http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 01:41:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [E3 2012] Watch Dogs  (Read 13998 times)
Caine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #440 on: May 31, 2014, 04:35:19 AM »

Had another invader today.  happened within two minutes after I hacked and uncovered (and was myself uncovered) by a blume hacker and got a bounty.  I had run down to a privacy intruder terminal when I got the message.  This guy had the worst luck because as soon as I went up and started scanning, I ran right into him.  pulled out the AK and was putting some lead into his legs when he was kicked for attacking me.  ha. 

I did a mission to hack someone important in a ctOS building and almost pulled off a kill-less run but a guard was too close and heard me knock out his buddy.  I got a clean escape though and took out the only cop to chase me with a barrier.  I then got free of the search radius.  Love that.

I wonder if this might be one of the first open world games where you can beat it without killing any one.  probably not, but it would make for an interesting attempt. 

YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 31, 2014, 11:35:55 AM »

I gave up on being stealthy. I'm a cold-blooded psycho killer. "Oh, you just got divorced? Well my, my, this just isn't your week! HEAD SHOT BAM BAM!"  icon_twisted
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #442 on: May 31, 2014, 12:01:45 PM »

Those NPC backstories are nothing but mild amusement to my own psychopathic antics. Oh, you grew up in poverty, did you? Guess you're used to it then. *hacks bank account*
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 31, 2014, 04:43:19 PM »

Can people post their uplay usernames so I can add it to my friends list. I started messing with the iPad app last night..
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #444 on: May 31, 2014, 05:24:29 PM »

If you do the mobile invasion thing, please be a gentleman and don't leave as soon as the player starts winning the race. 

I have probably done a dozen of those races and only a couple of them had the mobile person actually stay through the whole race.  It seems once I reach about the halfway point and I'm ahead of the cops (and I'm assuming they are out of action points or something)...oops, disconnected.   icon_evil  finger

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 31, 2014, 05:26:47 PM »

Quote from: Punisher on May 31, 2014, 04:43:19 PM

Can people post their uplay usernames so I can add it to my friends list. I started messing with the iPad app last night..

you can add people by their xbox or psn account names too, just select that field.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 31, 2014, 05:28:44 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on May 31, 2014, 05:24:29 PM

If you do the mobile invasion thing, please be a gentleman and don't leave as soon as the player starts winning the race. 

I have probably done a dozen of those races and only a couple of them had the mobile person actually stay through the whole race.  It seems once I reach about the halfway point and I'm ahead of the cops (and I'm assuming they are out of action points or something)...oops, disconnected.   icon_evil  finger

Though people will always be dicks about it, most of those people probably just got booted from uplay.  I've had it happen multiple times while on mobile.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #447 on: May 31, 2014, 05:31:34 PM »

Quote from: Punisher on May 31, 2014, 04:43:19 PM

Added my UPlay account name to the Gaming Trend Ultimate Friends List.

YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 31, 2014, 06:52:37 PM »

Man, this game just continues to grow on me. I think the biggest mistake they made in the design was opening up the whole world to you from the start. I think it would've been much better if they had eased you into the different side quest types via the story. I think this would have made you more attached to your character, and given you less distractions in the early part of the game.

I'm finding that as I'm reducing my side quest play and mixing in more main storyline missions, the game is becoming more fun.

I completed my first online hack today and it was very intense. It was night and after I hacked the guy, I ran over to some tunnels that were hidden in the shadows. At around 90% completion, he dropped down about 10 feet from me and I thought I was dead. I just froze and he ran right past me.

The other part of the game I'm really enjoying is the puzzle like aspect of some of the side quests. It helps when the optional content makes you use your brain a bit. Black Flag was particularly bad about making the side stuff just a grocery list of check-in points. I definitely feel "less bored" with Watch Dogs' side content.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 06:58:16 PM by YellowKing » Logged
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 31, 2014, 07:05:30 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on May 31, 2014, 06:52:37 PM

Man, this game just continues to grow on me. I think the biggest mistake they made in the design was opening up the whole world to you from the start. I think it would've been much better if they had eased you into the different side quest types via the story. I think this would have made you more attached to your character, and given you less distractions in the early part of the game.

I disagree on this.  Saints Row 3 did that and while I like the game in general, I didn't like that the story drug you through all the side stuff.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: May 31, 2014, 07:55:31 PM »

no worries there.. I've already had few races that other people won and I don;t know how I could have beat them... They started the first few checkpoint near multiple things I could hack, then checkpoints 5-9 had literally no hackables along the route. tried to get them with my sharpshooter and a couple of cars, but no luck.. frown
Rip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #451 on: June 01, 2014, 07:25:04 AM »

QR mission are kinda fun. Nice mention in an audio file about halving to talk to "the Daves"

Lots of stuff when you watch and listen is hilarious.

One of the Privacy missions earlier today had me watching a guy whack it off. Here I am via the computer camera watching some forty year old dude stroke it. Not many games give you that.   icon_lol
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 01, 2014, 08:04:54 AM »

Quote from: Rip on June 01, 2014, 07:25:04 AM

QR mission are kinda fun. Nice mention in an audio file about halving to talk to "the Daves"

Lots of stuff when you watch and listen is hilarious.

One of the Privacy missions earlier today had me watching a guy whack it off. Here I am via the computer camera watching some forty year old dude stroke it. Not many games give you that.   icon_lol

Don't even try to pretend that you didn't enjoy it ! I mean , who wouldn't?

This game just gets better the more I play all joking aside, or not.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #453 on: June 01, 2014, 04:38:15 PM »

I'm really starting to take advantage of the fact that the game doesn't pause in the options menu if someone is in your game. Hit Options (on PS4) once in a while, and you'll quickly see if someone is preparing to invade you. Catch them early enough, and you can set up a trap. I've had a good assortment of hackers walk right into a trap before they could even start their hacking process, having to make a hasty retreat while I'm peppering them with bullets or grenades. Most of them get away because players can take a surprising amount of punishment and aiming is hard, but some don't.

The game also seems to send someone against you, either on a hacking or tailing mission, right after you've invaded someone else's game. For that reason I tend to be extra careful once I return from an invasion, trying to avoid open areas while sticking to alleys and other places where I can control the entrances.

I had one guy bail from his hacking attempt before setting it up once he realized I was heavily entrenched in the graveyard. There was no way for him to get to me without getting profiled, and I guess he realized that.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 01, 2014, 05:33:53 PM »

that's cheating, wish they would prevent those types of things from being a problem.  too late now though, like seeing through the shell game when you pause.

regarding the counter hack, you get a revenge hack option quite often after someone invades you.  You can also find a 'recently hacked' option on some people.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #455 on: June 01, 2014, 05:57:32 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on June 01, 2014, 05:33:53 PM

that's cheating

Not at all. It's another layer of tactics once you get further up in the tiers. Anyone who's paying attention will notice that I'm standing still and that I'm in a fortified position. Knowing that, they can turn the tables on me because that gives them ample time and opportunity to perfect their own hack. In fact, another player did do just that with me an hour ago, though I did win in the end. I took up position, but he somehow managed to get to me anyway, and since I was standing still, the only thing he had to worry about during his setup phase was the timer. Normally you'd have to avoid both the other player and the edge of the maximum distance you can get away from him. Both of those tend to force players into triggering their hack earlier than they're comfortable with.

The only players who'll be caught by my traps are those who are unaware that you can learn of an invader's presence before they announce themselves. That is a mistake they won't make twice.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #456 on: June 01, 2014, 08:12:56 PM »

I've recorded two videos of the game using the PS4 share functionality. The first one shows the hacking attempt I mentioned in the above post, with me having taking up a defensive position, and the hacker turning the tables on me. For anyone wondering what multiplayer hacking looks like, this shows off the victim's side of the equation.

The other video is just a graphical showcase for the PS4 version, recorded during a combination of circumstances that show off the game at its best.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 01, 2014, 09:33:32 PM »

I'm glad I didn't listen to all naysayers on this one. Starts off weak but then gets better every time  sit down w it. Not perfect, but a great set up for a franchise. If there wasn't so much hype about this game, which Ubisoft is clearly to blame for, I think this would have gotten more 8.5-9.5 range scores.
RuperT
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 02, 2014, 03:34:29 AM »

Quote from: Punisher on May 31, 2014, 07:55:31 PM

I have probably done a dozen of those races and only a couple of them had the mobile person actually stay through the whole race.  It seems once I reach about the halfway point and I'm ahead of the cops (and I'm assuming they are out of action points or something)...oops, disconnected.   icon_evil  finger
no worries there.. I've already had few races that other people won and I don;t know how I could have beat them... They started the first few checkpoint near multiple things I could hack, then checkpoints 5-9 had literally no hackables along the route. tried to get them with my sharpshooter and a couple of cars, but no luck.. frown
Given that the mobile player gets 500 Xp if he wins and 300 Xp if he loses (and progress towards "Kill a Player 50 times" type rewards), I haven't figured out any good reason to quit early (although on principle I never quit games when I'm losing, even BF4).  I have had all kinds of connection problems, though.

Edit: Not to mention it'll often take you several minutes to find another "Quick Match".
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 03:36:42 AM by RuperT » Logged

Live: MooseFoe
PSN: Rupyrt
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #459 on: June 03, 2014, 09:10:26 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on June 01, 2014, 05:33:53 PM

that's cheating, wish they would prevent those types of things from being a problem.  too late now though, like seeing through the shell game when you pause.

I've discovered another thing about this particular subject now. If you're hacking another player and find him in an entrenched position or suspect that he may be onto you, you can abandon the hacking attempt without suffering any penalty. However, if the target manages to scan you, you'll receive a penalty to notoriety if you abandon the hack. Part of becoming a successful hacker is to evaluate your targets before you even engage them, and then disengage if the situation looks problematic.

The game's multiplayer is clearly built around the concept that a target can get warned of an impending hack before it's properly set up. While someone is in your game, you can't pause, and any attempt to start a mission of any kind results in a message saying "unavailable". I had that happen yesterday, when I was playing the cup game in a park. Once I was done playing, I immediately got the "unavailable" message upon leaving that game. Thanks to that bit of warning, I was able to dive into the nearest cover and scope out the situation, a mere second or two before the incoming hacker was able to spot me. I opened fire on him and forced him to retreat, while I ended up having to deal with people calling the cops on me.

You'll notice that there are almost no dead ends in Watch Dog's city. Almost everywhere you turn, there will be different ways to approach a position. Even if you take up cover, a clever player will (and honestly should, if he knows what he's doing) flank you and/or approach from cover in order to not give away his own position. The warning you get from not being able to pause or access missions will only give you a few seconds to prepare yourself if you're lucky. If you're unlucky, it's already too late.

Some of my most exciting hacking attempts have happened when the target has become aware of my presence almost immediately. That's when the game turns into a true test of skill. A decent player is likely to jump into a fast escape vehicle and speed away as quickly as he can, forcing you to set up your hack in a disadvantageous position or attempt to follow him. If you do the latter, he can easily spot and scan you. Tails are especially interesting this way, and this is where pretending to be an NPC is at its most handy. I've had to slowly drive right past my aware targets several times while hoping that my driving wouldn't stand out, and it always gets my pulse racing because I know he knows that I'm somewhere nearby.

Got the trophies for 10 successful hacks and tails now. smile

The sneakiest SOB I've encountered so far set up his hack on a bridge. I drove there in my car, got out, and searched for him. Checked the top of the bridge first without finding him, then went underneath and still couldn't find him. Turned out the guy was waiting for me to get out of my car, at which point he hid inside it. It's the last place I would have imagined looking, but not any more. I've learned my lesson. Tongue

Speaking of hiding in cars, I recall someone mentioning that it was an almost unfair way to do hacks. Let me assure you, it's not. Not by a long shot. The easiest hackers to take out are the ones who are dumb enough to hide in a car. That's the first place people will look, and when you're discovered, the target has plenty of time to fire his weapon while you desperately try to engage the car's engine to escape. Only once has a hacker managed to win against me by using that tactic (except for the above-mentioned guy who hid in my own car), and that worked only because I managed to stupidly not see the car in the first place.

Another tip: Sometimes a target will use security cameras in order to try and locate you. When this happens, he will be looking down at his cell phone while a line will be drawn between that and the camera he's using. Make sure you use this knowledge to stay out of line of sight of both the target and the camera.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 09:19:10 AM by TiLT » Logged
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 03, 2014, 11:42:41 AM »

don't get me wrong, I agree that there are ways to find someone in your game before they start hacking, and I think it should be this way.  I'm just saying that the method of pausing every few minutes to check is obviously a bit of a cheaty way to do it.  (it would also make for a very irritating twitch stream to watch)

I prefer to just pay attention to my surrounding to see people moving oddly combined with not being able to activate missions and the like when they occur.  The pause method really seems to be against the spirit of the game imo.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #461 on: June 03, 2014, 12:04:02 PM »

Nah, even the developers themselves have been sharing similar tricks. Their favorite is to use Focus occasionally. It won't work if there's a player nearby. This is all very much intended behavior.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 03, 2014, 12:53:07 PM »

I have had various games come up as unavailable after playing them quite a few times, but no hacking attempt was ever made.  I suspect it has something to do with game processing and is not a clue of some sort.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #463 on: June 03, 2014, 01:03:49 PM »

There may be other reasons why some missions/games come up as unavailable (that trail game is never available for me, for example), but they are always unavailable when another player is in your game, no exceptions. At the very least, you should get nervous when this happens. If in doubt, try to pause or pull off a Focus. You'll probably be too late to stop the worst from happening anyway, but there's a chance you could make life harder for the hacker.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #464 on: June 03, 2014, 02:49:53 PM »

I was right on top of a hacker yesterday who hid in a pretty clever spot.  It was night and rain was falling, so I couldn't spot him.  Ran all around and had to check the tunnels underneath just in case.  He had taken up a cover position next to a short wall with some bushes covering him.  The profiler never picked up on him and I didn't think to look there despite being within 20 feet or so.

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #465 on: June 03, 2014, 02:59:20 PM »

Yeah, you have to be wary of cover. It protects you extremely well from being profiled. Make sure you look on every side of any available cover in the area, and move fast and unpredictably. The reason for the latter is because of my previously described method of keeping a multi-sided piece of cover between hacker and target, a tactic I've seen others talk about later. You have to be quick and determined to catch anyone pulling off that trick.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 03, 2014, 03:06:42 PM »

Jam comms and black out don't work during these missions?

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #467 on: June 03, 2014, 03:36:00 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on June 03, 2014, 03:06:42 PM

Jam comms and black out don't work during these missions?

During online hacking? They both work. Blackout does what you'd expect, hiding the hacker better, while Jam Comms halts the hacker's progress for 10 seconds, giving the target a little more time to find him.

Blackout has the additional advantage of unnerving the target, which can be surprisingly effective.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #468 on: June 03, 2014, 05:28:41 PM »

I have to say, the cop chase mechanics (actually, any chases, not just cop chases) in this game are infuriatingly poorly designed. Escaping from the cops is 90% luck and 10% skill. Missions where you're supposed to evade them are mostly about retrying the mission until you get a lucky break. The game keeps spawning police cars ahead of you, the police helicopter is extremely hard to throw off (and the Disable Helicopter skill is absolutely fucking useless), and for every police car you disable, it feels like the cops send two more. Getting away from them requires almost nothing but luck and a straight piece of road. Forget about trying to be clever by parking somewhere and hiding in your car, because the cops are going to be perfectly circling the area you're in, and sooner or later one of them is going to come driving right up to you. Not that you can escape by sitting still anyway.

Once you do manage to be lucky enough to evade them, the ctos scans are just as random and punishing. They appear at random, overlap, and move around at such speeds and in such a chaotic manner that trying to be clever in avoiding them is an exercise in futility. This part of the game would have been okay if the scans were stationary and thus possible to avoid by being a bit clever, but nooo. Get ready to burn Jam Comms, and hope that you'll get lucky.

The results of these mechanics mean that a cop chase could last anywhere from 10 minutes (at which point you're unlikely to ever escape) to 10 seconds, and you don't feel as if you've got any control over which one it is.

I'm annoyed.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 03, 2014, 06:20:21 PM »

Weird, I feel the cop/bad guy chases are too easy.  I heard reviewers state it's hard to escape, but that hasn't been my experiences.  If I'm on foot, I'll die easily, but in a car, the world is my playground.  Hacking posts, steam pipes usually do the trick to allow me enough time to either escape or hide.  I've avoided cops and helicopters by hiding inside buildings like garages.  I've ditched cops by staying out of sight with the engine off and hiding while watching them go up and down the street with their spot lights and eventually call off the search.

I'm not saying I'm better.  I'm just not having the same experience.  With that said, I wish I had your experience with hacking people.  I never seem to be successful.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #470 on: June 03, 2014, 07:27:34 PM »

I had that luck aspect in a fixer mission.  first destination was way up by the dam, almost to the Blume compound.  Got lucky early and lost them, only for a cop to spot me hiding in the car in an alley, despite being outside his range.  I escaped the city, but once you get to the countryside, you can't lose the helis and the cops just come from ahead like you said.  Restarted, got away and hid by a pier.  lost the active search, but then the scan popped up and caught me before I could get back out.  I got lucky and outran them and the helis without running into any more police.  If the scans were based on the posted cameras it would be a lot more believable.

It's unfortunate that the heli hacking is useless.  I figured it would work like the other items and light up behind you when it could do the most good.

YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 03, 2014, 09:17:40 PM »

Some cop chases are easier than others. I'm pretty good at getting away - I've run into only one Fixer mission so far that I can't beat due to cop difficulty, and that was before I got the Steam Pipe skill. I need to go back and try it again. Typically I don't do the back alley/sneaky stuff. I just find a good stretch of highway, put the pedal down, and take advantage of every environmental hack to stop the cops behind me. Get some distance, veer off the road out of their sight line, then you're home free.

Jam Comms are probably the single most useful item in the whole game. I HATE HATE HATE how civilians will call 911 at the drop of a hat, so I always keep a healthy stock. It also REALLY annoys me when I'm trying to stop a crime, the criminal is shooting at ME, and the dumb civilian calls 911 and the cops go after me. That's total bullshit.

I haven't dabbled in the online play much, but every time I have, I've had a blast. I'm terrible at the online race missions though - I don't think I've won one yet. The odds are just way too stacked against you when the player playing the cops has both cops, choppers, AND environmental hacks at their disposal. I'm sure there's some tips I'm missing, but so far I haven't been able to crack the secret to winning those

It's been a long time since I've played a game that I really didn't care much for at first then somehow grew to love. My RL friends are totally confused, because I dissuaded them from buying it at launch after I played a couple of nights. Now I can't stop raving about it to them.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 04, 2014, 03:29:19 AM »

Just an update at the one week mark:

I'm only 22% through the game (total progression). I couldn't fine a "time played" stat, but I'm currently estimating about 15 hours. What's scary is that in those 15 hours, I've only done 7 storyline missions (out of 40ish). I've only 100%ed two side missions - the hotspot check-ins and the audio logs. Everything else I'm at best halfway done and in most cases only a quarter of the way done. And I'm character level 19 out of 50.

I was talking to a buddy of mine that hated Black Flag due to the repetitive side content, and as I was telling him the sheer amount of side content in Watch Dogs he thought it sounded like a nightmare. As I explained to him, however, the thing that separates this game's extras from something like AC: Black Flag or Infamous: Second Son is very simple. Side missions of the same type can still have tremendous variance. Two gang hideout missions are never going to play out the same - the environment will vary, the enemy types will vary, etc. Fixer missions are varied in type anyway, but even those of the same type are going to play out differently just by virtue of the open world. And the puzzle based missions such as the QR codes and Privacy Invasion missions can range from super easy to really challenging - but you don't know which you're going to get when you attempt one.

I'm guessing right now that I'm going to easily sink 45-50 hours into this to get 100%, if not more. Not bad for a game I didn't particularly care for when I first bought it.  icon_biggrin

Tokek

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 04, 2014, 04:46:04 AM »

I'm focusing on the campaign missions right now and I figured I can do the side missions later after I finished the campaign. However, I did get to the campaign mission where I had to chase a fixer clear across town then evade the cops afterwards and I guess that made the game put me on the "online tailing" list and had a tail. He was successful since I didn't know about his presence until it was way too late and I was too focused on the campaign to do my usual precautions.

I've started using blackout a bit more now during car chases and it would throw off most of the cop cars chasing you, as well as the chopper. Though now I'm running into the issue of trying to find more system keys to build more blackout devices, lol. I learned about the blackout's usefulness during one of my ctOS mobile games where I was the mobile player and the player I was chasing kept using blackout to throw my chasers off and it worked quite well.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 08, 2014, 05:30:01 AM »

I'm back from my 23 day road trip. I was following this thread and see that there haven't been any posts in a few days. So, is everyone liking the game, not liking it, having mixed feelings? I'm ready to jump aboard if folks are finding that it is pretty much living up to the hype.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #475 on: June 08, 2014, 06:34:50 AM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on June 08, 2014, 05:30:01 AM

I'm back from my 23 day road trip. I was following this thread and see that there haven't been any posts in a few days. So, is everyone liking the game, not liking it, having mixed feelings? I'm ready to jump aboard if folks are finding that it is pretty much living up to the hype.

It's Ubisoft: The Game. If you liked the Ubisoft prequels (such as Assassin's Creed 4 and Far Cry 3), you'll enjoy this. The open world Ubisoft games are becoming predictable at this point, so it's easy to determine if they're the games for you.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #476 on: June 08, 2014, 07:45:21 AM »

I just finished it tonight.  Some things were enjoyable and decent but in the end I don't think I really enjoyed it all that much as a whole. 

I spent a lot of time with it but I didn't complete all of the side missions.  I kind of gave up on some of them near the end but was still over 80% complete on everything (forgot to look).  In large part it does smack of Ubisoft: The Game, for good and bad. 

The early hours were really full of frustrations and annoyances.  There are mechanics like the ctOS scans that are poorly thought out and just seem unfair, and things like the reputation system that seem half baked in execution.  It is full of insta-fail missions of several types throughout.  I found myself either using my silenced pistol or grenade launcher all the time, since you're either taking enemies out one at a time or being swarmed by tons of them.   

I didn't really care for the story or characters either.  It was all kind of a mess and I mostly quit paying attention about half way through.  They're clearly leaving plenty of hints at a sequel after the credits, so hopefully they can do something more with it next time.  And hopefully it's not run into the ground in yearly installments.

forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 08, 2014, 01:20:28 PM »

The story is a complete mess and the player character is terrible.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 08, 2014, 03:49:17 PM »

Not impressed, wish I hadn't executed the impulse digital purchase.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 08, 2014, 09:04:06 PM »

My problem is playing this game after finishing infamous second son.  Infamous is the far better game. I will continue playing it however, at least until the last of us comes out.

Sent from my mobile device

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: