http://gamingtrend.com
April 19, 2014, 12:54:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [all formats] Need for Speed Shift Time Challenge  (Read 520 times)
Tals
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2009, 09:10:23 AM »

I don't know how many are playing this game, but i'm hoping a few on the various formats (PS3/XBox 360 and PC). On another forum we are basically picking a circuit and car and then doing a timeattack on it for the week to see who can get the best time. Adds a bit of a dimension to the game.

I've used the rules from the other forum, depending on interest will depend on how long we do this

Rules:

* To avoid any cheating, the car can be tuned and upgraded to whatever you want. (Can't say use a standard car 'cos people may slap a sneaky racing exhaust in there!)
    * Proof of the laptime will be provided in this thread by either screenshot or photograph. This means that this tournament is open to all versions of the game on either PC or consoles.
    * Lap must be set in Time Attack mode along with a rolling start, or any lap thereafter.
    * The winner of the round should pm me with their selected car and track for the following round no later than Monday at 6pm. Failure to do this will result in using the runner up's selected nominations. This is because people are eager to start playing and any delays are just plain irritating.
    * Screenshots must be taken at the end of the session. Laptimes will not be included from mid race as these times show illegal lap times where corner cuts may have been taken.
    * There is an NFS real mod available. I haven't tested it so I have no idea if it will improve times. As it's a modification to the game, this will not be allowed.

Week 1: BMW M3 E92 & Glendale West

Name               Best Time
Tals                57.120
Denoginizer      

I suggest we go for a short week this week, so post times (with screenshots/photos) and we'll have the winner announced Monday - he then chooses the next circuit/car by pming me.

Feel free to either indicate joining or posting a time, people can join in subsequent weeks - so no worries about being late to the party
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 09:05:26 PM by Tals » Logged

Currently Playing: Psyconauts, lol, wee raptr: Tals Steam: Talsworthy
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 12:52:12 PM »

I'm in.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 09:04:56 PM »

OK first submission smile Taken 6 seconds off my time this morning but from the other forum they're posting anything up to 51 secs so still some work todo frown

Tals

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 10:02:07 PM »

This was hard but so worth it smile

Windows95
Gaming Trend Reader

Uses only Genuine Microsoft Software!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 12:55:27 AM »

I'll probably join in once I get a little more practice time.  Btw, what handling model is being used?  The handling model changes vehicle grip, centre of gravity, etc., so it will really make a difference to lap times.  A quick test run showed me only 2 seconds off your time on casual, and a full 12 seconds off on pro.

16-bit and loving it!
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 05:09:17 AM »

I play on experienced which I think is a good balance. But I'd suggest that players go for what they play with as there is no way of proving. My current car is modded to yier 2 (as that is my driving level at the mo) and I suspect most will only be able to play at the level they play at i.e I wouldn't want to play at either pro or casual.

Casual is shocking in how it assists but I suspect you wouldn't be able to improve much on that whereas I'm still confident I could shave maybe a further couple of seconds on my time with more practice.

We could always post the level we play at and the controller we use. I use an xbox 360 controller.

Would the preference be to keep this track and car for next week to give people more time?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 05:21:20 AM by Tals » Logged

denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 01:52:47 PM »

I haven't had a chance to try the challenge yet.  I play on the 360 with a the MS FF Wheel.  I think I could actually get better lap times with the regular 360 controller, but it's not as fun.   icon_biggrin

I have been using the medium driver model so far. 

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Geezer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 03:29:47 PM »

I've been out of town all week but I'll get in on this this weekend maybe smile
Tals

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2009, 09:14:58 AM »

We'll keep this circuit/car for next week to give people time to post some scores, to keep you challenged smile

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: