http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 10:53:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC] Fortnite  (Read 298 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2012, 10:26:49 PM »

announced a while back, now officially declared for the PC (for now).

Speaking at Comic-Con today, design director Cliff Bleszinski stated that Fortnite is "a PC-designed game" and that "next-gen is here. It's a high-end PC."

huh, I guess the wind changed again  icon_lol

anyways, it's their fort building zombie survival game.  from Comic-Con:

Jessen described Fortnite as a "co-op sandbox survival game" with three different elements. Scavenging will allow players to go out into the ruined world and find items and materials wherever they can. Building will let players first erect and then customize various structures of all shapes and sizes. Combat, the last part of the game, pits players against creepy yet "Looney Tunes-inspired" monsters attempting to take those structures down.

"This is not just a game for people who like shooters or RPGS," said Jessen. "It's a game for everybody." And according to Bleszinski, Fortnite is a big change internally from what the studio has been working on more recently. "It's been really fresh for us," he said. "We've had like six years of Gears and we've perfected the art of killing. Fortnite is serving as a fresh change of pace for us."

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 12:38:01 AM »

oh yeah i remember seeing this one at E3 or something,it reminded me of that XBLA game,which is pretty much also fort building survival game  -Dead Block,in which you have 4 characters to choose from

but all the other elements sound different(SandBox etc)

So this(Fortnite)is the first Unreal 4 game,glad they have started to use that now,get the developers used to it ASAP(not sure how different to use it is from UE3 though)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 02:20:56 AM »

I really hope this turns out well, but from the things CliffyB has been saying I kind of get the impression that it is more like another iteration on GoW3's Horde mode and less sandbox than I'd like.  But I will wait to see more real gameplay.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: