http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 06:04:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360/PS3]South Park:The Stick of Truth  (Read 4091 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2011, 06:20:03 PM »

South Park RPG Next year by Obsidian

Fallout: New Vegas developer Obsidian is working on a South Park RPG for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

As revealed by GameInformer, franchise creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone are writing the script and overseeing development, with THQ publishing.

Plot details are scarce, but apparently you'll be playing as the new kid in town, charged with making friends and protecting South Park from as-yet-undefined threats.

It's no secret that i love South Park,since season 10 for me its been one of the funniest shows on TV,and the world and characters of South Park could make this a fun and exciting RPG

However,Obsidian developing worries me,although Raz will disagree  Tongue F:NV was a complete shitstorm for me,lots of main quests either couldn't be started or couldn't be finished,it froze every hour and I had to load older saves when the recent one wouldn't load and unfortunately i abandoned it in the end,even though i loved what i saw and know it could of been an exceptional game

KoToR II was a good game,except the end was messed up,and didn't make sense if i remember rightly(LucasArts fault though i have heard)

I do know that people love Alpha Protocol which i haven't played so i am hoping Obsidian don't drop the ball on this,so yeah i am looking forward to it,but may wait a few weeks to pick it up

« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 12:44:13 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 06:28:18 PM »

i know some might disagree metallic, but i ALWAYS fret and fuss when i hear about an obsidian delay (oh nooz more broken!), i always notice the bugs, i always impatiently await the inevitable patch... and yet in the end i am always enthralled with their games

this sounds like it could be over the top if the actual guys are writing the story
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 06:31:52 PM »

hehe, nice call,MO, although I disagree with you for the exact opposite reasons..kinda.

I don't much like South Park, and Im more interested in traditional rpgs, and would have loved a new obsidian rpg in say the Werewolf world, space, or even fantasy ala Skyrim.

This one I'll probably steer around though, though I'm I'm sure those who enjoy the show will get one hell of a ride.

A new one
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 06:37:13 PM »

I am actually planning on buying Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition next February  ninja

and from that EG link,you play a new kid in town(which are pretty much the only details),but as long as Randy Marsh appears somewhere in the game it will be worth buying for his scenes alone(the unsung hero of SP)

Maggot
Gaming Trend Reader

Calculating Infinity

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 06:52:08 PM »

Just imagine the kind of side quests Randy would give you.  icon_lol

This is a crazy concept but I think it might end up being awesome, the bugs would maybe even add to the hilarity. Btw this is what Obsidian were lookign for not that long ago, sounds like it's going to be 2d.

2D Character Animator
Friday, 27 May 2011 10:20

Obsidian Entertainment is looking for a 2D character animator to work on a highly stylized, high profile role playing game.

This person should be comfortable creating characters in 2D, and have a strong understanding of traditional animation principles. Knowledge of Flash is strongly preferred. Depending on the applicant's skill set this may be offered as a contract position.

Requirements
• 2 Years minimum industry experience
• Must be able to animate characters in 2D and manage scenes and assets efficiently
• Exceptional motivation and attitude and a passion for video games
• Able to adhere to tight schedules with minimal supervision
• Able to iterate quickly and often on designs. The means moving from a basic concept or story board to a rough animatic, to a final animation
• Able to work in a very specific animation style
• A strong understanding of the development process

Pluses
• Has previously shipped titles on the PS3 or Xbox 360
• Previous experience on mobile or browser based Flash applications or games
• Past experience animating effects
• Proficient with Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator
• Basic or intermediate knowledge of Actionscript or comparable programming languages
• Familiarity with any of the following programs: After Effects, Maya, 3ds Max, FaceFX, Scaleform
• Freehand illustration skills

Responsibilities
• Assist lead animator in creating and finishing character animations
• Create and edit conversations, lip sync, and expressions
• Help train programmers and artists from other disciplines on how to use the toolset

Portfolio Requirements:
• Character animation examples

Portfolio Plusses:
• 2D character animation examples
• 3D character animation examples
• Pieces that demonstrate attention to emoting and storytelling
• A reel in QuickTime format
• Character illustrations
• Special Effects animations
• Life drawing samples
• Examples of work in console or mobile games

Submission
• All resumes must be accompanied with website portfolio or samples of work
• For console or studio animations include a document explaining specifically what you did
• Simply apply via e-mail: [email protected]
• Please put the job you are applying to in the subject line please
• Please no phone calls or drop ins. We only accept emailed applications
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 07:03:20 PM by Maggot » Logged
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 07:08:32 PM »

I wonder if it will actually turn out to be a XBLA/PSN game then...didn't Microsoft announce another South Park game to hit XBLA at E3 this year?

EDIT:nevermind that was Tenoman's Revenge due in March

jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 08:51:54 PM »

can't wait to fall through the world every 10 steps!
Maggot
Gaming Trend Reader

Calculating Infinity

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2011, 07:05:13 PM »

Copy pasted from a neogaf thread. Also PC version too.

Basics

-The first game Parker and Stone have directly participated in, writing the script and the dialogue.

-Parker has always preferred silent protagonists in RPG's, so the player’s character will be silent.

-The player’s character will be fully customizable.

-Your character has a smartphone that acts as the primary game menu and has a facebook-like app show your number of friends you have and your current standing with the various kid factions.

-There are five classes, which are wizard, paladin, adventurer, rogue, and a fifth unannounced class.

-Obsidian is using the Dungeon Siege III engine.

-Obsidian developed a dynamic lip-syncing tool to accommodate changes to the script.

-Parker and Stone gave Obsidian 15 years of assets used during the show and a detailed list of approved textures and colors.

-Critical hits, cash rewards, experience, and consumables are in the game.

-Parker hates unskippable cutscenes.

-The humor will be more focus on the games they have played in the past but Parker mentions that games have lampooned other games before so they don't want to do exactly that instead they are focusing more on RPG's on how big and bombastic they can get sometimes.

Story

-
Spoiler for Hiden:
The player will play as the new kid in town, the main theme of the game is fitting in and being accepted.

-
Spoiler for Hiden:
The story begins with your character participating in a live action role-playing game that the neighborhood kids started, which eventually evolves into a real adventure.

-
Spoiler for Hiden:
Eric Cartman will greet your character and help you decide your class, which are wizard, paladin, adventurer, rogue, and a fifth unconventional class made up by Cartman.

Combat

-Many elements of the combat system are like Paper Mario and the Mario & Luigi games.

-If player initiates combat they will attack first and vice versa.

-X button is for melee attacks, pressing it in well-timed succession will result in multiple hits.

-Timed inputs occur for defense as well for reduced damage.

-Obsidian doesn't want the player to have to sit and watch animations play out; they're incorporating dynamic camera angels at certain times, such as a
Spoiler for Hiden:
Ro Sham Bo attack that stuns an enemy

RPG

-Enemy encounters are visible on the map.

-
Spoiler for Hiden:
Soda are health potions and Tweak's coffee is a haste item.

-There are melee and ranged weapons, as well as
Spoiler for Hiden:
a lightning powered Okama Gameshpere that is a magic item

-
Spoiler for Hiden:
There is a Final Fantasy Materia like system in the game to augment weapons with various abilities like fire, poison, and electricity.

-
Spoiler for Hiden:
There is a Summon System but they are not able to talk about it.

Collectibles

-There are collectibles to look for in the environments, some appear throughout the game while other are in specific areas.

-
Spoiler for Hiden:
An example of a collectible is a Chinpokomon doll and a magazine, Chinpokomon dolls are not all the same model Obsidian are using various models that appeared in the episode.

Other

-When Obsidian were first coming up with ideas they show Parker and Stone a quest where you go into a cave and fight a giant bat boss that Ike is riding on, Parker and Stone said that the quest wasn't Southpark, that it was a generic video-game. Parker and Stone then mention a quest to get Kung Pao Chicken from City Wok, to readjust Obsidian focus.

-When they start making the town hub Parker and Stone realized that they did not have a true layout for the town, so they had fun figuring out where everything went.

-There will not be any platforming, they tried jumping early on but it didn't seem right.

-They talk about how they have had to scrap level because the perspective wasn't right because everything is hand illustrated and hand animated.

-They talk about the challenges of making a comedy driven game, Portal 2 is mention, they say if Portal 2 dialogue was on top of a shitty game it wouldn't be as good, so they want to make a game that is as good as the dialogue.

Concept Art (Massive Spoilers!!!!)

-
Spoiler for Hiden:
The first concept art is a 'Gnome Mine' a concept, my guess underpants gnomes.

-
Spoiler for Hiden:
The second concept art is 'UFO Crash Site', it shows Kenny, Cartman, Stan, and Kyle in front of a military fence with a UFO further away in a forest surround in mountains.

-
Spoiler for Hiden:
The third concept art is a 'Gnome/Crab People D.M.Z.' label as a rough concept, it show a border fence with gnomes on one side and Crab People on the other side.

-
Spoiler for Hiden:
The last concept art is 'Christmas Town' a concept.

Interview with Trey Parker and Matt Stone

-Parker and Stone really enjoy rpgs and they do think that rpgs are the best fit for southpark.

-They were asked of how making a rpg story differs for an episode, they say that the learning curve was be bigger than anything they have done other then their Broadway musical.

-Visual and Visual style seen in episodes like “Good Times With Weapons”, or the live action hamsters in “Pandemic” will not be in the game they want to keep a simple 2D style.

-Parker has been a lifelong gamers, he really likes rpgs because he like the singleplayer nature of them so he doesn’t like or get MMO’s. His favorite game is Oblivion.

-Matt when he was young used to play the old Infocom game and Wizardry and likes open world games like Arkham City, Infamous, Grand Theft Auto, Red Dead Redemption, and also hockey and soccer games. He mention that he is more of a button masher and remember Serious Sam because he likes to shoot shit and blow shit up but he is now more interested in games like Arkham City and he hasn’t play a RPG in year because he got tired of walking everywhere. His favorite game is FIFA and he mentions getting his ass kick online by kids with English Accents.

-Lastly they joke how this Southpark game will be a cross between Obilivion and FIFA were “you gotta go kill a bunch of monsters and shit but you can only use your feet.”
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 03:48:37 PM »

some screenies

Goth Kids

in spoiler tags because of size
Spoiler for Hiden:
Is Kyle the mystery 5th class.. thorn crown?..this time the enemy are the Gingers

HIPPIES!!!

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2011, 04:00:50 PM »

I saw a video that the 5th class is Jew.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 12:57:16 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on December 13, 2011, 04:00:50 PM

I saw a video that the 5th class is Jew.

That could explain why Kyle is wearing a crown of thorns...headwear made famous by Jesus, king of the jews...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2012, 12:46:18 PM »

now named South Park:The Stick of Truth

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2012, 09:12:14 PM »

and now delayed until 2013

Originally scheduled for release sometime in 2012, THQ announced it has delayed the title to the first quarter of 2013.

The game is scheduled to ship during the publisher's fiscal fourth quarter, which begins January 1, 2013. A reason for the delay was not provided. The game is rumored to be called "South Park: The Stick of Truth."

In case you needed a refresher on South Park: The Game, be sure to check out our hub page from our January cover story.

while i don't like to harp on about it,with Obsidian's record of buggy games,hopefully this delay will be a good thing

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2012, 10:08:23 PM »

I guess these things come in threes - first Bioshock Infinite, then Tomb Raider, and now this frown

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 15, 2012, 09:12:14 PM

while i don't like to harp on about it,with Obsidian's record of buggy games,hopefully this delay will be a good thing

That probably wouldn't have been an issue here, since the game is using the Dungeon Siege 3 engine, and that game was very stable and relatively bug-free.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 10:12:43 PM by EddieA » Logged

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2012, 11:34:07 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on May 15, 2012, 10:08:23 PM

I guess these things come in threes - first Bioshock Infinite, then Tomb Raider, and now this frown

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 15, 2012, 09:12:14 PM

That probably wouldn't have been an issue here, since the game is using the Dungeon Siege 3 engine, and that game was very stable and relatively bug-free.

huh,really?i heard pretty much the opposite
http://segmentnext.com/2011/06/19/dungeon-siege-3-errors-crashes-graphics-controls-freezes-fixes/

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2012, 02:01:43 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 15, 2012, 11:34:07 PM

huh,really?i heard pretty much the opposite
http://segmentnext.com/2011/06/19/dungeon-siege-3-errors-crashes-graphics-controls-freezes-fixes/

That's the first I've heard of any of those problems.  Most of the things listed seem like they'd be isolated incidents and some of them are just things people didn't like about the game.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2012, 10:15:03 AM »

I have not played it myself,i had just read that page a few months back and it had stuck in my mind

skystride

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2012, 07:32:42 PM »

I thought the DS3 engine was really good.  Didn't have any problems with it.  I was amazed how fast it loaded despite being pretty nice graphically.  It would literally take me 5-10 seconds to start playing after launching the game from Windows.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2012, 01:30:31 AM »

impressions from the Comic Con demo.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2013, 07:24:30 AM »

I know this is good news,or at least not bad news,but seriously when it says that this game is still set for a 2013 release,i dunno it makes me wonder(makes me nervous)..maybe its the THQ effect,but wasn't The Stick Of Truth one of the earliest games sorted over all that?

anyway,..;

South Park The Stick of Truth still set for 2013 release

It was first supposed to be out in 2012,then they said either March 2013 or maybe Q1 2013,now they are saying that they are still aiming for a 2013 release

Then again,i don't really know the in's and out's of publishing,i just presumed Ubisoft taking over would be relatively smooth going

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2013, 03:36:13 PM »

Cut content from Stick of Truth to be made into DLC?

"Fuck That"

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2013, 03:49:41 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on July 19, 2013, 03:36:13 PM

this.

Because I can,
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2013, 12:35:38 AM »

I know this may be weird but this is honestly my most anticipated game of the year. I'll be playing this day one even if it gets released on the same day as the PS4.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2013, 12:56:39 AM »

Quote from: Scraper on July 20, 2013, 12:35:38 AM

I know this may be weird but this is honestly my most anticipated game of the year. I'll be playing this day one even if it gets released on the same day as the PS4.

Not weird at all - this game looks absolutely hilarious.  At the end of the day, this is totally about gameplay and content.  If Obsidian can manage to ship it without hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of bugs, that'd be even better. 

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2013, 12:01:39 AM »

first gameplay footage has leaked

Prepare for shaky cam

does look fun though

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2013, 12:10:45 AM »

looks like a blast!

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2013, 05:46:02 PM »

12-10-2013, complete with the Grand Wizard Edition.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2013, 08:15:15 PM »

pre-order bonus packs.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2013, 08:19:35 PM »

Admittedly i had forgotten all about this game,with me thinking Batman Arkham Origins could have been one of the last new releases i got for my 360

and yes,i did just put up everything and now deleted it...YOU STRIKE AGAIN!! crybaby

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2013, 08:19:44 PM »

biggrin

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2013, 08:24:21 PM »

You don't need that smiley,i can see it in your forum pic with EVERY post you ..er post

That Grand Wizard edition looks very cool

Is that the map,where they said its the only map they have made of South Park...EVER!,?

Also the link i was about to post,said these pre-orders were for UK only,but i expect them to be similar in NA

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2013, 08:24:53 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on October 17, 2013, 08:24:21 PM

You don't need that smiley,i can see it in your forum pic with EVERY post you ..er post

biggrin

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2013, 06:59:22 PM »

delayed!

South Park: The Stick of Truth has been delayed. Again. Originally scheduled to arrive in early December, the game has been pushed to March 4, 2014 in North American and March 6, 2014 in Europe.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2013, 07:00:01 PM »

sorry people,looks like its delayed again

wont be due now until 2014

Via the Ubisoft blog, a quote from South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone: "We always wanted the game to feel like you're actually in an episode of South Park. Getting the game up to the crappy standards of the show has been a real challenge and we're excited to say it's taken way longer than we thought it would."

EDIT: I always still post to see just how little time there is between you beating me to the punch *Fist Shaking*

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2013, 07:00:22 PM »

biggrin

Because I can,
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2013, 07:01:54 PM »

It's both alarming and reassuring that it seems the game was delayed because Ubisoft were disappointed in its quality and wanted to make sure it lives up to its potential.

In any case, I'll live. Most people are probably going to be busy playing with their new consoles in December anyway. Tongue
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2013, 05:49:24 PM »

Gameplay video shows potential.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2013, 12:39:49 AM »

Quote from: Moliere on November 04, 2013, 05:49:24 PM

Gameplay video shows potential.

Yeah, I haven't actively watched South Park for years, and I'm not a fan of JRPG-type games, but that video definitely looks cool.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2014, 07:52:35 PM »

Delayed Again?

Don't worry too much though if true,its only a few days(it mkay just be the mix up with the Tuesday and Friday release)

EDIT: just saw that typo...i'm keeping that in,M'kay? icon_biggrin

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2014, 03:18:09 PM »

Pre-order placed today. This is my most anticipated game of the year so far, followed closely by the Witcher 3.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: