http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 09:36:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [E3 2012] Watch Dogs  (Read 15386 times)
EngineNo9
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #320 on: May 27, 2014, 08:38:12 PM »

Hmm, so far I'm not really enjoying the early parts of the game.  Starting out with stealth missions that you fail if you're detected?  Super lame. 

I also don't really like how the hacking mechanic makes you have to constantly slow down and examine so many people and things.  It really ruins the flow of normal open world play.  I've only played an hour so we'll see if that lessens as time goes on.

And the movement is kind of slow and unresponsive being animation-based like the Assassin's Creed games, which drives me a little nuts.  I guess I should have expected that, but I was hoping for better.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 27, 2014, 09:58:46 PM »

I really wanted to see how close this was to the real Chicago. So after the tutorial I got a car and headed over to Ogilvie train station with the idea I would walk around from there to a few places I knew in the area. First shocker was Ogilvie doesn't exist. It's been replaced with some outdoor mall you might find in Miami - which probably wouldn't fly with the Chicago winters. Basically it looks like they demolished the train station portion of Ogilvie station and just left the French Market - which is under the station.

But I had a huge smile on my face when I walked east to Washington and Canal. That corner was pretty close to the real deal. The sidewalk even had the small hill going up towards the bridge there. So I walked up sidewalk towards the Loop. But I got my first shock. There was no pedestrian crossing on the bridge. Vehicle traffic only! And not even a bike lanes, which are so prominent in the Loop. So I ran south to Madison, which is a huge pedestrian crossing in to the Loop. That was gone too! Can you only get in to the city if you take the L or drive a car? I walked up and down Canal and couldn't find a pedestrian crosswalk - guess you could always swim.

So as bad as congestion is in the city currently the future planners really made it worse.

I said screw it and just ran across the bridge and hoped no cars were coming. People walk across the streets all the time so why not.

The Civic Opera House was on the other side of the bridge and that looked pretty decent. It had the pillars in the front like the real deal but it looked like the Opera was long gone.  A Taco Fresco that I used to eat lunch at every once in awhile was gone.

I next went to the Sears/Willis Tower. That looked great. Except for the fact the building grew and now stretches all the way to Wells Street instead of ending a block earlier on Franklin St. Actually where the hell is Franklin St in this game? With the added congestion it looks like the future city designers decided in their infinite wisdom to cut a few of the streets out. That'll help with congestion!

In any case there was a saxophonist on one of the Willis Tower corners and I stopped to listen to him. He was much better than the usual musicians around the city blocks. Typically they only play one part of a known song and just play that part over and over again. And they usually play it with a few wrong notes. So this guy was fantastic. Maybe when the Civic Opera house closed the musicians took to the street.

I headed over to the theatre district and was dismayed to find only a single theatre. Guess Chicago broadway wasn't quite up to snuff in the future anymore.

I called up a motorcycle, which seems to be the best way to get around the Loop if you don't like waiting on traffic, and headed over to Millennium Park. It was pretty close to the real deal. The street and buildings looked good. The park itself had a lot of the features of the real thing. I was a bit bummed Park Grill was missing - no more burgers with Herkimer cedar cheese. The bean was there but instead of having a reflective surface it was neon blue. Shocking to see but I'm taking it as the Future Bean. The Pavilion looked close and so did Crown Fountain.

It's both neat and a bit of a let down wandering around Watch Dogs version of Chicago. It's not a 1:1 match but they have some things right. Its just jarring to go to places that you recognize but are not the same, or find whole areas missing. But I'm looking forward to exploring more of the Loop for places I've worked at and the north side which I know a little of.

*modified text for clarity. Dealing with jet lag!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 11:25:35 PM by Crawley » Logged
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 27, 2014, 10:31:54 PM »

Quote from: Caine on May 27, 2014, 03:01:29 PM

Quote from: Autistic Angel on May 27, 2014, 10:12:36 AM

Quote from: Destructor on May 27, 2014, 07:10:43 AM

Well, PC version has some issues (needs newest drivers, has NO way short of editing an ini file to turn off mouse acceleration, frankly almost might play better with a controller than with mouse/keyboard), but I'm really enjoying it so far.

PC users, you might want to visit here:
http://guide4games.net/watch-dogs-pc-performance-guide-crashes-multiplayer-issues-workarounds/

I was certain I was going to pick up Watch Dogs, but I'm still not sure which version I'm going with.  The PC version has the promise of a better frame rate and better visuals, but at the expense of all the time I'll spend fiddling with Ubisoft's port to make things work properly.  The PS4 version is a known quantity, but TiLT and Caine have made several valid points convincing me that I'd be better off extracting my corneas with a length of uncooked corkscrew pasta.

It's a toughie.  Have you tried connecting a controller to your PC to see how it handles?

-Autistic Angel

Not sure where I became the target of an AA™ post, but I'm going with the PS4 version myself due to some issues that were brought up with AMD cards.  

I wasn't thinking of targeting anyone -- I was just referring to this conversation in the PS4 thread:

Quote from: Caine on May 13, 2014, 08:13:46 PM

Quote from: TiLT on May 13, 2014, 07:58:24 PM

Quote from: leo8877 on May 13, 2014, 07:39:34 PM

Quote from: TiLT on May 13, 2014, 07:27:25 PM

Ouch! I think this is only the second title to not run at a full 1080p on PS4 (with the first being BF4). This is going to hurt their word of mouth.

What's the deal?  Is cross-platform ruining PS4 games?

Well, my point was that a lot of people will be asking: "Why can't this game run at 1080p when almost every other game can?" This will be especially problematic when compared to something like Infamous, which is likely to look better in the end. I'm willing to bet that pretty much every significant forum discussion about this game is filled with disappointed comments about this bit of news right now. Watch Dogs was already struggling with gaining positive word of mouth, and this won't help in the slightest.

Based on the early previews looking noticeably worse on console than PC, this news will re-ignite all the earlier reservations people have had about it.  It makes getting the PC deluxe version a lot more enticing when you compare them, assuming comparable (or better) PC specs. 

And I agree: all other things being equal, my PC would produce better fidelity at higher frame rates than the PS4 version.

There are a few reasons why I wound up going with the PS4 version anyway:

1) I'm not sure the amount of fiddling around in Options menus and .ini files is ultimately worth the increased performance.  Like I mentioned in the other tread, Ubisoft's PC ports are best filed under "Competent...With Caveats."  A lot of the feedback suggests I'd also have to look into overclocking my processor, and Destructor-kun's posts indicate there's some control weirdness under the best of circumstances.

2) My SSDs were purchased years ago and aren't very high capacity.  With a 25-gig footprint, I'd likely have to remove another game to make room for Watch Dogs.

3) A few of my friends are playing the PS4 version, meaning better opportunities for multiplayer.

4) The PC version will surely hit lower prices than the console version thanks to various Steam and Amazon sales, so if I decide to pick it up in the future when all the drivers and optimization patches are available, that option will still be available.

I popped the PS4 version of Watch Dogs in to install and grab the patch earlier -- I'll probably have time to start playing later tonight.

-Autistic Angel
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 27, 2014, 11:02:50 PM »

Quote from: ATB on May 27, 2014, 12:01:49 PM

Giantbomb 3/5

Even though I feel its story is often weak and its action isn't that different from other games in the genre, I still enjoyed my time with Watch Dogs. It turns out that the old stuff still works, and the strong-but-standard mission design kept me entertained, most of the time. It's rough around the edges, though, so if you don't settle for anything less than the best, you'll probably be disappointed.

But hey, Watch Dogs 2? That'll probably be pretty cool.

Looks like I'll be waiting.

I figured if Jeff reviewed it, he would give it a 3.  He's so odd.  He won't blink at the bog-standard missions that GTA 5 gives because it's GTA, but for this, which actually does some interesting things with the hacking and such, suddenly it's the same old same old.  I understand his love for Saint's Row as that is one wacky ass game.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 27, 2014, 11:32:49 PM »

FYI - I've turned off Invasion

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 27, 2014, 11:44:05 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on May 27, 2014, 11:32:49 PM

pfft, when did soul go soft?  ninja
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #326 on: May 28, 2014, 12:18:02 AM »

With uPlay down, it's down too, so it doesn't matter what you have it set to. Tongue

Still really enjoying this. Also starting to get annoyed when the game just hitches and hitches BADLY (on the PC). It doesn't skip frames when it gets really, really bad - it just starts to take longer and longer to draw them. I don't know what the hell is going on. I do know my PC can definitely handle it though, so it's not that (and yes, I have the latest NVidia drivers released like today for this game).

On the flip side, the game is so much fun. I love being chased by somebody, as I can turn the entire city into a weapon (raise the Blockers just as I pass by them, or flip a traffic light as the insane citizens don't see if the cross-street is clear before hitting the gas, or other random fun things) to escape. Also I love sneaking around in places where I shouldn't be, headshotting people with my silenced pistol to get them out of my way.

All in all, the AI is fun to mess around with. biggrin
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 12:20:14 AM by Destructor » Logged

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 28, 2014, 01:46:38 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on May 28, 2014, 12:18:02 AM

With uPlay down, it's down too, so it doesn't matter what you have it set to. Tongue

Still really enjoying this. Also starting to get annoyed when the game just hitches and hitches BADLY (on the PC). It doesn't skip frames when it gets really, really bad - it just starts to take longer and longer to draw them. I don't know what the hell is going on. I do know my PC can definitely handle it though, so it's not that (and yes, I have the latest NVidia drivers released like today for this game).

On the flip side, the game is so much fun. I love being chased by somebody, as I can turn the entire city into a weapon (raise the Blockers just as I pass by them, or flip a traffic light as the insane citizens don't see if the cross-street is clear before hitting the gas, or other random fun things) to escape. Also I love sneaking around in places where I shouldn't be, headshotting people with my silenced pistol to get them out of my way.

All in all, the AI is fun to mess around with. biggrin

ya the hiccuping is annoying.  My system can definetely handle this game.  It's smooth on foot, but hiccupy when driving.
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 28, 2014, 02:31:58 AM »

So any tips for losing cars in a fixer mission? These are the missions where you steal a car, then have to lose the cops, then do a drop off.

I have a hell of a time losing the cops at all. My car gets beat to all hell before I lose them. And I'm not sure what I'm doing exactly to lose them in the first place. Then as I go to the drop off location I get detected by the helicopter. And once that happens I can't lose that at all.

I'm a bit stuck because I took the fixer mission and it won't let me untake it. I only have a few hacking skills but I suspect I don't have the ones I need to make this easier. So looking for any tips on the cop chases so I can continue in the game.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #329 on: May 28, 2014, 02:46:07 AM »

Yeah, I had that same trouble running from the cops as well on a mission to take a car somewhere.  I must have driven half the city and failed that thing 10 times before finally just getting lucky.  I particularly hate avoiding the cops and then getting the yellow circles secondary detection afterwards.  Nothing like trying to drive full speed through the city while also looking at the minimap the whole time, especially when you are punished for running over civilians and your car is already smoking.

Things like this are kind of driving me nuts.  Just like the Stealth missions where just getting spotted is instant failure.  And side missions popping up while I'm in the middle of something else. 

So far it feels like an open world game made by people who don't understand what makes those games fun.  Apparently things get better as you gain more skill points and can make it less frustratingly annoying, but so far I don't find I'm having fun in the game at all. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #330 on: May 28, 2014, 03:02:21 AM »

You should be able to quit the mission Crawley.  I saw someone on the IGN video do that.  I'll be waiting to take those missions until I get a few more driving or hacking skills.  As for losing them, any chance you can find a garage or something and hide in the car?  I love that option. 

YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 28, 2014, 03:07:41 AM »

My early impressions from 2 hours of play:

The first mission is not very welcoming. It teaches you the rudiments of hacking but gets a little confusing and wasn't a great introduction to the controls. Then you're having to sneak past guards which causes fail on sight. I didn't have much trouble with the section, but I could have also gotten really lucky. Until I got out on the street, I could feel disappointment creeping in.

Fortunately things got a bit better once I got into the open world. And open world it is. They pretty much dump you into the city, surrounded by tons of side content that you are free to explore at your leisure. Instead of going straight into a story mission, I decided to just free roam, hitting extras as I ran across them. Wound up spending the entire two hours just doing side stuff, ignoring the campaign entirely.

One thing that REALLY appeals to my "completionist" side is that you are always aware of your progress. Pull up your Progression Tracker and you can tell exactly how many of each side quest you have left to do, what skills you have left to unlock, what percentage of the game you've completed, etc. With a game this large (in terms of content), a poorly built or vague progression tracker could have been disastrous. Thankfully they got it right.

The hacking aspect of the game is a double-edged sword. On the one hand it's super cool to be able to drive across town, manipulating traffic lights and blowing up transformers. I also like the puzzle aspect of leaping from camera to camera trying to get the best vantage points to hack certain items. On the other hand, it's so exceedingly simple to do and so ubiquitous that it can sometimes be a little distracting.

I mentioned earlier how many of the more negative reviews focused on the fact that there was very little innovation in terms of the open world gameplay itself, and I can definitely understand that. Based on my early early impressions, if you strip away the hacking stuff you're left with a generic GTA clone (albeit one with a ton of stuff to do). My perception could certainly change with more gameplay - I really haven't scratched the surface of the stuff there is to actually do, nor did anything other than the tutorial story mission.

My biggest disappointment so far has been with the graphics. At times the game looks next-gen, staring off at detailed buildings and watching people and cars milling around. But often it looks decidedly last-gen, with really simple textures and dated looking character models. The good news is that I haven't run into any framerate issues or hitching so far.

I truly believe the game's saving grace for me is going to be the sheer amount and variety of stuff to do. Even if I'm not completely enraptured with the story, I can see myself hopping on just to goof around or knock out a couple of quick side missions. In that respect I'm more than confident that I'll get my money's worth. If I'm being honest, however, it's not quite the heavily hyped new experience I thought it would be.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #332 on: May 28, 2014, 04:12:54 AM »

Quote from: Crawley on May 28, 2014, 02:31:58 AM

I have a hell of a time losing the cops at all. My car gets beat to all hell before I lose them. And I'm not sure what I'm doing exactly to lose them in the first place. Then as I go to the drop off location I get detected by the helicopter. And once that happens I can't lose that at all.

As mentioned, it's really about having all the starter hacking skills. Also being able to drive with the best of them helps a ton. Although if you're facing helicopters without the option to disable them...yeah, I got nothing (short of hiding in a garage somewhere).

When I need to dodge the cops (or whatever might be following me) I fire off as many of the hack things as I can assuming somebody is close to me. Additionally, if they're -very- close, the 'push button to hack X' should be flickering at you, which means that there's a very high chance that your trick will succeed spectacularly (for traffic lights I don't know if it 'cheats' for you, but the others mean that the vehicle in question is in the perfect spot) assuming you're not in the way of it.

If the fuzz is right on top of you and pushing your car, push right back. I seem to be able to 'out muscle' them (but maybe it's the cars I pick or my few upgrades, I dunno), and I can use that to push them right into other vehicles, or parts of walls, or something that won't just break apart when they hit it. Enemy vehicles as a whole (at least in my point in the game, no idea if this holds up for later) can take a LOT less damage than the player car can (no matter what you're driving), so if you push them into something once or twice, odds are they're garbage.

Finally - when you do break line of sight (you can now see a circle you need to escape from), floor it. At that point, all you need to do is stay out of any vehicle's visual range (which is smaller than you think) until you hit the edge of the circle and then you're home free. Also triggering extra vehicle stoppage things (traffic lights or blockers) is still useful too as it might keep them busy when they hit them whenever.

One last thing - bridges aren't too useful to trigger IMHO. Yes, no enemy vehicle will think of jumping them (but you can with just a bit of speed) and will always pull away, but they also tend to override your command if there's a vehicle already on them...or something. They just tend to work randomly for me.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #333 on: May 28, 2014, 10:26:46 AM »

For anyone still uncertain about which platform to play the game on, Digital Foundry now has an initial comparison up.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 28, 2014, 10:34:11 AM »

skill points matter for evading cops.  Car takes less damage, blackouts, etc.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 28, 2014, 12:26:39 PM »

Quote from: TiLT
For anyone still uncertain about which platform to play the game on, Digital Foundry now has an initial comparison up.

Good write-up. I've also noticed that the Xbox version has a bit more jaggies, but it's not a deal breaker. The good news is that so far the game has run smoothly throughout (though initial load times can be a bear). Even if they had to make some slight sacrifices, they did do a really good job making sure the performance was up to par on the XB1.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 28, 2014, 12:35:57 PM »

I'm having fun, but this game does not strike me as next gen in any way.    It feels like I could easily fire this up on my PS3 and wouldn't see much difference.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 28, 2014, 12:37:08 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on May 28, 2014, 12:26:39 PM

Quote from: TiLT

Good write-up. I've also noticed that the Xbox version has a bit more jaggies, but it's not a deal breaker. The good news is that so far the game has run smoothly throughout (though initial load times can be a bear). Even if they had to make some slight sacrifices, they did do a really good job making sure the performance was up to par on the XB1.

the load time on the XB1 is my only issue, but it is smooth sailing once the game loads.  

My twitch stream from last night
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 12:42:12 PM by Soulchilde » Logged

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #338 on: May 28, 2014, 12:47:19 PM »

I'm going to toss a 1 TB hybrid disk into my PS4 today. That should hopefully improve loading times a bit.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 28, 2014, 12:54:16 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on May 28, 2014, 12:47:19 PM

I'm going to toss a 1 TB hybrid disk into my PS4 today. That should hopefully improve loading times a bit.

How about some impressions.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #340 on: May 28, 2014, 01:08:48 PM »

Quote from: ATB on May 28, 2014, 12:54:16 PM

Quote from: TiLT on May 28, 2014, 12:47:19 PM

How about some impressions.

The game didn't unlock for me until bedtime yesterday. I have no impressions to provide since I haven't played it.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 28, 2014, 01:24:52 PM »

Quote from: msduncan
I'm having fun, but this game does not strike me as next gen in any way.    It feels like I could easily fire this up on my PS3 and wouldn't see much difference.

I think this is what I've been having trouble articulating. It's fun but I think it was REALLY weighed down by having to be cross-platform with old-gen. No offense to those who haven't upgraded yet, but I wish those platforms would die already.

I don't think it helps that GTA V was so recent. That game immediately grabbed me with the story and characters. By comparison Watch Dogs seems very flat and cookie-cutter. In GTA V, I felt like I was doing things because they were part of my character's adventure. In Watch Dogs, I feel like I'm doing things because I'm trying to check them off my progression list.

I hope my feelings change, and I realize it's probably unfair to judge a 30+ hour game from 2 hours of gameplay. You only have one chance to make a first impression, however.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 28, 2014, 01:29:17 PM »

I'm not surprised to see people feeling this way, I wouldn't expect truly next gen stuff until about a year after a system comes out.  I'm hoping/expecting that Destiny, Evolve and the like showcase some stuff that the 360/ps3 simply couldn't do well.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #343 on: May 28, 2014, 02:00:51 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on May 28, 2014, 01:29:17 PM

I'm not surprised to see people feeling this way, I wouldn't expect truly next gen stuff until about a year after a system comes out.  I'm hoping/expecting that Destiny, Evolve and the like showcase some stuff that the 360/ps3 simply couldn't do well.

Destiny is a cross-generation title, so you shouldn't expect much.
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 28, 2014, 02:13:29 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on May 28, 2014, 12:35:57 PM

You should fire up the PS3 version so that you will see that it doesn't look as good.

The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: May 28, 2014, 02:14:54 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on May 28, 2014, 01:29:17 PM

Exactly.  It's only goiing to be with games that were made only for new-gen that things will look good.  Infamous looks wonderful, for instance.  I imagine the new Batman will look stellar as well (and from the screens they have posted of it, it seems to).

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 28, 2014, 02:18:54 PM »

I would have liked a little more hand holding before they drop you into a massive world with hundreds of objectives all over the place.  Even some of the beginning missions require you to drive quite a bit, which seems like a departure from other open world games that I've played, where you lead up to the "next island".  Also, I thought the idea was to try and be really stealthy and hack your way to victory, but it seems that most missions require that you shoot your way success. 
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 28, 2014, 02:21:29 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on May 28, 2014, 02:18:54 PM

I would have liked a little more hand holding before they drop you into a massive world with hundreds of objectives all over the place.  Even some of the beginning missions require you to drive quite a bit, which seems like a departure from other open world games that I've played, where you lead up to the "next island".  Also, I thought the idea was to try and be really stealthy and hack your way to victory, but it seems that most missions require that you shoot your way success. 

I've only done the first story mission that requires you to hack something, but I was able to sneak in undetected, get the hacking done, and get out without alerting anyone.  I imagine they're not all like that, though.  I felt pretty awesome when I did it. smile

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #348 on: May 28, 2014, 02:40:58 PM »

Destiny is a cross gen game, which is actually one of the things that's hurting it and preventing really striking visuals and gameplay. There's a reason why people call it too much like a Not-Halo.

Evolve is actually PS4/XB1 only, and the devs have said in an interview that one of the reasons this is so is so they can have a lot of trees and foliage in the game, without fading out at a distance, to let the monster hide.

Does the game recognize if you ghost through a segment? It seems that the guards around most hacking locations are apparently marked for death and okay to kill for your reputation.
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 28, 2014, 03:13:47 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on May 28, 2014, 02:40:58 PM

Does the game recognize if you ghost through a segment? It seems that the guards around most hacking locations are apparently marked for death and okay to kill for your reputation.

No, it didn't given me a trophy or say anything about ghosting through it.  It's more a personal choice in that I don't want to play Aiden as a killer.  I've only killed one person so far and it was one of those random robber events and the guy had a gun and was shooting me, so the only real way I could get him was to shoot back or he would have killed me before I reached him.  I am sure eventually I will start gunning everyone down as the game will probably force my hand that way.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 28, 2014, 03:18:44 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on May 28, 2014, 03:13:47 PM

No, it didn't given me a trophy or say anything about ghosting through it.  It's more a personal choice in that I don't want to play Aiden as a killer.  I've only killed one person so far and it was one of those random robber events and the guy had a gun and was shooting me, so the only real way I could get him was to shoot back or he would have killed me before I reached him.  I am sure eventually I will start gunning everyone down as the game will probably force my hand that way.

I was hoping to not play as a killer as well.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 28, 2014, 03:23:34 PM »

Is there a tutorial for raising the barriers when driving, or a way to practice?  Seems like you have to initiate the hack to raise them before you get there and when I've done it, my car hit them and not my pursuers. 
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 28, 2014, 03:34:25 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on May 28, 2014, 03:23:34 PM

Is there a tutorial for raising the barriers when driving, or a way to practice?  Seems like you have to initiate the hack to raise them before you get there and when I've done it, my car hit them and not my pursuers. 

it turns blue if it will hit your pursuer
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #353 on: May 28, 2014, 03:39:23 PM »

I've also only got about 2-3 hours worth of playtime, but I definitely agree with YK on this.  We saw a "Next-Gen" game at E3 2012.  What we got is a cross-gen game that isn't doesn't take full advantage of the new graphical abilities.  It also doesn't hit the same level in it's first few hours that GTA V does, and with a smaller game world to boot.  Now, it does more within that realm than GTA does, but there's no mistaking that it feels like a compromise.  Infamous Second Son suffered from that aspect as well, so it's not limited to just cross-gen games.  Batman should feel better in that regard, certainly The Division and Witcher 3 will.  

I went in with lowered expectations about the graphics so it's not a huge disappointment as the game is fun and has a lot to do.  I walked down the street just watching the AI go about its business and reading their blurbs.  

Money is extremely easy to come by.  I hacked everyone I found and have 50k already.  I suppose it will come in handy once I start crafting more tools.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 28, 2014, 03:40:20 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on May 28, 2014, 03:34:25 PM

Quote from: leo8877 on May 28, 2014, 03:23:34 PM

it turns blue if it will hit your pursuer

Cool thanks Hark
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #355 on: May 28, 2014, 03:46:36 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on May 28, 2014, 03:18:44 PM

I stupidly became one after trying to ghost the first CtOS server in that construction yard.  Instead of hacking the camera phone on the guard, the game selected the exploding floor panel and took him out.  Then after I had gone full on killer mode, found the entry path to the stealthy route and had access to the terminal, but failed to get that you had to hack the unlocked symbol to continue.  I then made my way through and took out the rest of them to access it manually.

I don't know how you could stealth through the gang hideouts though.  those things are full of armed guards.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 28, 2014, 03:56:57 PM »

Quote from: Caine on May 28, 2014, 03:46:36 PM

I stupidly became one after trying to ghost the first CtOS server in that construction yard.  Instead of hacking the camera phone on the guard, the game selected the exploding floor panel and took him out.  Then after I had gone full on killer mode, found the entry path to the stealthy route and had access to the terminal, but failed to get that you had to hack the unlocked symbol to continue.  I then made my way through and took out the rest of them to access it manually.

I don't know how you could stealth through the gang hideouts though.  those things are full of armed guards.

lots of distraction and melee take downs.  (and steam vents)
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #357 on: May 28, 2014, 04:01:26 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on May 28, 2014, 03:56:57 PM

Quote from: Caine on May 28, 2014, 03:46:36 PM

lots of distraction and melee take downs.  (and steam vents)
Yeah, that seems like a good challenge to try on the next one. 

I'm liking the method of locating all these side missions as it isn't just hacking the node.  It keeps the npcs from being roaming atm's  and lets the game flesh out the world with all of the little side conversations you'll hear. 

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 28, 2014, 04:11:51 PM »

Kind of funny thing, changing a traffic light almost always causes a multi-car accident and does a lot of damage to all the cars. I used a traffic light to stop a guy, then got a phone call after I took him down. Cars were exploding all the way through the call icon_lol

I've been stealing money from a lot of people who probably don't deserve it. Oh well. Interesting that it doesn't effect your reputation in any way.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 28, 2014, 04:18:12 PM »

can't affect rep if they don't know you did it slywink
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: