http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 05:47:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [DS] Pokemon Black and White  (Read 4482 times)
wonderpug
Gaming Trend Senior Member

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2011, 02:51:55 AM »

I like this other recent one better:
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2011, 05:48:10 PM »

Tuesday reminder: don't forget to pick up your Casteliacone from Castelia City.  As far as I know, this is the only day of the week it's available.

The fifth gym leader was nothing compared to the fourth.  I'm through to the next city now where I've met the sixth gym leader, but I'll have to do a quest or two before I can challenge her.

So far, my team has consisted primarily of

Dewott (water)
Pignite (fire / fighting)
Servine (grass)
Excadrill (ground / steel)
Boldore (rock)

The sixth slot has been in pretty constant rotation between Zebstrika (electric), Vanillite (ice), or Krokorok (ground / dark) depending on my needs. 

It's a poor team.  I know it's a poor team.  I'm not making nearly enough use of the good dual-types at my disposal.  Any sensible trainer would riffle through my PC Box and easily come up with a half dozen more optimal teams.

But I'm not a sensible trainer.  I like these pokemon.  The starters are cool, and they get cooler as they evolve.  Boldore has a neat tripod shape and Excadrill's got those big clampy claw hands....

So don't look to me for training advice.  I'm just about the worst Pokemon min-maxer around. Tongue

-Autistic Angel
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2011, 06:14:20 PM »

You want to try and evolve that Boldore tonight?
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2011, 06:26:59 PM »

Sure!  Will you be around at about 8:00pm Eastern?  I probably won't be home earlier than that, but then it should just take a couple minutes.

-Autistic Angel
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2011, 06:31:14 PM »

Sounds good, I'll aim to be online at 8.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2011, 12:02:42 AM »

I'm in the Wi-Fi Club room now seeking trade participants. smile

EDIT: Trading now....

EDIT: Hummm...I seem to be stuck at "Stopping Communications... Please Wait."

-Autistic Angel
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 12:05:53 AM by Autistic Angel » Logged
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2011, 12:05:55 AM »

Do you want him to learn Rock Slide?

Right now he has:

Rock Blast, rock, physical, 25 power, 90 accuracy, 2-5 attacks
Iron Defense, raises defense
Power Gem, rock, special, 70 power, 100 accuracy
Headbutt, normal, physical, 70 power, 100 accuracy, can flinch

Rock Slide is a physical move, 75 power, 90 accuracy, can cause flinching.  10/10 moves.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 12:08:51 AM by wonderpug » Logged
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2011, 12:07:10 AM »

Oh, no thanks.  I think that was an option on the last level-up, too.

EDIT: Trade back complete.  Thanks for the help...and for showing me a new pokemon to help fill out the pokedex! icon_cool

-Autistic Angel
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 12:11:50 AM by Autistic Angel » Logged
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2011, 12:12:09 AM »

Ok, didn't want you to miss out on it if you wanted it.  Enjoy!

Litwick's been pretty good so far.  I don't think I've seen fire/ghost as a type combo before. 
Trink
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2011, 12:00:05 PM »

i picked up White the other day, and just got my third badge as well as the Victini pokemon.  I would be interested in trading with people at some point if theres something from white you're looking for.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2011, 04:13:15 PM »

Also, for people who might not have logged in for the last few days, April 1st marked the start of Winter in the game.  Some changes I've noticed:

• Hail storms in the West / Northwest areas that whittle away non-ice-type pokemon during battle.
  • Castelliacones are no longer available in Castellia City.
  • Wild Deerlings have changed color.  Don't forget to catch one and bring it to the Research Facility outside Driftveil City.
  • Cubchoos are appearing in the wild outside Mistralton City.  I don't know if they were common elsewhere during Autumn.
-Autistic Angel
Trink
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2011, 06:52:18 PM »

Just got through Route 4. 

Pignite
Liepard
Tympole
Roggenrolar
Pansage
Woobat

But I am getting stomped pretty hard. 
Trink
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 07, 2011, 03:16:23 PM »

I picked up a Sandile and I am trying to get him leveled up a bit so I can head out farther.

This http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/sigilyph is kicking my butt pretty hard.  I want one or two myself.  Apparently they get one of two innate abilities which are pretty nice as well.

Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 07, 2011, 04:04:48 PM »

I just picked up my seventh gym badge the other day, and from what I've encountered so far, you're right at the toughest point.  Leveling up and evolving your Sandile is probably a good idea: its Dark powers will help against wild Sigilyphs, and any Rock-based attacks you can teach it via TM will probably come in handy very shortly.

Don't worry too much if your team feels underleveled or poorly equipped right now.  You're facing a weird mid-game difficulty spike, but once you beat the next gym leader, I think you'll find things smooth right out again.

-Autistic Angel
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 07, 2011, 04:47:56 PM »

AA how'd you like those caves?  Of all the recurring themes in Pokemon games, I can't understand why long frustrating unending cave mazes are one of them.  Even with a huge stock of repel items it seemed endless.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2011, 03:47:10 PM »

Yeah, the fact that every single square in caves counts as a potential combat zone makes those journeys pretty grinding.  At least Black / White puts sprinkles healing NPCs around between towns so you're not forced to run all the way back to town so often.  I made it through without too much trouble, mostly thanks to Excadril and Emboar.

By the way, I've reached a point where I need a pokemon from Black Version that knows the electric move Charge.  I have a Zebstrika with the move that I'd gladly exchange, at least long enough to complete the quest.

Oh, and don't forget that the Game Sync / Dream World features are supposed to come online tomorrow! icon_cool

-Autistic Angel
Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2011, 01:07:27 AM »

Game Sync/Dream World is online.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 01:09:24 AM by Victoria Raverna » Logged
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2011, 03:00:05 AM »

Quote from: Victoria Raverna on April 13, 2011, 01:07:27 AM

Game Sync/Dream World is online.

I checked it out and it is pretty neat.  Got an Oddish out of it.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Victoria Raverna

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 14, 2011, 02:41:00 PM »

My Friend Code: 4770-7611-7660.
Trink
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 14, 2011, 05:09:30 PM »

i'll have to check it out this weekend.  I am off tomorrow from work, so I have a day I can sit for a bit..smile
Trink
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2011, 11:42:28 AM »

Anyone have a shelmet they are looking to trade for a karablast?  Karablast evolves into Escavalier and Shelmet evolves into Accelgor.  Only through a trade for them thhough.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 21, 2011, 05:13:10 PM »

Quote from: Trink on April 21, 2011, 11:42:28 AM

Anyone have a shelmet they are looking to trade for a karablast?  Karablast evolves into Escavalier and Shelmet evolves into Accelgor.  Only through a trade for them thhough.

I'd go get one to make the trade, but apparently Shelmets become very rare during Winter.  If you're still up for a trade in about 10 days, I'd be glad to make the swap!

In other news, I've beaten the Elite Four and moved into the first post-credit content.  My endgame party was Samurott, Emboar, Serperior, Excadrill, Archeops, and Gigalith (who really should have been swapped out for a proper Psychic, Dark, or Electric-type once I started using Archeops as my Flying / Rock-type.)

Unfortunately, I think I somehow blew my chance to get my Eevee evolution from the Dream World.  I played the Breakout- game and beat Level 4, unlocked Espeon and saved it to my profile...but it never appeared in the forest or as possible choice at the Dream Tree.  Has anyone else here claimed their Eevee evolution that might know what I've missed?

-Autistic Angel
Victoria Raverna

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 21, 2011, 05:21:36 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on April 21, 2011, 05:13:10 PM

I'd go get one to make the trade, but apparently Shelmets become very rare during Winter.  If you're still up for a trade in about 10 days, I'd be glad to make the swap!

In other news, I've beaten the Elite Four and moved into the first post-credit content.  My endgame party was Samurott, Emboar, Serperior, Excadrill, Archeops, and Gigalith (who really should have been swapped out for a proper Psychic, Dark, or Electric-type once I started using Archeops as my Flying / Rock-type.)

Unfortunately, I think I somehow blew my chance to get my Eevee evolution from the Dream World.  I played the Breakout- game and beat Level 4, unlocked Espeon and saved it to my profile...but it never appeared in the forest or as possible choice at the Dream Tree.  Has anyone else here claimed their Eevee evolution that might know what I've missed?

-Autistic Angel

Some people at gamefaqs claimed that the Eevee evolution is not available until next month.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2011, 12:27:45 AM »

Quote from: Victoria Raverna on April 21, 2011, 05:21:36 PM

Quote from: Autistic Angel on April 21, 2011, 05:13:10 PM

-Autistic Angel

Some people at gamefaqs claimed that the Eevee evolution is not available until next month.

The pokemon-gl.com site has an article saying you will get the Eevee in the coming months.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Trink
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 22, 2011, 11:50:45 AM »

isnt there a way to search the global network for people trading pokemon? 
Trink
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 22, 2011, 06:04:25 PM »

my friend code.

2580 3146 6983
Trink
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 24, 2011, 05:55:26 PM »

traded a boldore for a boldore but it did not evolve...any ideas as to why?  It was 24 at the trade, I leveled it up to 25.  and nothing.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 24, 2011, 06:41:27 PM »

When wonderpug and I made the trades, Boldore evolved the moment the exchange was complete.  We didn't even close out the trading session before it was done.

I'm not sure why your trade didn't trigger the evolution, but it should have been completely automatic.

-Autistic Angel
Trink
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 25, 2011, 12:43:07 AM »

could he have possibly not been the right level? 

I did another trade with a karablast to get the shelmet evolve.  That worked right away.  So not sure.  I am going to have to go find another Boldore though as mine is now like 33 and I am quite attached to him and his abilities..smile
Trink
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 27, 2011, 04:49:05 PM »

Due to my own stupidity, the person who traded me the boldore handed it over with a everstone.  Luckily Boldores are in abundance outside of twisty mountain.  so I grabbed one to trade for a gigalith (which i did)  and one to trade to the guy outside route 6 for a emolga.

RIght now I am running with

Emboar
Sigilyph
Scraggy
Kororok
Excadrill
Boldore

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: