http://gamingtrend.com
September 19, 2014, 08:02:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360/PS3] Spartacus Legends  (Read 1312 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2012, 04:40:19 AM »

by Jupiter's cock!  a new gladiator game based on the show, featuring offline and online maiming. 

Legends allows players to become a gladiator. Players will be able to take on the role of Spartacus, Crixus, or their own custom character. The game's said to have thousands of weapon combos as well as a "robust" skill system, so you'll have plenty of ways to kill people.

even though I'm behind on the show I can't wait to scream 'Jupiter's cock!' at the TV.  no announced consoles yet, but it's Ubisoft so I'd say the 360 and PS3 are safe bets.

ah, that brings back memories of Death Sword on the C64......
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 04:42:03 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 05:50:37 PM »

free to play on XBLA, probably the same elsewhere too.

Because I can,
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 10:00:37 PM »

One could argue the PS3 version will be the only truly free version.

Consoles have been late to board the free-to-play train. However, another game has joined the ranks of Happy Wars for Xbox 360 and Dust 514 for PS3: Spartacus Legends.

Ubisoft announced today that the fighting game based on the Starz TV series will be free-to-play for both PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Gold users.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/75634/spartacus-legends-goes-free-to-play

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 11:13:27 PM »

new trailer

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 08:21:25 AM »

Really glad to see Microsoft start with the F2P games,even though it's a little late

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 07:54:17 PM »

out next Wednesday!

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 07:57:48 PM »

bastard Tongue icon_wink

Re-posted here
What the hell is going on at MS recently?..allowing 'another' free title on XBLA Tongue

out next Wednesday(26th June)

Yes its based on the TV series

and yes,as you might expect its a one on one arena fighting game,but it does look quite cool,starting off at the House of Batiatus and going on to the small arenas and onto the Colosseum

The title is from Ubisoft,the graphics range from very so-so(Some Character models look dogshit,and they try to hide it as shiney sweat!,LOL) to decent enough for an arcade game(nothing mega special),but i think the surroundings that are familiar from the TV Series is the biggest pull for me,from the trailer i can't honestly recognize that many Characters from the show(I did recognise Sparky himself near the end of the trailer),but i am sure all our favourites will be in there,and as a free download...sure,why not?

but guess what?,there is content ingame that can be bought

It's probably admittedly a missed opportunity to really get some meaty story from the 4 series,and release as a full on game and which i would love,but beggars can't be choosers i guess when it comes to a Spartacus game,quite surprised it's taken this long to be honest

Trailer in the link
http://www.ubi.com/UK/Games/Info.aspx?pId=11201
Experience all of your favorite combat moments from the Spartacus show and pave the way for your own destiny as a Legend of the arena.
Spartacus Legends allows you to live out all of your favorite gladiatorial fantasies as a Lanista and build a Ludus of your own.  Although eternal glory is found on the battlefield, there is more to Spartacus than meets the eye.  How will you manage, train and equip your gladiators for victory?
Key Features
Intense Visceral Combat: Partake in some of the most brutal, action packed battles ever put in a videogame, where you will fight and DIE for the honor of your Lanista.

Online & Couch Multiplayer: Climb the ranks of the online leaderboards by beating your friends, your enemies & the best players in the world.

Weapon & Gear Customization: Upgrade your gladiators with the most ruthless weaponry in the world, to take on the opposition and unleash madness.

Lanista “Manager Like” Gameplay: Train your gladiators with over 8 different fighting styles & choose from thousands of weapon combinations to build the ultimate warriors.

Play 4 Free (TBD):  Experience all of the world-class combat of Spartacus for Free!  Simply download the game and get into the action.  With our micro-transaction model, you choose the destiny of your Ludus and the eternal glory of your gladiator.

Weekly Challenges: Experience iconic weekly challenges for a chance to get on the global leaderboards and showcase your skills to everyone in the world.

World of Gladiators: Immerse yourself in the world of Gladiators and battle in some of the greatest arenas of all time.

Pictures taken from various sites around the web

And Just for kicks icon_biggrin icon_biggrin icon_biggrin

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 08:18:33 PM »

I would literally sell every one of you as a sex slave to one of the great Roman houses for just one halfway decent Gladius clone...

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2013, 01:27:09 AM »

so, any impressions?

Because I can,
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2013, 02:51:43 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 20, 2013, 01:27:09 AM

so, any impressions?

Better yet - we've got a full review: 

http://www.gamingtrend.com/game_reviews/i-got-two-spear-punctures-and-a-broken-bone/

Yea, that's how we roll.  smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2013, 01:48:59 AM »

I'll be waiting for The Jupitor's cock DLC

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2013, 03:27:18 AM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on July 21, 2013, 01:48:59 AM

I'll be waiting for The Jupitor's cock DLC

Coming soon? 

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2013, 05:18:18 PM »

It's alright, I guess. But it feels like a Facebook style game, and I'm disappointed that you still do have to pay for things via microtransactions to obtain the better stuff. For example, you start off with two gladiator slots, one already being used by the gladiator you're given to start off with, and an empty one for a future gladiator of a different type. And it does become evident rather quickly that you'll need gladiators of different types to progress at all, as some fights are restricted to certain fighter types, ie swords and shields, dual swords, dual daggers, etc,  and that you'll need to purchase more slots with gold coins bought via UPlay. This also goes for higher quality equipment, and you'll quickly find yourself maxing out on the best equipment you can buy with silver coins, the in-game currency you earn by winning fights. This is on the PS3 version. There's also no real sense of progression and I would have liked a tournament mode.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 05:57:00 PM by Rumpy » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2013, 05:35:39 AM »

tournaments coming:

http://www.vg247.com/2013/09/20/spartacus-legends-tournaments-are-coming-this-fall-to-the-free-to-play-game/

Because I can,
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: