http://gamingtrend.com
September 30, 2014, 11:57:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [E3 2012] Watch Dogs  (Read 13715 times)
Caine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: February 03, 2014, 10:46:57 PM »

I hope you are right Teggy.  The name has been out there for so long, it would be pretty short sighted to change it now. 

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 03, 2014, 11:21:19 PM »

Latest news is it was fraudulent.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: February 04, 2014, 11:55:12 AM »

Or, they might do the silliest thing and fold it, yet again, into Assassin's Creed.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 10, 2014, 07:44:01 PM »

GameInformer

Game will be released between April and June,and the Wii U version(that was rumoured to be scrapped)will be delayed

Ubisoft has confirmed that the Wii U version of Watch Dogs will come later than the other versions (Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, PC).

“We made the difficult decision to further delay the release of Watch Dogs on Wii U to focus the team’s resources where they could have the broadest possible benefit for both our customers and Ubisoft,” CEO Yves Guillemot said during today's financial call.

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: February 10, 2014, 08:24:40 PM »

good.  I was beginning to fear that this would get pushed back to Q4

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 12, 2014, 07:23:27 AM »

Quote from: Caine on February 10, 2014, 08:24:40 PM

good.  I was beginning to fear that this would get pushed back to Q4

Same.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 06, 2014, 02:52:14 PM »

May 27th

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuAbH8Z8iwk&feature=youtu.be
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: March 06, 2014, 03:19:44 PM »

That's a good trailer, and the date is earlier than I had expected. It's not that long to wait.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 06, 2014, 04:19:28 PM »

Trailer looks great!
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 07, 2014, 12:06:36 PM »

I'll just leave this here:
http://i.minus.com/ibx7x63X6Vgqd1.gif
I hope 2013 is the PS3 version.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: March 07, 2014, 12:35:58 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on March 07, 2014, 12:06:36 PM

I'll just leave this here:
http://i.minus.com/ibx7x63X6Vgqd1.gif
I hope 2013 is the PS3 version.

Different time of day, and different weather. Apart from those two things, there's not that much separating the two. On the other hand, all games that were shown off early for the new generation of systems were downgraded in visuals after their initial reveal, most likely because the reveals had to be run on an estimate of what the final specs for the consoles would be. The sole exception I can think of is Ryse: Son of Rome, which was given a slight improvement in graphics from what I can recall.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 07, 2014, 02:58:35 PM »

Obviously it's not the same clip but you can't just put it down to "different time of day". One of them looks the way the next gen should look and the other looks like the past gen.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 07, 2014, 03:00:25 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on March 07, 2014, 02:58:35 PM

Obviously it's not the same clip but you can't just put it down to "different time of day". One of them looks the way the next gen should look and the other looks like the past gen.

One thing I noticed was that weird glow on the bridge.  I don't think that's a graphics downgrade...I think they're highlighting the bridge.  You can see a tooltip as they drive by labeled Bridge and I think it is showing you can interact with it.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 07, 2014, 03:11:39 PM »

Here's the infamous video that's the source of the second part of the above .gif.  There's no way the final game will look anything like that, as the graphics in the video look like a PS2 HD remake.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: March 07, 2014, 04:02:45 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on March 07, 2014, 03:11:39 PM

Here's the infamous video that's the source of the second part of the above .gif.  There's no way the final game will look anything like that, as the graphics in the video look like a PS2 HD remake.

There's actually a link to a comment from the devs about that particular video in the description: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/07/31/watch-dogs-creative-director-explains-the-aisha-trailers-poor-visuals-ps4-version-is-millions-of-miles-away-from-it/

It's also a very old video, from summer 2013. It's best to simply ignore it as representative of anything at all. Thanks for digging up the video.

Edit: The developer actually even says that the PS3/360 versions will look better than that video.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 04:04:27 PM by TiLT » Logged
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: March 07, 2014, 04:15:55 PM »

doesn't seem that long ago, but the video was out as a miscommunication, so I'm hopeful that it isn't an ugly mess like that was. 

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: March 08, 2014, 10:36:52 AM »

The Creative Director for Watch Dogs has confirmed, via Twitter, that the final game for PS4 will look the same as the E3 demo from 2013.
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 13, 2014, 08:33:06 PM »

Story Trailer  I am much more interested now.  It looks like it might have a strong story.

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: March 13, 2014, 09:47:49 PM »

Quote from: farley2k on March 13, 2014, 08:33:06 PM

Story Trailer  I am much more interested now.  It looks like it might have a strong story.

That trailer was already posted a week ago in this thread. smile
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 14, 2014, 01:22:10 PM »

You mean the thing called

"May 27th

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuAbH8Z8iwk&feature=youtu.be"

Yeah sorry I didn't notice it was a story trailer.  My universal translator didn't catch the capital "H" in NuABH8Z8iwk.....  icon_lol

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 14, 2014, 09:39:09 PM »

Looks great.
Wish it was coming out next month...
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 23, 2014, 05:19:30 PM »

New footage up

Eurogamer preview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpwiEZNDblQ

Multiplayer overview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKwn4nK5J28
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 23, 2014, 07:03:22 PM »

There's a bunch of new stuff up on the front page.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: April 23, 2014, 07:36:19 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on April 23, 2014, 07:03:22 PM

There's a bunch of new stuff up on the front page.

What he said.  I went hands on for about four hours and did nearly 45 minutes of interviews.  Hacking is kinda my thing in the real world (I'm a Network Engineer by trade) so this is right up my alley.  All of the interviews also contain new footage of the game, so....enjoy!

3200+ word Preview - http://www.gamingtrend.com/2014/04/23/digital-parkour-hands-watch-dogs/

Interview with Kevin Shortt about the story (and much more) - http://www.gamingtrend.com/video-post/we-all-have-a-bit-of-voyeurism-in-us-ken-shortt-on-hacking-and-information-security-in-watch_dogs/

Interview with Thomas Geffroyd about the authenticity of hacking -
http://www.gamingtrend.com/video-post/watch-dogs-thomas-geffroyd-digs-deep-on-hacking/

Second Screen ctOS - Mobile demo (and editor demo) with Philippe Baude -
http://www.gamingtrend.com/video-post/watch-dogs-is-the-next-generation-of-second-screen-experiences/

Watch Dogs commented multiplayer video - http://www.gamingtrend.com/video-post/watch-dogs-multiplayer-far-fun-anticipated/

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: April 23, 2014, 07:36:46 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on April 23, 2014, 05:19:30 PM

By the way - I sat next to this dude.  He was not all that excited about the game for some reason...kept complaining about the controller.  I'm getting the vibe he's a PC only guy.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 23, 2014, 08:14:38 PM »

I've been not following the development of this game, for some reason after GTAV came out I've been off AAA titles, but after watching the Eurogamer preview I'm somewhat impressed. I have no interest in the multiplayer aspect, so I'm happy to hear that the SP campaign will take an average player 35-40 hours and that there's a hundred hours of content if you do everything.

I also enjoyed the detail of the GT preview, it's an excellent article. I especially liked the use of the term "distraction missions"; I can't see myself playing Watch Dogs so I can play chess  icon_wink. The article answered some questions I've had about the game.

I'll be playing this on the PC, so if there any special cautions about the PC version that people come across, please post these.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: April 23, 2014, 08:46:24 PM »

It sounds good.  I'm liking the amount of side missions and how they handle npc's and their conversations.  Both of those will go a long way to make the game feel as immersive as possible. 

Hard to believe we are down to just over a month out.  looking forward to it. 

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: April 23, 2014, 09:23:26 PM »

I'll be playing this on the PC, so if there any special cautions about the PC version that people come across, please post these.

Will do.  Ubi does a solid job with their PC ports.  The question will be how intrusive is the UPlay part of it.   From what I've heard it's "check once on launch" and then it goes away.  We'll see....

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 23, 2014, 09:59:52 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on April 23, 2014, 09:23:26 PM

Will do.  Ubi does a solid job with their PC ports.  The question will be how intrusive is the UPlay part of it.   From what I've heard it's "check once on launch" and then it goes away.  We'll see....

I use Uplay for AC4BF. I just tried, since I hadn't tried before, to play with the internet disconnected and it was very straightforward with just one screen where you clicked "Play Offline". So if Watch Dogs is similar it will be fine.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 11, 2014, 08:02:18 PM »

I see that Steam is offering Watch Dogs (sorry, Watch_Dogs™), with a pre-purchase bonus:
Pre-purchase Watch Dogs™ or Watch Dogs™ Deluxe Edition and receive the Blume Agent Pack:

Blume Agent Outfit
    Blume Weapon Perk: Less recoil on shots

Now, there is also a Deluxe Edition for an additional $10 USD:
Purchase Watch_Dogs™ Deluxe Edition now and receive the following bonus items:

CLUB JUSTICE PACK
• Rewards: Chicago South Club skin
• Perk: Driving boost: More Hit Points to Vehicles

BREAKTHROUGH Mission:
• 15 minutes additional gameplay
• Reward: VEHICLE EXPERT PERK: Get free vehicles from your Underground Car Contact and earn discounts on select cars.

SIGNATURE SHOT Mission:
• 20 minutes additional gameplay
• Rewards:
- BLACK VICEROYS GANG COLORS OUTFIT
- BIOMETRIC ASSAULT RIFLE

THE PALACE Mission:
• 20 minutes additional gameplay
• Rewards:
- INVESTIGATION BONUS: Unlock more investigation opportunities inside the network databanks.
- ATM HACK BOOST: Boost your cash rewards when hacking bank accounts.

EXCLUSIVE CONTENT:
• 60 min of additional gameplay – 4 exclusive missions
• A unique DedSec White Hat Hacker suit unlocked upon completion of the missions.
• Hacking Boost (Add 1 Battery Slot)
• A deeper knowledge of DedSec, an important faction in the Watch_Dogs universe.

Do I pre-purchase for an outfit and a weapon perk or do I just wait for the initial reviews? I'll be on vacation for the first two weeks while Watch Dogs (again, sorry, Watch_Dogs™) after release, so I guess I'm probably better off passing on the Blume Agent Outfit and the Blume Weapon Perk and just waiting to see whether folks think the Deluxe Edition is worth the extra $10.

Any thought out there? And happy Mother's Day for those GT mothers  icon_biggrin
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 08:30:06 PM by jztemple2 » Logged

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: May 11, 2014, 08:20:05 PM »

This is an AAA Ubisoft open-world game, clearly inspired by the Assassin's Creed series. I'd say it's going to be a great game at best, and an okay game at worst. While I don't want to condone pre-orders (boo! hiss!), I don't think it's a very risky proposition in this case.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: May 11, 2014, 09:48:06 PM »

I'd say if you're going to preorder the PC version, just get it from GMG for cheaper.  You can get the same preorder bonuses, get $12 back (or $14 for the Deluxe version) and you can easily get coupons for 25% off. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: May 12, 2014, 04:52:47 AM »

I'd say the extra deluxe edition is worth it as it looks to have all of the DLC from the console's various retailer deals.  Almost 2 hours worth of extra stuff is more than you usually get from these until they start bundling them all together for the GOTY version.

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 13, 2014, 03:10:45 AM »

Interesting article over on Kotaku.com, Video Game Preorders Are Out Of Control. What makes it pertinent to this thread is that the author is using Watch Dogs (sorry, Watch_Dogs™) as the example. As part of the article he prepared a chart showing the different available features versus the pre-order edition:

Click to enlarge

I'm particularly noting that there are a number of items that you get with the Digital Deluxe edition, which we discussed above, that also come with the Season Pass. But mostly I'm more confused than ever, and that's just looking at the digital items. I mean, if I want the "iconic cap", I have to buy my copy in Europe, the Middle East, Asia or Australia  eek

Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 13, 2014, 03:22:51 AM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on May 13, 2014, 03:10:45 AM

Interesting article over on Kotaku.com, Video Game Preorders Are Out Of Control. What makes it pertinent to this thread is that the author is using Watch Dogs (sorry, Watch_Dogs™) as the example. As part of the article he prepared a chart showing the different available features versus the pre-order edition:

Click to enlarge

I'm particularly noting that there are a number of items that you get with the Digital Deluxe edition, which we discussed above, that also come with the Season Pass. But mostly I'm more confused than ever, and that's just looking at the digital items. I mean, if I want the "iconic cap", I have to buy my copy in Europe, the Middle East, Asia or Australia  eek

Or just wait a year and we'll be able to get the complete edition with everything.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: May 13, 2014, 03:26:17 AM »

Quote from: Victoria Raverna on May 13, 2014, 03:22:51 AM

Quote from: jztemple2 on May 13, 2014, 03:10:45 AM

Click to enlarge

Or just wait a year and we'll be able to get the complete edition with everything.

As this is a game that I might just want to replay at some point, I'll be taking this route with a PC copy in the Steam Summer 2015 sale. 

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 13, 2014, 03:26:48 AM »

Quote from: Victoria Raverna on May 13, 2014, 03:22:51 AM

Well, you're no fun  slywink

Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 13, 2014, 10:29:54 PM »

An article on Forbes States that the PS4 will run at 900p and the Xbone will run at 792p. Both at 30fps. Oops.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 14, 2014, 03:44:48 AM »

Quote from: Canuck on May 13, 2014, 10:29:54 PM

An article on Forbes States that the PS4 will run at 900p and the Xbone will run at 792p. Both at 30fps. Oops.

And PC for the win!  slywink

TheRockFrog
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 14, 2014, 11:50:34 PM »

Sitting on my couch in front of my 73" TV with my PS4 controller....FTW!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: