http://gamingtrend.com
September 17, 2014, 11:48:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Gladius] - Thanks Dafones!  (Read 880 times)
Lockdown
Gaming Trend Senior Member

LD

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2005, 11:45:13 AM »

Just a shout out to Dafones for starting the thread on games you regret selling back or getting rid of.

As mentioned in that thread, the game for me was GLADIUS for Xbox.  With Civ IV on the near horizon, I was really wanting something to play until it arrived.  So on Saturday, my brother and I cruised over to the local Gamestop and I found a used (though it looks new) copy of Gladius with manual for $17.99.  Score!

Now granted, you have to be "into" this type of game to enjoy it, but damn if this isn't a fantastic game!  I am totally back into it.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 01:33:06 PM »

Yes indeed. Gladius is such a phenominal game that I started a thread reminiscing about it and hoping for a sequel (though it quickly turned into betrayal and lies about KOTOR (Right, Starshifter slywink?)  Maybe someday  a sequel to this fine fine TBS game it will happen...

However, what is that screenshot (character shot) from? I don't remember him being in it.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 01:57:06 PM »

ATB - Taken from the main website under concept art.  There are lots of cool pictures that I could have posted from the concept art, I just chose this one cause it was kind of different.

This is another of my favorites:

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 02:49:04 PM »

Cool. I'm glad you picked the game up, and found it for a good price too. I've got to follow suit and pick up Sands of Time at some point before it gets too hard to find.

You  make me want to try out Gladius, by the way.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005, 03:30:56 PM »

Darn it Lockdown! :x

First Rage, then mytocles and now you.  Changing your avatars!  I miss the Kate one that reminds me of the cover art for Planescape Torment!  Everybody is changing!

Maybe I need a change...

/thread derailment over.

Gladius was fantastic.  Played it forever, but never finished it.  Taithleach rules!

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2005, 03:33:32 PM »

Wasn't there a problem with the game when you get to the fire-based arena? I played it for a while (got to the 2nd or 3rd map unlock) but had to give the game back.

It's very FF Tactics meets minigame extravaganza. biggrin

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2005, 03:52:30 PM »

Quote from: "Lockdown"

Yeah, because the mask will save her in combat. :roll: I love fantasy-based armor on women. Reveal every part of her body, but give her a mask and she's nigh-invincible. biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2005, 09:24:34 PM »

I know!  Isn't that the best!!!!

Small face shield for teh win!!11!!

LD  :wink:

LD

olaf

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2005, 10:21:04 PM »

Loved this game.  Its a shame there is nothing else like it.  A 'western' (non-japanese) fantasy themed SRPG.

olaf
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2005, 10:31:29 PM »

The upcoming Lord of The Rings : Tactics and the GBA version of LoTR : The Third Age are some other western-developed SRPGs.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: