http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 09:56:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360/PS3/PC]Deus Ex: Human Revolution  (Read 6615 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 04, 2011, 05:12:13 AM »

okay finished this today,although the game did get better,i don't think i have the patience to play through the game again anytime soon

didn't get anywhere close to upgrading all my AUGs either

stick around for after the end credits as well

about the end
Spoiler for Hiden:
there are 4 of them

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 04, 2011, 05:38:58 AM »

I ended up reloading & doing that part over again & just walked thru the police
Dept. I am really enjoying this one.It Really does give you a huge sense if freedom. Once more bringing me back to the original;). Really amazing how much this is similar to the first game and not developed by any of
The same people...
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2011, 11:22:48 AM »

Re the police department - you guys know there's a front door, right?

A new one
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2011, 01:45:30 PM »

yeah i just talked to the guy at the desk and i could walk where i wanted and you get an achievement after you have convinced him to let you in Tongue

did anyone else get the pre-order mission?(even though i didn't pre-order the game i still got the limited edition version that didn't cost anything more)
Spoiler for Hiden:
I think the mission was saving Wong's son from the disused noodle factory,but you also got a remote explosive( those blue packets),and automatic unlocking device(those that there are lots of near the end of the game)and a grenade launcher(which is actually the gift you get of Wong for rescuing his son)

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2011, 01:49:42 PM »

I don't think thats the extra mission, although I could be wrong, since I just played that :-)

A new one
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2011, 02:01:40 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on September 04, 2011, 11:22:48 AM

Re the police department - you guys know there's a front door, right?

Of course, but I'd already pooched that conversation and when you do the game encourages you to find an alternate route. I'd already done enough 'reload an older save and try it again' stuff before that so decided to just live with the consequences and break in.  icon_wink

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2011, 02:05:09 PM »

ah, ok - was just curious since so many mentioned killing everyone in there, or sneaking in. It goes against my moral fibre apparently, and I want the poor police guys to live - Even in YOUR game ;-)

A new one
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2011, 02:11:18 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on September 04, 2011, 02:05:09 PM

ah, ok - was just curious since so many mentioned killing everyone in there, or sneaking in. It goes against my moral fibre apparently, and I want the poor police guys to live - Even in YOUR game ;-)

LOL... so do I, so after coming in from the roof and successfully tranking officers on the top two floors, I was somewhat appalled that it all went sideways on the first floor and to get any further I'd have to massacre everyone there. That's when I went back up and out and down into the sewers. A couple more sleepy peoples and I was in and out with the goods. thumbsup

-craig

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 04, 2011, 02:40:20 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on September 04, 2011, 02:05:09 PM

that's it, if the game ever takes me back to there I am wiping the place out  Tongue

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2011, 06:37:16 AM »

Quote from: Razgon on September 04, 2011, 01:49:42 PM

I don't think thats the extra mission, although I could be wrong, since I just played that :-)

Totally it. As I was playing my PC copy, it flat out said on the 'semi-helpful tidbit of the load screen', "Now loading your Preorder Bonus Mission - Thanks for Preordering!" or something of the sort.

If you don't have it (the preorder bonus), you'll instead get a slightly different mission at this point involving getting a hacker or something of the sort to help you.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2011, 02:57:56 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on September 05, 2011, 06:37:16 AM

Quote from: Razgon on September 04, 2011, 01:49:42 PM

Totally it. As I was playing my PC copy, it flat out said on the 'semi-helpful tidbit of the load screen', "Now loading your Preorder Bonus Mission - Thanks for Preordering!" or something of the sort.

If you don't have it (the preorder bonus), you'll instead get a slightly different mission at this point involving getting a hacker or something of the sort to help you.

I finished the game a few days ago. I too had the pre-order mission and I have to say they if they hadn't mentioned in the little hint on the loading screen that it was a bonus I wouldn't have known the difference, it fit nicely into the story. Overall I'm very glad I got the game, I enjoyed it quite a lot.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 17, 2011, 04:30:12 PM »

I'm stuck and I hope someone can help.  I've searched the web and I'm not seeing this problem with anyone else.

I just got out of Alice Pods after getting my credentials to the Tai Yong Medical Factory.  I'm supposed to take a shuttle to there.  Well I follow the waypoint to the shuttle station, the way point says i'm 1 m away, in front of me is a glass door that supposedly opens up when the shuttle arrives.  The problem never shows up.  I've pressed the E key to see if there's some sort of activation, nothing.  I've reloaded the game to a previous save and same problem.  This week there was a patch and I have a suspicion that's the cause.  That or it's user error and I'm missing something.

In the video I see, when you get to the window it will ask you if you are ready to move on.  I don't get that option.  I have no secondary quests, just this main one.

Any ideas?
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 17, 2011, 05:18:49 PM »

Quote from: naednek on September 17, 2011, 04:30:12 PM

I'm stuck and I hope someone can help.  I've searched the web and I'm not seeing this problem with anyone else.

I just got out of Alice Pods after getting my credentials to the Tai Yong Medical Factory.  I'm supposed to take a shuttle to there.  Well I follow the waypoint to the shuttle station, the way point says i'm 1 m away, in front of me is a glass door that supposedly opens up when the shuttle arrives.  The problem never shows up.  I've pressed the E key to see if there's some sort of activation, nothing.  I've reloaded the game to a previous save and same problem.  This week there was a patch and I have a suspicion that's the cause.  That or it's user error and I'm missing something.

In the video I see, when you get to the window it will ask you if you are ready to move on.  I don't get that option.  I have no secondary quests, just this main one.

Any ideas?

yeah sorry i am just gonna repeat what you have heard,as soon as you put your face against the glass so to speak,the train usually appears and the glass doors open and then the option(IIRC)not sure why its not happening for you

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: September 17, 2011, 06:14:56 PM »

Wait, did you get the access card? There's a bug that they recently patched that would cause the card to disappear in specific circumstances. The quest trigger might be looking for that card in your inventory.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 17, 2011, 10:20:02 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on September 17, 2011, 06:14:56 PM

Wait, did you get the access card? There's a bug that they recently patched that would cause the card to disappear in specific circumstances. The quest trigger might be looking for that card in your inventory.

I have a smart card, and when i click on examine, it crashes the game
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: September 18, 2011, 09:56:26 PM »

Ugh, I honestly have no idea where to go from there other than to go back to a much earlier save. I haven't heard of anything else like that, I think your save just got corrupted somehow.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2011, 03:12:47 AM »

it's all over the steam forums.  THe patch broke it.  I've gone back to save games and even if i didn't have that access card, other items I examine crashes the game.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2011, 06:29:21 AM »

Quote from: naednek on September 19, 2011, 03:12:47 AM

it's all over the steam forums.  THe patch broke it.  I've gone back to save games and even if i didn't have that access card, other items I examine crashes the game.

So the patch that added the ads broke the game. Nice work.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2011, 02:02:40 AM »

cool think it's going to be fixed now

http://store.steampowered.com/news/6337/

Crashes when examining quest items have been fixed.
Additional fixes have been made for the TYM medical card. The current fix should also allow users that already have the problem in their savegame to pick up the card again.
Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 06, 2011, 05:20:55 AM »

Finished it tonight on the 360. Loved it. Solid game from start to finish.

---
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 02:28:55 PM by Roman » Logged

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 07, 2011, 02:14:20 PM »

Just found an odd issue with this on the PS3 and it seems I'm not alone. Once you've played DX:HR, if you just so happen to decide to check for a system update, you will receive the following (rather disturbing) error message:

The hard disk cannot be accessed: 80029C41

Nothing else seems to be borked, just the System Update functionality. Reboot and it works just fine until the next time you play the game. Weird.  icon_neutral

-craig

Vinda-Lou

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 03, 2011, 06:26:49 PM »

I had bought DE:HR on Steam and played toward the end of the first mission after getting augmentations.  Then my computer died, and while the game is still on Steam waiting for me, it might be months before I can get a new PC, if I ever do.  (I'm writing this from my Macbook Air.)

However, I still have my 360.  I loved the first DE, played most of the second (both on the PC), and enjoyed what I played so far in the new one. 

But is the game good enough to merit re-buying it for the console?  Or should I just wait until I hopefully get a new PC?  I have plenty to keep me occupied, so it's not an urgent need to fill the void, but it the game was fun. 
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 04, 2013, 02:02:07 PM »

A modified version of this game is apparently on its way,with EG suggesting perhaps a Wii U version

Eurogamer

A newly "modified" version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution has been rated by the Australian Ratings Board.

The update to Square Enix's well-received sci-fi shooter comes two years after the game's original release.

The ratings board listing (spotted by CVG) makes no mention of which platforms the new version is for, but Wii U seems a safe bet.

Australian studio Straight Right previously told Eurogamer it was working on a Wii U port of a "big title", which subsequent reports identified as a Square Enix game.

The developer previously handled the Wii U conversion of Mass Effect 3.

A new version of Human Revolution may simply include the game's Missing Link DLC, or it could go further and rework other features too, such as the game's much-maligned and outsourced boss battles.

Square Enix recently filed a trademark for Deus Ex: Human Defiance, although subsequent reports have this pegged as a title for the upcoming film adaptation, rather than another new game.

Eurogamer has contacted Square Enix for comment - we'll update if we hear back.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 11, 2013, 10:48:17 PM »

well the Wii U exclusive lasted long,LOL

Kotaku

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut isn't just for Wii U anymore. Square Enix has announced the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC are getting in on the action as well.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 11, 2013, 10:48:59 PM »

hopefully there's a free update for the PC version.  or a cheap upgrade.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: