http://gamingtrend.com
September 17, 2014, 11:52:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360/PS3] SSX (Released) - Now With Reviews/Impressions  (Read 3587 times)
jersoc
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2012, 07:26:07 PM »

haha, yeah. I had to get gold on that course, but then it became personal! I was also working on leveling up elise for races too.

global events are pretty sweet too. one i got 350k waiting once it expires in a few days. gotta go back for some trick events next.
Covenant

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2012, 01:14:54 PM »

Yeah World Tour is a nice introduction to the mechanics and an easy way to unlock characters, but Global Events and Explore mode are definitely the way to go. I love just checking my wall to see what friends have done then clicking a single button to try and beat their time/score. Extrememly nice setup, and really scratches that leaderboard itch in an interesting way.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2012, 02:10:32 PM »

In case it wasn't mentioned:

SSX official GT review.

It was posted a few days ago on the front page.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
crumsteel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2012, 07:39:43 PM »

Really enjoying the game so far, but man to I feel like I suck. I have added people to my friends list so we can see compare races. Feel free to add me: xbox tag: Nekim
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2012, 02:47:33 AM »

Quote from: crumsteel on March 03, 2012, 07:39:43 PM

Really enjoying the game so far, but man to I feel like I suck. I have added people to my friends list so we can see compare races. Feel free to add me: xbox tag: Nekim

Friend request sent my XBL name is OtterChaos
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2012, 04:12:15 AM »

Just had a lock up and now EA servers are listed as unavailable.  Jersoc was still playing though, I hope a xbox reset will get things back in order.

edited to add reset of xbox did not fix problem, this could be bad if EA somehow lost my progress on RiderNet after the lock.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 04:14:43 AM by Zinfan » Logged
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2012, 08:32:20 AM »

Turns out my Xbox wireless adapter (from the original xbox no less) wasn't working well.  I could see things on XBL but the EA servers wouldn't respond.  When I tested the connection I found my connection to the router was blinking in and out and I only had one bar of reception even though the router is nearby.  A quick run to Gamestop (15 min before closing) netted me the newest adapter for $50 and all is working well.

I am coming around on this title, I struggled to learn the ropes but once I figured out the way to get high scores is to always be heading down the mountain instead of slowly criss crossing my way down the scores started to rise.  No where near the scores of jersoc and Covenant but progress is being made.   
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2012, 08:58:47 PM »

my scores suck :| i'm not even in the money for serenity trick event. the racing one i had gold and 340k last night, probably lower now.
been trying to beat some of my brother's too. it never fails that i ruin a 70+ combo at the end of the run. bah.

I switched from using the right stick to do tricks to using the face buttons and my scores have jumped a lot. i found it a lot easier to control what tricks i'm doing. but i usually do cheap and just switch between 3 tricks to avoid duplicates.
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2012, 11:40:23 PM »

I'm fighting a bad habit of always holding the A button down, this causes me to jump/crash off grinds all the time.  I think it is a left over from Tony Hawk games where I was always trying to ollie on the flats.  I use the face buttons for the most part but will use the right stick on big air jumps as that gives me more variety of tricks to up the score.
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2012, 03:37:52 AM »

i got first place on the mt everest survive event! i beat the other dude by a lot, more than 400k meters. shit was hard man
Covenant

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2012, 03:34:32 PM »

The game just gets better and better the more I play.  I did find two things essential to my enjoyment however:

1) Finish up that World Tour mode ASAP and get into explore/global events (or just skip it and pay to unlock the characters).
2) Get a decent sized list of friends who are also playing.

Step 2 is absolutely vital. If I didn't have people to try and beat, I wouldn't be enjoying this nearly as much. It adds a whole other level of fun to just doing random runs, and it will only get better as time progresses and people record times on more and more drops.

This game is absolutely perfect for sitting down for an hour or two and trying to beat all your friends' times and scores. It's cool to hit the ridernet tab and just plow through the list of challenges for each of your friends; beat those scores into the ground only to return the next day and find they beat you right back.  Very addictive stuff.

Oh, and DAMN YOU JERSOC.  43 bloody challenges?? You are living this game.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2012, 03:56:17 PM »

Quote from: Covenant on March 05, 2012, 03:34:32 PM

2) Get a decent sized list of friends who are also playing.

Step 2 is absolutely vital. If I didn't have people to try and beat, I wouldn't be enjoying this nearly as much. It adds a whole other level of fun to just doing random runs, and it will only get better as time progresses and people record times on more and more drops.

that's pretty much what had me playing Arkham Asylum challenges over and over.  And, Kato... *Fist Shaking*

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2012, 03:32:13 AM »

This game is absolutely perfect for sitting down for an hour or two and trying to beat all your friends' times and scores. It's cool to hit the ridernet tab and just plow through the list of challenges for each of your friends; beat those scores into the ground only to return the next day and find they beat you right back.  Very addictive stuff.

I don't remember a game that when I topped a friend's score had me sitting there with both arms raised in victory. So sad that ME3 is coming out so soon, I will continue to play SSX as I just love the things the game can do.  I love trying to head off the main slope and find alternate drops and rails along with geotags.  I can't believe how much I've turned around on this game since my first impression of it.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2012, 05:46:34 AM »

Quote from: Zinfan on March 06, 2012, 03:32:13 AM

I don't remember a game that when I topped a friend's score had me sitting there with both arms raised in victory. So sad that ME3 is coming out so soon, I will continue to play SSX as I just love the things the game can do.  I love trying to head off the main slope and find alternate drops and rails along with geotags.  I can't believe how much I've turned around on this game since my first impression of it.

I would say Need for Speed Hot Pursuit's autolog had the same effect (although I haven't delved into the non-SP portion of SSX yet).

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2012, 09:24:47 PM »

There's a patch available that adds two new games modes - simultaneous multiplayer and freeride.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: