http://gamingtrend.com
August 31, 2014, 06:53:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CD Projekt Red - Cyberpunk 2077  (Read 1922 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2012, 11:00:40 AM »

Great News

If the retailers aren't talking shit

The original Witcher is in line for release on PS3 and Xbox 360, according to multiple retailer listings.

CoolShop UK is carrying a listing for a PS3 version of CD Projekt's RPG, while Blockbuster lists both PS3 and Xbox 360 versions, as spotted by Gamers Globe.

Development of The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf for consoles was halted in 2009 due to financing problems.

But the subsequent success of The Witcher 2 on PC and Xbox 360 - CD Projekt sold 1.5 million games in The Witcher franchise in 2011 - may have afforded the company the license to rethink its console launch plans for the original.

CD Projekt said last week it's planning to drop a "major announcement" at its summer conference tomorrow. The cat may already be out of the bag, but with multiple projects on the go, including two new RPGs, we're hoping it has something even more exciting to reveal.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 05:44:14 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 02:28:23 PM »

well if it is coming,they wont be announcing it tomorrow

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-29-witcher-2-dev-to-reveal-first-details-on-second-triple-a-rpg-tomorrow

but at least there is a new AAA game being announced tomorrow

"We are gearing up for our upcoming conference and we have encountered some speculations concerning what we will be announcing.

"We would like to share some light about what will happen tomorrow. In regard to the Witcher, we are planning some surprises for the second half of the year and for the next year, but during the conference we will sum-up The Witcher and Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition also, we will give a bunch of new information. To make it really clear - we will not be announcing Witcher 1 for consoles.

"The major announcement on the conference tomorrow is related to the gun icon on cdpred.com career page. We will give you the first bit of information about our second AAA RPG in development. We have some really exciting news to share, so make sure join us at 5PM GMT on our live-stream: facebook.com/thewitcher."

Okay,changing the title of this thread

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 03:26:49 PM »

This is great news if its true. I'd buy and play Witcher 1 again if it was available for the 360. I just hope they're able to optimize it better as the PC version had some frame rate issues in certain sections/locations. I also hope it doesn't mean changing the PC games RPG play mechanics, because despite enjoying Witcher 2 I still prefer the attribute and skills matrix of the original.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 07:10:46 PM »

First artwork from tomorrow's unannounced RPG

Looks the exact opposite it could be from The Witcher,some Futuristic type game,very interested though

from eurogamer

USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 07:13:20 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 29, 2012, 07:10:46 PM

First artwork from tomorrow's unannounced RPG

Looks the exact opposite it could be from The Witcher,some Futuristic type game,very interested though

from eurogamer

Looks like something that could be out of the Shadowrun 'verse. 

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 07:18:51 PM »

the word i was looking for instead of 'some Futuristic type game'...was Cyberpunk Tongue

I have never played Shadowrun,Kato..the first game i thought of was Deus Ex(Invisible War actually)

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 07:36:14 PM »

just crossposted this over in PCville.  considering their history I have to wonder if this will be multiplatform right away, or if it will be PC then other versions later.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 08:16:00 PM »

A cyberpunk game with Witcher stylings?

Yes, please.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 11:37:24 PM »

having just played the witcher series for the first time, on pc - im in in in!

plus gotta love the cyberpunk look - spot on with shadowrun kato - PLEASE be either 1) shadowrun IP  or 2) blatant but loving rip off of shadowrun
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 09:25:20 AM »

Two shadowrun games, and two Xcom games! THe world MUST be ending :-D

A new one
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 09:52:51 AM »

Quote from: Razgon on May 30, 2012, 09:25:20 AM

Two shadowrun games

I doubt it very much. Just because something is cyberpunk doesn't mean it's Shadowrun.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2012, 09:56:40 AM »

yes yes, but a man can dream, right? Also, looking at the picture, it definitely screams Shadowrun, making it fine even if its just Cyberpunk.

Still very excited no matter what moniker you put in front of the game ;-)

A new one
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2012, 03:22:47 PM »

I can't fathom why people think this is Shadowrun, considering there's already a kickstarter project well under way with Catalysts Games Lab (the IP owner) involved with it.

Quote from: TiLT on May 30, 2012, 09:52:51 AM

I doubt it very much. Just because something is cyberpunk doesn't mean it's Shadowrun.

Hellalujah to that. For cyberpunk RPGs I'm a much bigger fan of Interface Zero.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2012, 03:38:26 PM »

Those looking for details on CD Projekt Red's Summer conference, Here's the date and time: 30th May 2012 at 5:00 PM GMT

And for those wishing to view it on a site other than facebook, it's also hosted on this GOG.COM webpage
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 03:41:34 PM by kronovan » Logged
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 05:18:02 PM »

watching now,thanks Kron

The Witcher 2 is coming to Mac

The new game is Cyberpunk

based on the pen and paper game

-Mature RPG,realistic world,he mentions BladeRunner to compare

-Non Linear story

-Various character classes to be announced at a later date

-shitload of weapons,upgrades and implants

« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 05:25:54 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 05:30:08 PM »

Using the Cyberpunk system - meh. For a P'n'P its a notch below both Shardowrun and Interface Zero IMO. Hopefully CDPR can improve upon it.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012, 05:32:05 PM »

I can't say i have heard of it to be honest(the P+P game),still interested though...just waiting to see if its on the 360  icon_confused

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2012, 06:02:18 PM »

Well that was quite bleh. That audience was dead, don't they know you don't have to wait until the end to applaud. Can't believe they didn't applaud for some of CDPR's achievements and accolades. Me thinks they need to oil their crowd with booze next time - this did afterall occur after their happy hour.  icon_biggrin
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012, 06:07:12 PM »

Don`t know what to think about them going with R Talsorians Game`s Cyberpunk setting. Having been around for decades, its certainly got some fanbase. I can see where the Interlock RPG system is uses might actually work better in a videogame, but man there`s some real clunky play mechanics in that system. CDPR`s a good dev studio though, so if they really just adapt the flavor of the setting to their own system it should be good.
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2012, 06:48:36 PM »

at least if its clunky in pnp, in a video game it hopefully wont seem as much so as a lot of stuff is handled in the background by automated systems.

kronovan im not familiar with the source - care to give some highlights of the system if you have minute?  i know youre really up to date on a lot of the mechanics of many pnp rpgs so im curious how it "stacks up" and some of the features or lack thereof; compared to other rulesets
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2012, 07:54:44 PM »

Quote from: Doopri on May 30, 2012, 06:48:36 PM

kronovan im not familiar with the source - care to give some highlights of the system if you have minute?  i know youre really up to date on a lot of the mechanics of many pnp rpgs so im curious how it "stacks up" and some of the features or lack thereof; compared to other rulesets

In a nutshell, hmm... Cyberpunk/interlock is a skills-based rpg that uses a stat and skill matrix but features classes called roles. Its a bit schizoid in that regard though, as roles IMO were emphasized in it more than they really should have been. Contrast that to Shadowrun where archetypes are not nearly as emphasized and Interface Zero's (the Savage World edition) which uses professional edges that aren't really classes at all.  My personal feeling about a good Cyberpunk system is that it should be as skills-based as possible and both SR and IZ do that very well. I also don`t think the dice mechanics in CP are that good. Both SR and IZ have exploding dice systems that are very slick,  streamlined and entertaining. CP in contrast just seems...well akward and boring. Dice mechanics shouldn't be that important when translating it to a videogame, but the statistical/probability system would be. The underlying systems in that regard are much better in SR and IZ as they both safeguard against wild probability swings, so players get to expect more consistent results for using their skills or taking actions. If CDPR did a direct translation of the interlock system -I doubt they will- I`d have some concerns about combat and skill usage. All of them have cool takes on a Cyberpunk world, but again I'd give the edge to SR and IZ as both have markedly better writing in the books and more creativity in the settings and unique features. That said, I`ve read far fewer of the CP books than the SR or IZ ones.

Apparently Cyberpunk2020 was only the 2nd PnP to be translated into Polish, so that's likely why CDPR went with it. IMO the correct approach would be to just adapt the flavor of the setting -I know from experience that's true when going in the other direction- to their own system. I think if they do that they'll come up with an excellent game.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2012, 06:01:54 AM »

Well I digitally dug out my Cyberpunk v3 PDF after work today. After browsing it to reaquaint myself with it I have to say it is 1 terrible cyberpunk PnP setting - actually far worse than I remembered. I recalled that the play mechanics were the weakness, but its the setting that`s the true weak link. You always have to suspend belief with these cyberpunk settings, but this one is so far out in left field that it's just laughable. Good God, Shadowrun with its "Cyberpunk with Elves" seems far more believable than this! I wish I could say something good about the book, but there's very little. Believe it or not, the artwork is comprised of pictures of Ken and Barbie type action figures, decked out in gear - ok 1 or 2 of the photos aren't bad.  Roll Eyes  

Anyhow, I noticed in the conference today that the logo used was for CP2020 and not v3, which IIRC had the better written and more credible setting background. Here`s hoping CDPR is going with that for the settings source material.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 06:26:54 AM by kronovan » Logged
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2012, 06:35:00 AM »

TBH I would rather have a ShadowRun RPG with the meta races and magic rather than a straight human world. I'll take what I can get as long as it's good though.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2012, 06:42:21 AM »

Well, the races aside, its basically shadowrun as well in style if not substance :-)

Very very nice indeed! Such a great resurgence of old genres. I do wonder if this combined with Hollywood reboots means we as a race are creatively dead by now?

A new one
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2012, 11:45:32 AM »

don't forget 2 mechwarrior games as well!
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2012, 12:02:55 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on May 31, 2012, 06:42:21 AM

Well, the races aside, its basically shadowrun as well in style if not substance :-)

About the only thing the Cyberpunk source setting holds in common with Shadowrun is they both feature aspects of the Cyberpunk genre. Trust me, it doesn't hold a candle to Shadowrun in "style or substance". You don't have to take my word on it though, this person's review on RPG.NET pretty much sums it up.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2012, 12:07:10 PM »

I've played a TON of Cyberpunk and even more Shadowrun, mainly as a Gamemaster so yeah, I know the games :-)

I did stay away from the 2030 though, and as I understand it, thats what kinda ruined the game?

Quote from: Harkonis on May 31, 2012, 11:45:32 AM

don't forget 2 mechwarrior games as well!

hah, yeah! Its a bit crazy. I honestly can't tell them apart anymore

Edit: About Cyberpunk - I actually kinda assume they will use the setting and flavor as a base for the game, and not force the PnP system onto a game. There's a big difference between the two mediums, so I was kinda assuming since they seem like pretty smart guys, that they'd just use what works, and discard the rest while focusing on getting the world, technology and feel right from Cyberpunk.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 12:09:19 PM by Razgon » Logged

A new one
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2012, 12:15:34 PM »

The words 'Cyberpunk'(The Name),'BladeRunner'(The Influence) and 'RPG'(mature one at that) is enough for me especially from these guys

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2012, 10:04:02 PM »

they're announcing the official name on October 18th.

Because I can,
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2012, 10:45:15 PM »

Announcement of the game's existence to announcement of the name in four months - At this rate, we might get to see some screenshots by 2014 slywink

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2012, 10:27:31 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 25, 2012, 10:04:02 PM

oh,Cyberpunk is not the name?...weird

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2012, 07:43:33 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 26, 2012, 10:27:31 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on September 25, 2012, 10:04:02 PM

oh,Cyberpunk is not the name?...weird

nope, the official name is:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Because I can,
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2013, 10:22:52 PM »

Trailer

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2013, 05:43:27 AM »

cool stuff,hope its for consoles as well,someone in the comments section linked to a Eurogamer article from last February saying Projekt Red were working on Two multi-plat PC and Next Gen console titles

and with rumours that The Witcher 3 is the other,then it could be a good chance its true

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-17-witcher-devs-two-2014-2015-aaa-games-are-simultaneous-pc-next-gen-console-releases

Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2013, 02:16:23 PM »

If the goal of that teaser was to get me pumped for a game at least two years off, then mission accomplished.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2013, 03:36:05 PM »

I'm a sucker for sci-fi neuromancer/blade runner settings.  I wish they didn't tease the game 2 years out from the release though.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2013, 05:12:11 PM »

Looks good.  like the mix of blade runner/ Deus Ex

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2013, 01:27:10 PM »

Cyberpunk 2020 co-creator talks source material

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2013, 02:21:12 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on January 11, 2013, 03:36:05 PM

I'm a sucker for sci-fi neuromancer/blade runner settings.  I wish they didn't tease the game 2 years out from the release though.

Yeah, this has ALWAYS been my pet peeve. They pull this crap with movies, too. A few weeks ago my girlfriend and I were at the theater, and one of the coming attractions was for early 2014. WTF?!  Good thing they told me now! Gives me time to reschedule my yearly colonoscopy! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: