http://gamingtrend.com
April 18, 2014, 07:52:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVD/PC/Console PR] - Fans Line Up For Midnight Star Wars  (Read 1327 times)
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« on: September 20, 2004, 07:17:10 PM »

Grabbed this one out of my local PR source. So...who here is lining up to get the DVD Trilogy (and the only good Star Wars movies IMHO), tonight? I know I'm not. I have better things to do.

Fans Line Up For Midnight Release Of The Star Wars Trilogy DVD and Star Wars Battlefront At Select Best Buy Stores; Select Stores Open at Midnight to Meet Demand

for Monday-Tuesday (Sept. 20-21)

--(BUSINESS WIRE)--

What:  Timed to coincide with the worldwide release of the Star Wars Trilogy(TM) and LucasArts' new game, Star Wars Battlefront, select Best Buy stores are set to celebrate the release of the Trilogy on DVD and the debut of Battlefront with fans across the U.S at Midnight Opening events starting Monday night, Sept. 20, extending into the early hours of Tuesday morning, Sept. 21.

Star Wars fans have been anticipating the Trilogy DVD release for years, and now with Star Wars Battlefront, fans can live their favorite Star Wars battles on the following platforms: the PlayStation2 computer entertainment system, the Xbox video game system from Microsoft and for the PC.  Welcoming all fans,film enthusiasts and gamers, the festivities, music, and events, including Star Wars trivia contests, will culminate at 12:01 a.m. on Sept. 21 when participating Best Buy stores open their doors.

Lucky trivia contest winners at each location will take home prize packages that include the DVD set, Star Wars Battlefront, an Xbox video game system, and more.

When:  Monday, Sept. 20
         --  10:30 p.m. -- Festivities, music and trivia contests.

Tuesday, Sept. 21
         --  12:01 a.m. -- Star Wars Trilogy DVD on sale.

Where: The following Best Buy stores are participating in the midnight sales:

DC/Baltimore
         --  Sterling, VA - 45575 Dulles Eastern Plaza
         --  White Marsh, MD - Nottingham Square

California
         --  Westwood - 10861 Weyburn Ave
         --  Riverside - 3900 Tyler Street

Illinois
         --  Chicago - 1000 W. North Avenue

Indiana
         --  Bloomington - 2271 East Third Street

Minnesota
         --  Richfield - 1000 West 78th Street

New York
         --  Westbury - 1100 Old Country Road

Texas
         --  Plano - 2800 North Central Expressway

For more information about Star Wars, visit www.starwars.com

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2004, 07:20:19 PM »

You know, I would, as I plan to buy it at best buy anyways (got a $15 gift card back from when I bought spiderman2), but that's a really short list of locations, and all are hell and gone from me.

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2004, 07:28:16 PM »

Aw fudge...a trivia contest for the 3 big winners?  I was thinking about going to Richfield (it's only 5 miles away) thinking it would be a "put your name in the hat" thing...but now I'll just sit and watch the Vikings on Monday Night Football and not bother lining up.

The 3 big prizes are pretty interesting.  You get an Xbox, Trilogy DVD, Battlefront on Xbox and the main person gets a replica Darth Vader lightsabre or something like that.  They are different versions of Xboxes too.  The top one is an Advance HD Xbox (which I am guessing includes some games) and the other 2 are regular Xboxes or something.  I may know my Star Wars, but there is no way I could stand up to anyone that practically lives in the Star Wars universe and knows everything about it.

I think the last time I did a midnight thing was for the release of one of the Beatles Anthologies and I think a big game came out the same day.  You got something pretty cool for free, but I forget what it was.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2004, 07:28:36 PM »

Nope. Not gonna do it. Wouldn't be prudent at this... juncture!

Besides, I vowed that until the below is proven to be true, I'm not watching them:

biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: