http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 09:03:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [DS] Nintendog impressions (yes I'm turning in my man-card)  (Read 5301 times)
TheMissingLink
Gaming Trend Senior Member

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2005, 07:17:20 PM »

I've found you really have to really vary your voice commands.  With my "sit" and "shake", Corky's getting really confused with "spin" so I changed it to "WHIRLWIND!"

The RC Copter pwns, btw.

TheMissingLink on PSN
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2005, 07:35:18 PM »

Quote from: "-Lord Ebonstone-"
Can you starve the dog and beat it from when it's a puppy to steadily turn it into a killing machine?

If you could do that, I would be so IN.  Especially since yesterday they banned owning a pitbull in Toronto.
ChaoZ

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2005, 03:46:48 AM »

I'm almost reluctant to get another dog because I don't want to split my attention.  Bark mode has unlocked the golden retriever breed.  Still not quite as cute as my schnauzer.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2005, 05:52:07 AM »

your face-smashed snot blower
Where is there a "I'm falling down, peeing my pants gif" when you need one?

Really, really sorry to whoever had the Pug, but that is hysterical!

Unfortunately, since we have a real-live, living, breathing, 55 lb., 5 1/2 month old,  hysterically-in-need-of-exercise, German Shepherd puppy... we've only been able to peek (pun: Peke) at Nintendogs once.  Our DS-GS puppy probably has died by now... :cry:

I'd check in on her ("Boo") now - but "Bug" - short for Bugaboo - needs to go out now.  Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
warning

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2005, 08:10:51 PM »

No surprise but this game is selling like hotcakes.   According to the GameSpot article Nintendogs has sold over 250,000 copies in the US in one freaking week.

I bought a copy but my wife has been playing it mostly.  I like to play my DS at work on breaks and during lunch and I just can't see talking to myself at work.  They'd commit me to the psych hospital I work at.

Is there anyway to play the game without talking to it?
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2005, 09:32:54 PM »

I play on campus here and would feel silly speaking into the mic, so I just take Corky on walks, do some disc competitions, that sort of thing.

Good to hear it's selling well.  I've heard that Advance Wars is doing quite well, too.

TheMissingLink on PSN
depward

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2005, 10:44:07 PM »

Yep I play on campus as well.  I tend to do non-speaking sort of aspects, such as just let my doggie play with toys, go on a walk, that sort of thing.

I wouldn't feel too rediculous if I were seen saying, "Lady!  Lady!" at my Nintendo DS out in public.  I cherish my Spanial!

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2005, 01:06:18 PM »

So has anyone gotten laid by direct result of playing Nintendogs yet?

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2005, 01:06:59 AM »

Just picked this one up today.  Getting ready to introduce my new Golden Retriever, Jedi.  I can see this one being as addicting as Animal Crossing, which I still play! biggrin

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
depward

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2005, 03:58:59 AM »

Finally got around to buying another dog tonight.  He's a Yorkshire named Zeus   biggrin

Your "home" gets a lot more nutty when you have two dogs in there.  It's fun to sit them both down and have them learn songs from the keyboard   biggrin

As far as contests are concerned, I also go out and practice with my first doggie, Lady, at both the frisbee and agility contests.  She's Championship caliber in regards to agility, but she just can't get to those 10-point jumping catches that I need in order for a first place finish for the Championship frisbee competition.  Does breed or the description when you get a puppy matter in regards to the dog's athletic ability?

I've read elsewhere that people have "maps" to where to get rare presents on walks.  I haven't referenced them and I never will.  Doesn't that kind of ruin the point of the game?  To randomly get presents?  I dunno.

Still having fun though!  It's a great game!

ChaoZ

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2005, 05:42:45 AM »

Has anybody found a doggy bed or something yet?  It seems kinda cruel to make the dog sleep on a cold floor.

Also, found this strip kinda amusing:

depward

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2005, 08:13:39 AM »

Quote from: "ChaoZ"
Has anybody found a doggy bed or something yet?  It seems kinda cruel to make the dog sleep on a cold floor.

Also, found this strip kinda amusing:

Nope, sadly I don't think there is any sort of bed you can get for you dog(s).  That would have been a pretty neat feature though.

Finally went to the Interior Designer and bought that Asian $5,000.00 place.  We'll see how it looks tomorrow!

My dogs kick bum at the Agility Trial!

PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2005, 04:38:14 AM »

I've held out on picking this one up, and I'm glad I did! My daughter just got a copy yesterday, and I've heard her trying to get her pups to cooperate: sit....sit...SIT...SSIITT...stupid dog...

Just what I need - a game I have to talk to constantly and be ignored by it.

I'm definitely passing on this one.

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: