http://gamingtrend.com
April 25, 2014, 03:01:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [City of Heroes] Issue 3 info - Epic ATs on the way  (Read 3578 times)
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2004, 02:25:54 PM »

The Kheldians are coming, and you can play one of the alien energy beings starting in Issue 3. You'll have to get a character to level 50 first, though, so if you've been thinking of coming back, now is a great time to do it so you're ready when Issue 3 hits.

Also in issue 3: new chat system (apparently pushed back til then), mission slider, a new zone and a new villain group.

Read the rest of the interview right here

There's still plenty of space in the Wanderers Supergroup. Those interested in joining us on Virtue can follow the link in my sig.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 05:12:34 PM »

Have they added any superpowers or skills since launch?  I remember the game fondly, but it just got old after a while.  I promised myself I'd return every now and then to check it out, though.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 05:19:14 PM »

GG: Why is it heroes are limited to one server, I've wondered why we can't export and import our creations to another server and thereby fight in differing environs?

CoH: This is a feature which we'll be adding in the near future.

Nice.

- Don

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 05:34:25 PM »

Quote from: "hepcat"
Have they added any superpowers or skills since launch?  I remember the game fondly, but it just got old after a while.  I promised myself I'd return every now and then to check it out, though.

No, but one would presume that the new Kheldians will include some nifty new things. There have also been indications that they are working on shapeshifting...I have a feeling that this could have something to do with the new villain group and that if all goes well, we could eventually see shifting heroes.

Other power sets that are rumored to be in the works (no idea when we'll see them) include bows, plant control, magnetism, sonic powers and others.

There have also been persistent rumors of a winged AT, but I can't tell you if that is the Kheldians or something else.

They have added more temporary powers. Also, the badge system is new with issue 2, and you can get some abilities via accolades, but they are more "neat" than something that would bring you scurrying back on their own.

Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2004, 05:35:49 PM »

Quote from: "DonD"
GG: Why is it heroes are limited to one server, I've wondered why we can't export and import our creations to another server and thereby fight in differing environs?

CoH: This is a feature which we'll be adding in the near future.

Nice.

- Don

That is nice. I know that folks that play on other servers have occasionally lamented they can't join us on virtue (and don't feel like starting over, for which I don't blame them). We could easily pick up a few more people when this happens, which would be fantastic.

gwartok
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2004, 06:26:49 PM »

Where are you all playing now? I know there was some discussion of merging the wanderers and GG supergroups on the old boards but didn't keep up with it. Did anything ever come of it?
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2004, 07:27:49 PM »

Quote from: "gwartok"
Where are you all playing now? I know there was some discussion of merging the wanderers and GG supergroups on the old boards but didn't keep up with it. Did anything ever come of it?

Actually, yes, thanks to Ant_Man, mostly. He, Knighterrant, Docker, Blood Healer, Sacastica, High Commander, Commander Kean, West Star and some others that have slipped my mind have joined up with the Wanderers.

I believe we had 9 people online at one time last night, which isn't too bad.

More = better, so we'd welcome your company. What's your character's name?

DonD

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2004, 11:25:15 PM »

The Wanderers and what is left of the GG Supergroup that still hasn't merged are still on Virtue.

- Don

gwartok
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2004, 02:48:07 AM »

Quote from: "Misguided"
More = better, so we'd welcome your company. What's your character's name?

The only toon I have on Virtue is The Hexadecimator, who just hit 12 today. I've mostly been playing on Pinnacle and Justice but I don't have any chars over 20 so if you don't mind low levels joining I'll plan on moving to Virtue full-time.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2004, 03:51:22 AM »

Hmm...the mission slider thing has me intrigued.  The main reason I stopped was that my controller was simply too good at what he did.  I could walk into an group of mobs, and have them all locked down indefinitely within five seconds.  Strangely, that lead to feelings of guilt about making the game boring for the folks I was grouped with.

Does anyone know if they've balanced things better since July?  Is the mission slider supposed to make the missions significantly more difficult?  

If they could rebalance the post-20 game to where it is pre-20, they'd have me and Hard Fire back in a heartbeat.

RevenantSoul
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2004, 04:12:39 AM »

I have been playing on Guardian but my friends who were playing have quit and would love to join you on if you will have the RevenantSpawn
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2004, 04:15:01 AM »

Quote from: "Chaz"
Does anyone know if they've balanced things better since July?  Is the mission slider supposed to make the missions significantly more difficult?  

Not yet, but they're working on it internally right now. They know the high-end game is too easy right now. They want to toughen it up to the point that there is something worthwhile for larger groups to do. The mission slider will also rock when you have a group with a bunch of SKs.

I'm having a great time with my controller HF...trying to claw my way toward 50. Been duoing with scrappers a lot, which is great fun.

Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2004, 04:27:45 AM »

Quote from: "RevenantSoul"
I have been playing on Guardian but my friends who were playing have quit and would love to join you on if you will have the RevenantSpawn

We'd be glad to have you aboard.

Gwartok is taken care of, but I couldn't add you to my friends list as RevenantSpawn. Is that the right name? I'll be on again tomorrow evening.

RevenantSoul
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2004, 04:57:56 AM »

I am going to log in and create my character on that server tonight....and that is the correct name....thanks for the invite!! biggrin
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2004, 02:06:18 PM »

Absolutely, I'll see you on Virtue this evening.

DonD

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2004, 02:33:35 PM »

I have a bunch of lower level alts (up to about L14), and wouldn't mind playing with some of the lower level toons here.

I've been playing Docker and Drakira the most lately, so those are the one's you'll want to watch for.  I can then swap over to one of the others or just sidekick you.

- Don

Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2004, 03:05:59 PM »

*nods* I have alts I can play too if need arises.
I've been a bit selfish lately trying to push Inspectre up (30.5 now), but the climb to 50 takes some time biggrin

YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2004, 06:01:39 PM »

I've been tinkering around with my tanker on Virtue named Incendium. If any of you Wanderers see me on, please give me a shout!
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2004, 07:20:36 PM »

Quote from: "YellowKing"
I've been tinkering around with my tanker on Virtue named Incendium. If any of you Wanderers see me on, please give me a shout!

Will do!

DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2004, 11:27:59 PM »

I've got several characters on virtue (all lower level though). I'm super-busy in real life so only get to play a few hours a week, but would love to meet up with any other golders online.

I'll update this post with a list of my toon's later tonight
Dramatist
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2004, 11:31:52 PM »

I've been able to play during my lunch hr. a bit, but not at night lately.

As long as the Astros are in the playoffs, I'll be more scarce in CoH.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2004, 11:45:32 PM »

Quote from: "DarkEL"
I've got several characters on virtue (all lower level though). I'm super-busy in real life so only get to play a few hours a week, but would love to meet up with any other golders online.

I'll update this post with a list of my toon's later tonight

Lower level is fine. The link in my sig leads to instructions for joining up with the Wanderers, if you'd like to do that. If you're going to be online infrequently, then you might want to head over there first. Then, you can let me know which character you'd like to use.

Of course, it's great to have people playing regularly, but I realize that some of you have lives beyond the game, unlike me smile

Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2004, 02:56:24 AM »

I am going to log in and create my character on that server tonight....and that is the correct name....thanks for the invite!! biggrin

Tried to add you to my friends list tonight but the character doesn't seem to exist.

RevenantSoul
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2004, 03:40:46 PM »

My Characters name is Revenant Spawn....He is created and up to level 4 now...I should be on most evenings now.  It will be nice to have a group to play with again!
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2004, 04:28:05 PM »

I've been granted invite powers for the Wanderers.  Since I'm out of work, I'm on quite a bit.  Add Drakira to your friends list and give me a tell when you see me and I'll get you added.

- Don

Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2004, 05:33:55 PM »

My Characters name is Revenant Spawn....He is created and up to level 4 now...I should be on most evenings now.  It will be nice to have a group to play with again!

Cool! I look forward to seeing you. FYI, Morlac is playing a new scrapper. He was level 5 as of last night.

Participation has been climbing steadily over the last 2-3 weeks, which has been fantastic.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: