should've not waited for an MMO style "mega patch" that fixes 50 things. Many of these things are quest-breaking, game-breaking, "tick the player off so they never play the game again" type bugs -- I would have hotfixed them suckers ASAP and apologized to players to the high heavens. Give them a bunch of moolah for their misery. Something. If they really want people to consider subscribing to this, they should be making things right as quickly as humanly possible.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 12:02:23 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #298 on: November 18, 2007, 12:54:28 AM »

Engineers:
    * Fixed known bugs which prevented Engineer Drones from saving properly.
    * Fixed a bug which caused Engineers to receive an erroneous “unable to meet requirements” message when entering a new instance with a Drone that has a weapon equipped.

They've only 'fixed' Engineers a half dozen times now (between beta and launch). I wonder if it's actually fixed now?

* All players now have 24 character slots.

There goes a Subscriber perk.

I'm currently experiencing the stuck mini-game, and IMHO, 15 minutes is NOT enough to finish some combinations of mini-games. The damage ones are easy (at least once you get mods). The 'get 15 X drops' aren't, as they're entirely based on the RNG.

Question: Is there some sort of petition function in the game if your character does get bugged (like Blackjack is currently experiencing)?

Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 18, 2007, 01:21:27 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on November 18, 2007, 12:54:28 AM

I'm currently experiencing the stuck mini-game, and IMHO, 15 minutes is NOT enough to finish some combinations of mini-games. The damage ones are easy (at least once you get mods). The 'get 15 X drops' aren't, as they're entirely based on the RNG.

Ditto. Typically I complete the mini-game once every 30-40 minutes.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: November 18, 2007, 04:16:39 AM »

The test server was up briefly tonight -- there were some Announcements made in the chat window about it:

Basically they copied over every character from last night's progress point so you could try them on test. Apparently it was a lagtastic disaster in some ways, but some players said drops and some other problematic things seem to finally be working properly, fwiw (from chatter I heard in general chat channel).

Most importantly I finally completed the Mind Mysteries BLEEP BLEEPER!!!!!!! BLEEPING!!!!!!!! eek finger And as you can see above I pathetically pleaded for help and got zero. I have to be more self reliant.  Tongue

This time I just stayed in the last room of the stupid mind caves, and just took every bit of bullying the swarms of beasties and the Ghosties could dish out. No way was I going to get stuck in the ground again. And I finally broke through and completed it.  icon_cool
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 04:18:38 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #301 on: November 18, 2007, 04:45:50 AM »

Frankly, I'm already beta testing their game. Why should I go onto their 'test' server and test what should've already been in the game at launch?

Blackjack - nice to see you got your issues fixed.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 18, 2007, 07:16:04 AM »

Now that I think about it, their calling the upcoming patch "version 0.5" pretty much says it all as far as what state the game is at this point  Roll Eyes -- it's about half way to what it should've been at launch.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
unbreakable
« Reply #303 on: November 18, 2007, 03:41:16 PM »

It's probably smart to graduate your application to 1.0 on release.  Even if it's just for show.
Hotfreak

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 18, 2007, 08:35:20 PM »

I logged in on my 34 Blademaster last night and found I could no longer equip my favorite sword.  It's will requirement had climbed past my capacity.  WTF?!

Nightmare is very roughly balanced.  There is a jump in mob levels at a certain point past Covent Garden that basically REQUIRES that you grind to at lest level 35.  You get less XP from killing mobs above or below your level.  Mobs +7 of your level will take about 10% of your actual damage which makes it impossible to kill a group at that level difference. 

So, I've shelved my BM for now--I made some poor skill decisions as well--and am leveling an engineer through Elite Normal.  Elite normal is great!  Very challenging.  Many more mobs and each has quite a bit more health than non-elite.  I'm almost entirely decked out in legendaries at level 20.  One annoyance (which might actually be a good thing) is that, if you die, you only have the choice to respawn in your last hub.  This of course means you might have to fight your way back through multiple zones if you allow yourself to kick the bucket.  Mobs respawn very quickly in elite and pretty much always when you zone out and back in.

This one is on the house...and this one is better than ever...
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 19, 2007, 01:35:38 PM »

When I first encountered this scene, I didn't see the gun, and I thought there was some radioactive peeing going on.  saywhat

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 19, 2007, 03:24:00 PM »

any word on when '1/2' will arrive?  I haven't touched the game in over a week, and I'm tempted to wait for it to come out.

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 19, 2007, 05:46:55 PM »

I'm guessing it depends on how it's working on test server - not that they've really tested anything before launching it, up to this point.  Roll Eyes
If all goes well, the 0.5 update will be made available to everyone next week.
is what the official site's note last week said about the .5 patch, fwiw. So sometime this week if things go well.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #308 on: November 20, 2007, 01:04:43 AM »

Quote from: Blackjack on November 19, 2007, 05:46:55 PM

I'm guessing it depends on how it's working on test server - not that they've really tested anything before launching it, up to this point.  Roll Eyes

Very nice. And very true.  icon_lol crybaby

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 20, 2007, 01:56:54 PM »

Happy Blackjack forgot to notice in the .5 patch "pre-notes notes":
We wanted to offer a quick note on the Invisible Party Members bug. We have good news and future good news. The good news is that we have identified why this is happening and have a couple of solutions for the problem. Unfortunately we made our discovery too late to include any fixes in this patch, so the future good news is that we’ll be addressing this issue in our next patch.
Oh boy, at least something to look forward to in patch .6!  disgust

Personally, I think they should just write the bug into the story...

"Satan's Watch, those horrible bugger demons, used their mystical powers of Hoohah to render the Living invisible to each other. The Living endeavored to bring the power of Visibility back to the fold, even though invisibility was much fun at parties and during shower times..."  nod
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 01:58:45 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 20, 2007, 02:03:00 PM »

Doh. Looks like the patch .5 will probably go live today:
Please be aware... Patch implementation is expected to cause server outages between 9:00am PST and 11:00am PST on November 20.
Their language at the official site is vague though. Maybe it's just going back on test? I can't tell.  icon_confused

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 20, 2007, 03:26:58 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on November 20, 2007, 01:56:54 PM

Happy Blackjack forgot to notice in the .5 patch "pre-notes notes":
We wanted to offer a quick note on the Invisible Party Members bug. We have good news and future good news. The good news is that we have identified why this is happening and have a couple of solutions for the problem. Unfortunately we made our discovery too late to include any fixes in this patch, so the future good news is that we’ll be addressing this issue in our next patch.
Oh boy, at least something to look forward to in patch .6!  disgust

Personally, I think they should just write the bug into the story...

"Satan's Watch, those horrible bugger demons, used their mystical powers of Hoohah to render the Living invisible to each other. The Living endeavored to bring the power of Visibility back to the fold, even though invisibility was much fun at parties and during shower times..."  nod

see, it's not a bug it's a feature!

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 20, 2007, 11:37:40 PM »

Anybody know if the patch went live today? We've got so many Hellgate threads going, I don't know where to look.  icon_confused

I describe the threads as:

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 21, 2007, 12:41:07 AM »

My game patched today, yes.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 21, 2007, 05:00:27 AM »

Oh, I was able to un-do my weapon slots bug by just taking all the weapons out and putting them back in.  icon_confused

Most of what the patch does is behind the scenes, so I wish I could report on how awesome it is, but a lot of it I just am not in a position to say whether the fixes are working or not. I can say the chat window seems just a bit less clumsy; the chat tabs work more smoothly than I remember, and the chat window is more transparent.

Using the /help command now, well, directs you to more slash commands, broken down by topic, like so:

And on a happy note, I got onto a fairly large team for while. Co-op seemed more reliable. As long as we just portaled to each other, there were no inviso problems. While the patch wasn't supposed to fix that, I didn't encounter it tonight, fwiw.

Some team glimpses:

I wish I could say having lots of players made it more strategic, but it's still basically people running at everything with their mouse button always pressed down.  icon_neutral

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #315 on: November 21, 2007, 12:35:46 PM »

I popped in really quick to see the new patch.  Looks like they fixed the Nano machine, so I was able to upgrade some objects a lil bit.  I also like that the chat interface pops open when a whisper is sent.  It still sucks, but now it sucks less.  smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 21, 2007, 02:29:59 PM »

They still need to assign something like Backspace key as a quick-reply key (afik you still have to type a /r to reply?). Oh well, at least now they're halfway to a polished game, right? I hope at least patch .75 is due soon.  icon_wink

This Fullyloaded fella I keep teaming with is nice, but I can't figure out how to connect to his Ventrilo server. I seem to have all the info except maybe the name of his sub-channel.  icon_confused

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
ROTC1983

Is it really that Kampfy?

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 22, 2007, 02:05:48 AM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on November 21, 2007, 12:35:46 PM

I popped in really quick to see the new patch.  Looks like they fixed the Nano machine, so I was able to upgrade some objects a lil bit.  I also like that the chat interface pops open when a whisper is sent.  It still sucks, but now it sucks less.  smile

Yeah, I noticed that.  Good thing they are fixing the game quickly. 

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 23, 2007, 01:02:18 AM »

OK I think I am truly stuck in the Temple Station area. I don't think it's a bug, I'm just missing something.  icon_confused It seems like all my quests point me to Connor Street. But other players tell me I have to go through... well shucks I'll add the name later, but here's a pic. The one red (unlocked) entry tube is the one I supposedly have to get through, to eventually reach Connor Street...

I don't see a Connor Street on the 'M' key map -- the players tell me it becomes 'discovered' once you fight through the zone that I can't reach. Which leaves me seriously befuddled.  crybaby

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 23, 2007, 05:35:04 AM »

Never mind, figured all that stuff out. Doh.

But hey, I really dig the Eastcheap zone later on (Blackjach's to 21 now). Why aren't more of the environments so intricate and eye-pleasing? And interesting to fight in, with stairs, nooks, crannies, lots of variety, relatively speaking. This is the kind of stuff I was hoping for from the Diablo II boys and girls -- not generic brown square rooms and corridors, outdoor canyons that all feel like the same map (randomizing or not), and ruined London streets that feel mostly all the same. I spent a lot of time dyin' on this map but I quite enjoyed it.

It's really the only non-Hellish environment that has wowed me to this point.  icon_cool Maybe I'm overreacting to the map, but I honestly almost felt like I'd walked into a different game. I mean that in a good, hopeful way. smile
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 05:36:47 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: