http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 04:54:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360/PS3/Wii U]Injustice:Gods Among Us(DC fighting game from MK makers)  (Read 934 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2012, 02:38:29 PM »

I probably wont be getting this game,but i know there are massive fighting game fans out there that will love this

and really,i just want to point out the pretty damn awesome picture icon_biggrin

http://kotaku.com/5914554/were-getting-a-dc-fighting-game-from-the-makers-of-mortal-kombat

trailer and link to the official website in the kotaku link

What's this? An official Injustice website featuring Superman, Wonder Woman and The Flash? Perhaps DC Comics' superheroes will be joining an 'Injustice League' for a new fighting game, brought to what seems to be advertised as the Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii U. In 2008, the same team made Mortal Kombat vs. D.C. Universe, so they have some experience letting Superman and Batman beat each other up.

If you head over to the official Facebook page for Injustice: Gods Among Us, you can see a few more characters including Harley Quinn and Solomon Grundy.

GameSpot also has the announcement trailer, embedded for you below. Getting a closer look at our villains and heroes you can tell that they seem to be wearing custom designed costumes. That and some scary-looking facial expressions.

We'll be seeing the game very soon at E3, so hang tight for impressions.

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 03:40:09 PM »

Just watched the trailer, I guess they are using Nolan's version of Batman for the game?

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 04:25:00 PM »

They look like the post 52 costumes to me.  Bleh.

Still, it looks like it could be cool.  I liked the DC v MK game.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 12:42:47 AM »

Here's some gameplay.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 11:19:15 AM »

I think superman is going to win.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 12:38:56 PM »

watched the demonstration/walkthrough with ed boon at Evo.  Looks good (to watch), not sure it has anything to offer me as a fighting gamer though.  Just seemed overall visually impressive and visceral.  Should be a good casual game.
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 06:57:07 PM »

THis due next month and is looking really good.

http://www.injustice.com/en/game-info

Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 12:33:04 AM »

Game is out apparently.

I just read the GT review, which got me all excited. Then I read the Gamespot review which in comparison confuses me. From the GT review I got the sense that there is an extensive tutorial system that teaches moves of the characters and other various nuances of the fighting system. In the Gamespot review, this bit seems flat out contradictory:

"If you're new to fighting games, you'll find Injustice's educational options disappointingly sparse. An extremely basic tutorial runs first-time fighters through the fundamentals, and that's it. There's a practice mode, but any information on fighting game theory or character-specific instructions is left to independent study. The S.T.A.R. Labs missions, Injustice's version of MK's challenge tower, offer some character-specific instruction, but are more of an enjoyable distraction than a way to prepare for real combat.

To further compound the confusion, other, lesser features are left completely unexplained."

I tried the demo, which I liked, and I trust GT reviews more than Gamespot reviews, but the differences in the reviews are...interesting.
greeneggsnham
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 01:58:30 AM »

I just watched my son go though some of the tutorials. It seemed to cover most of the moves, and I though there were some character specific combos it had him do.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2013, 07:00:57 AM »

I think Proner asked my impressions on the 360 version....

And I can really say is that the GT review and the Kotaku review for Injustice completely mirror my own opinion of the game, which is fantastic. I've been a little down these past couple weeks, and playing Injustice for a few hours was the only game that put a smile on my face

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2013, 08:28:49 AM »

Yeah the front page review was a great read, i get my copy today due to the uk dodgy release day of friday. Have to admit im really looking forward to it even though im pretty useless at these games

Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2013, 06:50:03 AM »

Cross Post from QT3

OK got this yesterday and played for a few hours. The first thing I have realised is my 2 different Xbox360 controllers are rubbish for this game. I have real difficulty at times doing a straight left or right or diagonal at times. It's very frustrating.

Now to the game, as a novice and unskilled fighter it's been superb so far. The fighting has a fair bit of variety even though my skills are limited. There are plenty of basic moves and teh ability to block by pushing back is really simple, I haven't made any super special moves yet but a fair few of my opponents have and they are pretty great. I like the scenery interaction and kicking people through levels is also very good.

I am really enjoying the storyline, while pretty simple it certainly works and shows who fights who and why, I love some of the characters The Joker is great and I really enjoy fighting with him and also Aquaman. Batman is ok and not a great fan of The Green Lantern.

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2013, 07:19:43 AM »

Watch places like Buy.com and such - you can pick up fighting sticks on the cheap.  Know those awesome Street Fighter sticks from MatCatz?   The ones that are over 100 bucks a piece?  Yea the wrestling themed ones were 20 bucks the other day.   Same stick, different graphics, who cares.   It's the only way to play.  smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 08:03:18 PM »

Been enjoying this one the past couple weeks.  I suck at fighting games but on Easy mode I can generally win and advance the storyline, which I find pretty intriguing.

Does anyone happen to have the free email code for the CW TV Series Arrow skin (PS3) they aren't using?  Just thought I'd ask.
sgoldj
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2013, 11:57:51 AM »

Picked this up yesterday for real cheap at Best Buy (price match, reward zone, gift card brought it down to $2). Then I went through the story mode. Pretty good, light plot, fun dialog. I enjoyed seeing dome of the non-traditional looks for the Elseworld heroes.

Now on to battles to see the endings. Any reason to keep the game after that?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2013, 08:36:26 PM »

the demo totally did not click with me, but luckily the Ultimate Edition of this game will be coming to the PC (and 360, Ps3, Ps4 and Vita) so I can look forward to it eventually being a ridiculously low price for all the content.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2013, 12:05:58 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on October 07, 2013, 08:36:26 PM

the demo totally did not click with me, but luckily the Ultimate Edition of this game will be coming to the PC (and 360, Ps3, Ps4 and Vita) so I can look forward to it eventually being a ridiculously low price for all the content.

I am looking forward to getting it for the PS4 and Vita. What's with the no XBone version? Don't want to compete against Killer Instinct?

Anyway, the PS4 now has a launch fighter! smile

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2013, 04:21:45 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on April 20, 2013, 07:19:43 AM

Watch places like Buy.com and such - you can pick up fighting sticks on the cheap.  Know those awesome Street Fighter sticks from MatCatz?   The ones that are over 100 bucks a piece?  Yea the wrestling themed ones were 20 bucks the other day.   Same stick, different graphics, who cares.   It's the only way to play.  smile

Just wanted to chime in with regard to fighting sticks. I bought myself the qanba q1 after seeing a review of it by a youtube guy who posts fighting game videos. His review is here. Injustice input test at 6 minute mark.

It works flawlessly on the PC. I've been using it to play skullgirls on steam and it really makes pulling off combos and special attacks a lot easier. A really good stick for the price.

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: