http://gamingtrend.com
November 24, 2014, 02:03:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC/360/PS3/Wii]Epic Mickey 2  (Read 704 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 01, 2012, 04:18:06 PM »

Rumoured for this Fall

Its also to feature Split Screen Co-Op(Mickey and Oswald the Lucky Rabbit)I never got to play the first game with it being Wii exclusive so looking forward to playing this

for those who don't like clicking on a Kotaku link:
An online newsletter from Disney has again confirmed long-circulating rumors about Epic Mickey 2, and says the game will release on PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii in Fall 2012, reports the site StitchKingdom.com.

The original Epic Mickey, released in 2010, was a Wii-only title. Epic Mickey 2 will feature cooperative multiplayer play, according to the newsletter. Destructoid reported the same rumor, also coming from a marketing survey, back in August, though at the time no launch window was given.

The co-op play will apparently be a two-player split-screen mode, in which one player plays as Mickey and the other as Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, who was Walt Disney's first cartoon star.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 06:43:53 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 04:33:39 PM »

Looking forward to this. Last game had some issues, that if I remember correctly, could have been easily fixed.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 04:48:15 PM »

This reminds me I need to borrow my friend's copy of Epic Mickey and finally play it.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 06:23:29 PM »

Gods how I wished they'd stuck with the original vision - Hell, they have Warren Spector working on it, and it came out as this? I guess a ruined disneyland wasn't a good thing for the PR department.

A new one
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 01:33:55 AM »

woohoo!  November 18th launch, and you might want to add PC to the title biggrin

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 06:44:45 AM »

Done

and November is again starting to get crowded a little now

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 04:50:31 PM »

demo is out for the 360.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 06:29:14 PM »

I played the PS3 and the 3DS demos yesterday. 

The PS3 version seems like it will be a great co-op experience.  Mickey and Oswald each have their own abilities that you need to use in tandem to get through the levels.  Oswald can  fly short distances and Mickey can grab onto his feet similar to Tails and Sonic.  Mickey of course has his paint brush and Oswald also can interface with machines.  Co-op is drop in at anytime and the AI fills in when a human isn't controlling the second player.  The only problem here is that from what I've read there is no online co-op which is really going to limit it's potential.

The 3DS version is an entirely different experience.  At first I didn't care for it; Mickey feels very slow and floaty compared to most modern platformers.  The further I got into though the more I appreciated what they were doing and when I reached the end of the demo I wanted more.  The game-play mixes classic Castle of Illusion platforming with an almost Metroidvania style of upgrade progression.  Rescuing Disney characters gives you access to new abilities and new quests which leads to even more powers and abilities.  One early chain was upon rescuing Scrooge he requested that I find his lucky coin so he could open a store.  After finding his coin he opened a shop where I could upgrade my health, damage, and paint efficiency.  All the characters seemed to have similar quests to some degree.  In the end my only complaint with this one was that I dislike how much it uses the touchscreen.  I really hate having to keep the stylus out when playing a game.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: