http://gamingtrend.com
April 19, 2014, 06:02:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Headsets and the next generation  (Read 179 times)
msduncan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« on: March 14, 2014, 12:55:15 AM »

Ok this has been bugging the CRAP out of me.   Neither system has headsets that you can just plug in and get sounds + chat as easy as just plugging in.   My poor wife got me a PX4 headset (not cheap!) for Christmas and I managed to stand on my head and turn around three times and get it to work on the PS4.    I'm still not sure if chat works over it yet (haven't tried it).   

I tried to plug the PX4 into the Xbox One today, and the sound works nicely.   Problem?   NO CHAT over the damned headset.   Instead they want me to talk into my Kinect?   wtf?

Is there a headset out there that works with BOTH?    For the love of God this is one of the basic, easy things and neither company is making it easy.
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 02:06:28 AM »

Sony PS brand headsets hook right up easy and work fine.  Just hit the button on the side.

The latest if the gold wireless headset.   

Always been that way as far as I know.   Don't even have to go into settings.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 02:15:04 AM »

The new headset adapter for the XB1 will probably get your headset working for chat.  I agree it's stupid to have to pay $25 for another doohickey for it, but it got my older gen Astro A40 headset working fine.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 02:22:33 AM »

Quote from: wonderpug on March 14, 2014, 02:15:04 AM

The new headset adapter for the XB1 will probably get your headset working for chat.  I agree it's stupid to have to pay $25 for another doohickey for it, but it got my older gen Astro A40 headset working fine.

Thanks wonderpug.   Looking up this doohickey.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 02:41:24 AM »

Quote from: msduncan on March 14, 2014, 02:22:33 AM

Quote from: wonderpug on March 14, 2014, 02:15:04 AM

Thanks wonderpug.   Looking up this doohickey.

This one, but don't pay the stupid $50 price the resellers are charging.  It's only supposed to be a stupid $25 price.
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 01:46:37 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on March 14, 2014, 12:55:15 AM

I tried to plug the PX4 into the Xbox One today, and the sound works nicely.   Problem?   NO CHAT over the damned headset.   Instead they want me to talk into my Kinect?   wtf?

There's an option to "Use Kinect for chat", perhaps if you uncheck it?

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 03:12:53 PM »

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on March 14, 2014, 01:46:37 PM

Quote from: msduncan on March 14, 2014, 12:55:15 AM

There's an option to "Use Kinect for chat", perhaps if you uncheck it?

Without the new headset adapter doohickey, the microphones on many headsets can't be used at all.  As a workaround you could use the Kinect mic to transmit and still receive chat audio over your headset.  That setup actually did work a lot better than I expected, but it was hardly ideal.
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 06:58:14 PM »

I got the Sony Gold Wireless ones and I've been happy with them. They are pretty much plug and play on the PS4, PS3, and work fine on PC too. They sound good and fit well. For $99 bucks I think they are a good buy for a Playstation gamer(and PC too)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: