http://gamingtrend.com
August 29, 2014, 04:30:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [E3 2012] Watch Dogs  (Read 13221 times)
wonderpug
Gaming Trend Senior Member

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 20, 2014, 12:21:17 AM »

Oh no worries, I'm not anti-PC.  I've probably been playing on my PC more than either of my consoles lately.  It's just that temple's config fiddling is much more nightmare inducing for me than it once was. 
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 20, 2014, 02:05:22 AM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on June 19, 2014, 09:18:37 PM

Does anyone know what the setting in Graphics "GPU Max Buffered Frames" does or should be set at? I have a GTX 780 and I've tried it at "1" and up at "5" and I can't tell a difference. Is it only for lesser video cards or something like that?

I can't speak to how Buffered Frames affects Watch Dogs specifically, but broadly speaking, it's intended to smooth out frame rate stutters.  A higher number of pre-rendered frames will diminish frame rate drops, but also introduce more input lag and a "floatier feel" to the game.

If you cannot perceive any difference in the settings, you should keep it at "1" or even "0."

-Autistic Angel
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 20, 2014, 02:08:11 AM »

yes, and all JZ is doing is trying to push his system because he can.  With the console, you have to settle at whatever that hardware gives you.  I'd much rather have choices
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 20, 2014, 02:20:22 AM »

And of course a lot of the reason is that for the first time since 2003 I have a pretty good gaming computer and I want to wring out of it what I can before the inevitable obsolescence sets in... the computer, not me... I hope icon_wink

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 20, 2014, 03:30:50 AM »

any game with multiplayer, I'd much rather everyone be on equal footing with regard to graphical quality and performance.  Player without shadows for example, means you can't hide in them.  It's bullshit in competitive games.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 21, 2014, 05:49:52 AM »

So, I've reached 50 hours of gameplay on Watch_Dogs. Just completed Act III with nine campaign missions to go. 64% completion. I'm still really enjoying the game.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #566 on: June 21, 2014, 09:30:40 AM »

Quote from: raydude on June 19, 2014, 01:11:00 PM

Quote from: jztemple2 on June 19, 2014, 12:14:39 AM

Quote from: Rip on June 18, 2014, 11:20:31 PM

I always wondered who it was that bought all those cheesy shirts that only someone on vacation should dare wear.

Now I know.
One man's cheesy is another man's freedom of expression slywink

Or yet another man's attire on "Aloha Fridays" at the Catholic HS in Hawaii. Sooo much better than wearing a shirt and tie.

When I was in Vietnam with family, I deliberately bought one of the douchebaggiest hawaiian shirt they had on same super cheap there, and wore it for a day.

I got the nastiest of looks I have ever seen from tourists and locals alike. Tongue
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 21, 2014, 06:33:05 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on June 21, 2014, 09:30:40 AM

Quote from: raydude on June 19, 2014, 01:11:00 PM

Quote from: jztemple2 on June 19, 2014, 12:14:39 AM

Quote from: Rip on June 18, 2014, 11:20:31 PM

I always wondered who it was that bought all those cheesy shirts that only someone on vacation should dare wear.

Now I know.
One man's cheesy is another man's freedom of expression slywink

Or yet another man's attire on "Aloha Fridays" at the Catholic HS in Hawaii. Sooo much better than wearing a shirt and tie.

When I was in Vietnam with family, I deliberately bought one of the douchebaggiest hawaiian shirt they had on same super cheap there, and wore it for a day.

I got the nastiest of looks I have ever seen from tourists and locals alike. Tongue

That's why I go for the classy tropical shirts, or I should say that my wife does, as she picks them out for me. I have no idea, but apparently it has to do with the size of the print, the way the shirt is cut (does the design carry across the center and the pocket), the colors and the material, which should always be silk, although there are different finishes to silk, something else I knew nothing about.

By the way, I updated my Nvidia drivers to the 340.43 beta, still getting a bit of stuttering, but maybe less than before.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 06:36:03 PM by jztemple2 » Logged

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 22, 2014, 03:51:30 AM »

Man, this is killing me. I'm still playing the campaign but I've reached the max level 50 of Aiden, so all these XP points I'm gaining aren't doing anything for me icon_frown

jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 22, 2014, 06:04:30 AM »

Finished the main campaign, 75% completion overall. The main story was pretty lame, and I finally got to the point that I reach in some games that I was just getting through the last few missions just to get it over with. Not that the missions weren't well put together, but the story line just lost my interest and there are only so many times I can do car chases and hacking jobs. I'll go back and do some more of the side missions sometime. I've put in 57 hours on the game, so I've come close to my one dollar per one hour of gameplay ratio I like to achieve.

YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: June 22, 2014, 10:27:56 PM »

Traded in Watch Dogs today for $42.50 credit towards The Last of Us Remastered. I was not going to trade in any games this generation, but when they're giving those kinds of crazy trade-in values it's really hard to resist.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: