http://gamingtrend.com
July 23, 2014, 01:43:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360/PS3]South Park:The Stick of Truth  (Read 3628 times)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2014, 06:08:35 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on January 07, 2014, 07:52:35 PM

Delayed Again?

Don't worry too much though if true,its only a few days(it mkay just be the mix up with the Tuesday and Friday release)

EDIT: just saw that typo...i'm keeping that in,M'kay? icon_biggrin

Yea, they get their games on Friday, we get it on Tuesday.   No delay, so I'm told by Ubi.  smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2014, 02:25:07 PM »

Achievement list

some good ones in there,this one made me chuckle
Canadian Handshake
Fart on people 100 times

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2014, 09:14:32 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
Happy to see the underpants gnomes are in the game smile
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 06:35:09 AM by Azhag » Logged
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2014, 09:51:45 PM »

I haven't read the achievement list, but if there are spoilers among them, please use the spoiler tags when discussing them. I want to be surprised by this game. smile
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2014, 07:12:00 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on February 09, 2014, 09:51:45 PM

I haven't read the achievement list, but if there are spoilers among them, please use the spoiler tags when discussing them. I want to be surprised by this game. smile

The list that we can see have very minor spoilers(IMO at least),the list does however have 11 secret achievements that have not been revealed

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2014, 08:38:00 PM »

Possible contender for being my last Xbox 360 game(that i can think of),is now finished and gone gold

GT Front Page

Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2014, 10:08:36 PM »

Boo, I see Gaming Trend playing this on Steam right now  icon_evil
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2014, 02:21:13 AM »

I pray to Sweet Baby Jesus (SBJ) that they are laughing their asses off whilst playing.

Please be good.  Please be good.  Please be good.  :rockingbackandforth:
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2014, 08:54:14 PM »

IGN seems to like it so far:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/14/could-south-park-the-stick-of-truth-be-the-best-licensed-game-ever
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2014, 12:49:35 AM »

As do I.  I got my copy Friday.  It's HILARIOUS.  Expect the full-on rated M experience though.   Some of the dildos, crack pipes, and frequent use of the F word by Cartman would kinda suggest they earned it.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2014, 01:18:32 AM »

"I'm going home.............to pre-order"

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2014, 01:35:30 AM »

Yeah this is gonna cause me to hook my PS3 back up just to play it.
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2014, 02:54:27 PM »

So... would someone who's not steeped in the South Park lore still enjoy the game?

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2014, 04:52:43 PM »

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on February 23, 2014, 02:54:27 PM

So... would someone who's not steeped in the South Park lore still enjoy the game?

Probably, but a whole bunch of references would fly over your head, all the time. Still, it's not hard to catch up when (almost) every episode is freely available online. smile
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2014, 02:17:51 PM »

Cut in Europe and Australia

BT Games reports that documentation provided to it by Ubisoft confirms the removal of seven scenes, each lasting roughly 20 seconds.

finger thumbsdown

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2014, 02:31:10 PM »

According to the discussion about this at NeoGAF, people analyzed the Steam logs and discovered that it's only Germany in Europe that will get the censored version, at least when it comes to PC. They might not be able to differentiate that much for the console releases. For me, who bought it in Norway through Steam, I should probably get the full, uncensored version. The game won't be complete without a few abortions and forceful anal invasions.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2014, 06:03:52 PM »

It's now been pretty much confirmed that the PC version is not censored. Only the console version is, and only the physical ones at that.

It's pretty obvious that this is all because of Germany, and that Ubisoft and its distributors didn't want to deal with the added cost of making two versions of the retail discs for Europe. I just wish Germany's backwards censorship laws would stop affecting the rest of Europe.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 06:05:25 PM by TiLT » Logged
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2014, 06:52:16 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on February 25, 2014, 02:31:10 PM

According to the discussion about this at NeoGAF, people analyzed the Steam logs and discovered that it's only Germany in Europe that will get the censored version, at least when it comes to PC. They might not be able to differentiate that much for the console releases. For me, who bought it in Norway through Steam, I should probably get the full, uncensored version. The game won't be complete without a few abortions and forceful anal invasions.

I guess Germans can add their own while playing the game at home...

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2014, 12:18:59 AM »

Pre-load is available now.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2014, 02:48:16 PM »

Any my review (with video) is live. 

http://gamingtrend.com/reviews/south-park-the-stick-of-truth-is-awesome-mmkay/

The video shows the (shockingly) only bug I found in the game, as well as some spoiler-free gameplay.   It's awesome - go get it. 

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2014, 03:11:11 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on March 04, 2014, 02:48:16 PM

The video shows the (shockingly) only bug I found in the game, as well as some spoiler-free gameplay.   It's awesome - go get it. 

I only read one negative review and that was Kotaku due to the bugs.  Guy loved the premise of the game, but he suffered from some serious framerate issues on the 360 among other bugs he noted

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2014, 03:42:10 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on March 04, 2014, 02:48:16 PM

Fucking Sweet. My pre-order should arrive in the mail today. I have officially taken tomorrow off work to play this and watch the US men's soccer team whoop up on Ukraine.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2014, 06:33:30 PM »

I found a preorder deal from 2game.com...but received an email today stating that the steam keys they expected this morning won't be available until Thursday.  I really hope they're not trying to sell me a UK key and that steam won't allow me to activate it. 

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2014, 07:00:37 PM »

I'm really excited about this - hopefully have the CE arriving tonight, fingers crossed!
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2014, 07:23:11 PM »

I've been playing it for a while now. It's great! smile
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2014, 01:32:03 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on March 04, 2014, 07:23:11 PM

I've been playing it for a while now. It's great! smile

Ditto, Love, Love, Love the first "City Wok" quest. "Gawd Damn Mongorians!!!  *Fist Shaking*"

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2014, 03:42:45 PM »

The forum effect got me. Found a 25% off GMG code to get it for $45. I started playing it and my wife saw me and was like "You got a stupid South Park game?". She has watched parts of the shows with me before but really dislikes it. But instead of leaving the room she stuck around to watch me play the game for the hour and a half and laughed more than I did. I said to her that I was surprised she watched it that long and she said "yeah, but it was great!"
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2014, 05:58:53 PM »

So far it's pretty hilarious.  I went Jew for hopefully more laughs.

Not sure I love the entire combat system, probably better on the console I assume.  Having to mash keyboard buttons is a little silly.  I do like the radial menus though.

Also regarding the autosave system - does it save every time you see the little bear in the corner? 
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2014, 02:35:08 AM »

Great review Ron.  I haven't really watched much South Park, think I'd still enjoy/get it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2014, 03:15:31 AM »

Yeah, it saves whenever that bear shows up. I've had some framerate issues on the PS3 at times, but generally fine. Only a few hours in but having fun. There are inside jokes everywhere and in all of the junk across the game.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2014, 01:49:57 PM »

Quote from: Azhag on March 06, 2014, 03:15:31 AM

Yeah, it saves whenever that bear shows up. I've had some framerate issues on the PS3 at times, but generally fine. Only a few hours in but having fun. There are inside jokes everywhere and in all of the junk across the game.

I'm on the PS3 and I get the frame rate issues too, but it seems to be limited to just after you enter an area. If you stand still for a second and let everything load it smooths back out. The one exception to this was in Al Gore's storage locker, for some reason that area slowed down really bad.

On a side note the only other nitpick I have with the game comes near the end of the 1st day when you have to do a quick button press event. It was really hard, it took me about 20 tries to beat it and the only reason I beat it is because I took the flat side of a crayon and used it to mash the button, that seems to be way faster than using your finger.

minor spoiler about my favorite move
Spoiler for Hiden:
My favorite power so far is hands down Butters when he turns into Professor Chaos, man that move is powerful
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 07:21:26 PM by Scraper » Logged

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2014, 03:32:26 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on March 06, 2014, 02:35:08 AM

I haven't really watched much South Park, think I'd still enjoy/get it?

Been wondering that as well.  Not a big South Park fan, but I do enjoy a good RPG.  Probably something I'll pick up on a Steam sale sometime next year.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Travis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2014, 04:01:40 PM »

After four hours of playing, I would say that you most likely need to like South Park.  Not so much for the inside jokes but just for the humor. I also find it's best in smaller doses.  I am a South Park fan, but I do find it wearing a bit thin after two hours of playing.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2014, 04:31:26 PM »

Yeah I can't imagine liking this if you aren't a South Park fan already. I suppose its possible if you just haven't been exposed to it and are inclined to that sort of humor, but if you haven't gotten into South Park over the last fifteen years or whatever there's probably a good reason for it.

I'm enjoying it quite a bit, other than the terribly annoying slowdowns on PS3.
Travis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2014, 05:47:11 PM »

A good example of this is the Mongolian side quest.  There really isn't any explanation and if you hadn't seen the episode, it would be lost on you I think.  I love that episode, so that one sticks out to me.  As I was playing it I was thinking "Oh, there is a lot of expectation here on what I have seen in South Park to get this quest at all."  Since I haven't seen much of the past four seasons I am wondering what else will be confusing or lost on me.

Also, although I find the game very fun, it is a casual RPG as far as I am concerned.  So far on Medium difficulty I haven't bothered to change my party or even really any gear at all.  That may change and I know I can crank up the difficulty but all in all it seems like a casual RPG which fits South Park, the IP, and most likely the wider audience perfectly.  Just wanted to mention that as the studio seems to be known for more hard core RPG experiences.  I personally wouldn't say it's a great RPG, but the sum of the parts make it a really good game so far (once again, as someone who likes SP and even casual games).

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2014, 05:50:17 PM »

Holy shit, they're pulling all the stops with this game! biggrin Nothing is too sacred to mock here, and the section I just went through might be some of the most crazy, offensive stuff I've ever seen in South Park. I love it!
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2014, 08:59:46 PM »

I definitely agree it's primarily a game for fans of the show.  But I'm also starting to think there's enough game in it for RPG/adventure game fans as well.  There are some old-school-ish "puzzle" elements to solve, things to collect, side quests,and the combat actually takes some strategy depending on what you encounter and when.  I'm playing on normal difficulty and had to re-stock up on items to get past one particular fight.  Sounds like others may not be having the same experience I am.  I routinely lose Butters and get close to losing fights; without the special Jew headgear, I would have lost another couple fights.  I actually made an effort to upgrade my gear, plus there are options to modify/enhance them further, and that's definitely been an improvement.

While I'm not a big fan of the button mashing/timing elements, I think ultimately it does add something to the gameplay.  There's a little bit of skill and randomness involved along with the more traditional strategic elements.  It's a pretty decent RPG combat system, reminiscent of some JRPGs.

All in all I'm really impressed with the game, from both the South Park side as well as the game side.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 09:01:35 PM by rittchard » Logged
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2014, 09:18:02 PM »

Just finished the game. The end part was one long series of awesome moments that forced me to pause the game to catch my breath. Fantastic game all around, even if the combat difficulty is all over the place. Most battles are too easy on Normal, while I can't even begin to imagine how anyone could win the final battle on anything above that.
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2014, 04:14:35 AM »

Just finished the gnome section of the game. Was laughing so hard it almost brought me to tears. Just when you think they couldn't top themselves they do. This game is just so crazy with what they're getting away with.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2014, 02:01:50 PM »

Quote from: Crawley on March 08, 2014, 04:14:35 AM

Just finished the gnome section of the game. Was laughing so hard it almost brought me to tears. Just when you think they couldn't top themselves they do. This game is just so crazy with what they're getting away with.

I had the same reaction. That boss battle was really twisted, but spectacularly funny. Which is hard to pull off, but Stone and Parker are masters of their craft.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: