http://gamingtrend.com
November 25, 2014, 10:36:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Exclusive Preview] Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II  (Read 531 times)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: March 10, 2014, 08:47:16 PM »

Hey all - I got Van Helsing II's closed beta early. I put together a 20 minute video showing the game in action instead of posting up the usual video from the publisher, but the game actually plays as good as it looks.  Something to be excited for next month!

http://www.gamingtrend.com/2014/03/10/return-borgovia-hands-van-helsing-ii/

Hope you all enjoy it.  smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 09:01:24 PM »

please tell me you can make the damage numbers smaller, they block everythign slywink
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 11:39:47 PM »

Looks fantastic!  As an ARPG lover this is definitely a great time to be gaming. 

On a side note anyone hear anything from the Torchlight guys lately?  Been a while since TL2 came out... 
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 12:12:03 AM »

Cool, the first Incredible Adventure of Van Helsing was much more fun that I expected it to be.  Nice to see that they have several classes in this one.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 01:19:15 AM »

I love Grim Dawn so far but at Crate's glacial progress pace (they don't expect to finish up Act 3 until the end of 2014 and no ETA on co-op though they did hire a key Titan Quest multiplayer programmer a while back), Van Helsing III will probably release before Grim Dawn does.  icon_razz

Although I obviously loved Van Helsing for a while and posted a lot about it here back last June, after playing Grim Dawn and Marvel Heroes, Van Helsing no longer measured up for me. Same ARPG genre and all, I just couldn't get back into VH's play style when I revisited it, even after buying some of the DLC. Also found its co-op very clumsily implemented - I hope the sequel cleans that up a bit.

My other axe to grind is they messed up the idea of difficulty levels. Instead of finishing at a difficulty level, and then starting at the next with the equipment you had to that point (as an example); you'd instead then start at normal with NOTHING, ZIP, NADA. Which didn't make sense, esp. given that you didn't start getting good stuff at the next difficulty level at the beginning. So I lost interest after completing the campaign once.

Runic (Torchlight 1/2) is supposed to be doing an MMO iteration (http://forums.runicgames.com/viewforum.php?f=7&sid=6380be78ca750ee35e1366791119bdc9) and I'm curious if that's still in play. Haven't heard anything about it in forever. Other than the forum, Runic's site doesn't even mention an MMO.

On VH2, I was definitely always lauding the tower-defense mini-game, so 7 levels of that sounds pretty awesome to me.  icon_smile
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 01:32:05 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 02:56:02 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on March 10, 2014, 09:01:24 PM

please tell me you can make the damage numbers smaller, they block everythign slywink

Let's find out!   I'll get back to you.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 02:58:09 AM »

Release date pushed back to May 22

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 06:22:07 PM »

You can pre-order to get beta access, essentially like a Kickstarter type of thing.  I went with the $50 pack to show support and get all future DLC.  Haven't had time to check it out yet but based on the preview sounds like a no-brainer.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 06:59:35 PM »

you should totally get me that too so we can coop  ninja

It's dangerous to go alone, here, take me!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: