I blatantly ripped the following off of Shacknews, so all opinions etc. do not represent those of this poster. Namely, I would have put ANIMAL CROSSING
in all caps in some annoying color.
Anyways, worth a look for DS owners:
So I was looking around Nintendo's website and came across this list of DS games and was blown away. This system is going to have some kick ass games come out this year and later on down the line. Just check out this amazing list:A Boy and His Blob DS
- Q4 2005 - I loved the original NES game where you fed the blob jellybeans to make him change into different objects. I don't know how I missed this one at E3, but I'm sad I did. This time there's going to be 15 different jellybeans and 15 different levels. Plus, the game looks great.http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gameid=94f43d12-49c2-43dc-8e0e-991323b06c06&Animal Crossing DS
- Q4 2005 - I doubt I really have to explain this game much, but if you liked the GameCube's Animal Crossing, then this is going to be insane. Playable online and with a portable system. Can't go wrong.http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gameid=cd055a64-9a87-421e-8a00-cf13feb0569a&Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
- Q4 2005 - This game looks like another great portable Castlevania game. The movie that's on that website looks fantastic. From what I remember at E3, this game was quite fun as well.http://www.konami.com/gs/gameinfo.php?id=15Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
- TBA - A completely new Crystal Chronicles for the DS. If this is anywhere near the quality of the GameCube version, it will be awesome. I'm sure they'll fix some of the major complaints of that version as well. It might even be able to hook into the Revolution's FF:CC that's being made. I can't wait.http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gameid=6fc90f7e-b5ac-486e-963a-bc857b817388&Guilty Gear Dust Strikers
- Q4 2005 - Up to 4 players at once while battling over two screens and with 21 different characters to choose from. The DS needs a good fighting game, and this one might be it. I know that Guilty Gears X2 was fairly good, so hopefully this one will follow in its footsteps.http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gameid=63b9ed28-4472-4284-937a-dbfb75c53963&Mario and Luigi 2
- Q4 2005 - The original Mario and Luigi was on the GBA and was 20 hours of pure fun. This one doesn't look to be anything less of the same. It'll definitely be something I'm going to pick up this season.http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gameid=c6e9969e-692f-47e1-b82a-8b765cc42fe5&Mario Kart DS
- Q4 2005 - I don't think I even need to explain the greatness of this game. Mario Kart. Online play. Portable. 30 courses. Fan-fucking-tastic.http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gameid=5e3e5dba-3044-4c95-b037-da682d56864b&Metroid Prime Hunters
- Q4 2005 - Some may not have liked the demo that came with the DS, but from what I've heard it's been completely overhauled. The demo was a hackjob that needed to be pushed out as fast as possible to accomidate the release of the DS. I really think this game has the potential to be great. At least something to watch for.http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gameid=06538594-faae-4099-9b2d-c18a91353902New Super Mario Bros.
- TBA - This was one of the games that most excited me at E3. I've been waiting for a new Super Mario game ever since Super Mario World came out. It looks like I won't have to wait much longer. The multiplayer was a blast, and the single player looks nothing short of wonderful. One of my most anticipated games by far.http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gameid=ad5a45fd-b1c2-403c-970a-9e3ffa35a5b8&Nintendogs
- Aug 22, 2005 - This game may not be your cup of tea, but I still think it's going to be a good game. It's one of the reasons that the DS is doing so well in Japan. I think it'll bring in a lot of gamers to the DS that wouldn't normally play a shooter or rpg. At least something to watch.http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gameid=0d8421b7-6c97-48d5-95f1-f11a16bac6a4Sonic Rush
- Q3 2005 - I thought that this game looked good at E3, but I really don't remember that much about it. I'm hoping that it'll have some of the greatness that original series did way back in the day. I have hope for this one.http://www.sega.com/games/game_temp.php?game=sonicrush&id=sonicrush_hp_spTMNT 3: Mutant Nightmare
- Fall 2005 - I can always use a great Turtles beatemup. 50 stages, four player, abilities that evolve. It just sounds great. I've been waiting for another good TMNT game since way back in the nes days.http://www.konami.com/gs/gameinfo.php?id=153&pid=8Trauma Center: Under the Knife
- Winter 2005 - I remember a game way back in the day that was called Life or Death that allowed you to be a doctor and try to help patients. You would operate on them and, using the right tools, would save their life. This game looks pretty similar and may not be most people's type of game, but it looks fun to me.http://www.atlus.com/trauma_center
Also to note, there's apparently a Secret of Mana game that might be tentatively titled World of Mana in the works. I hope it's more like the SNES game than the GBA game as that one kind of sucked. The SNES one though, is one of my all time favorite games.
I have to mention this game, even though it's for the GBA and not the DS specifically (the DS can play it too, of course).Rebelstar Tactical Command
- September 2005 - This is by the guys who made the original X-Com. Turn based sci-fi rpg. So much greatness. It's going to be awesome.http://namco.com/games/rebelstar/