http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 04:17:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360/PS3] Sonic The Hedgehog (again) 'Generations'  (Read 661 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2011, 02:46:21 PM »

they just put up a teaser on Sonic's Facebook page for the next game, with the description of 'It's here! EXCLUSIVE to Facebook - the first hint as to what the new Sonic game might be all about...'.  So I gave it a view, and at first was like 'OK, it's Sonic running around, jumping and sliding.. OMG, there's no rings!  GREAT INNOVATION SEGA!'  and then a second Sonic appeared, at which I went 'OK, multiplayer.  yay?'.

anyone want to start a pool on whether or not this will be another award winning example of suck, or if it will actually be cool again?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 12:12:16 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 04:07:31 PM »

Does this mean their attempt at episode based Sonic 4 failed?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 04:16:20 PM »

Quote from: Lordnine on April 07, 2011, 04:07:31 PM

Does this mean their attempt at episode based Sonic 4 failed?

I totally forgot about that.  looking around it appears that episode 2 is in early development.   I don't think that this is that though since they call it a new game.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 12:12:53 AM »

Mega64 on Sonic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VonhgARLb5U&feature=player_embedded

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 04:47:15 PM »

a new preview.  I know they're going to find a way to screw this up, especially since it actually sounds interesting.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 09:59:38 AM »

some gameplay with fat sonic and slim sonic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV1Osnkr5Nc&feature=player_embedded

Because I can,
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2011, 10:30:54 PM »

There's a demo coming to XBox Live tomorrow, although it will only feature the first act of Green Hill Zone as classic Sonic.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 09:18:54 PM »

Did anyone try this demo?  Ugh.  Stomach-churning graphics.  I mean that literally.  They don't work with the fast movement at all.  Plus I thought the control wasn't great.

I always hope Sega will pull off a greatness with Sonic, but they keep not doing it.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2011, 01:00:55 AM »

I didn't like the demo either.  The graphics were pretty, but there were so many details crammed into the scenes that it was hard to make out what I was seeing.  Also, the "classic" style played more like modern Sonic, with Sonic going way too fast and lots of holding the stick to the right and watching Sonic zoom around.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 04:39:02 PM »

There's a new demo out.  I think it's new, anyway.  Control seemed okay now, but I still got a massive headache with the sidescrolling action.  The graphics have too much going on still.  Maybe it would work at 60fps, but it's just not working now, IMO.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2011, 01:21:11 PM »

Well, the reviews for this have been extremely positive.  There are some clunkers pulling the average down, but for the most part reviewers are very happy with it.

So now, despite my having written it off, I'm interested again.

I've seen no mention of the graphics issues I was having with the classic sections.  No comparison to the demo, which I only expect because to me it seemed like there was a problem.  Has anyone tried it yet?

They say this is truly a game made for the Sonic fans.  That's not really me, since I wasn't doing the console thing when Sonic was big.  But I always feel like I've missed something with Sonic, so I always want to try again.

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2011, 01:39:14 PM »

I loved the new Demo and will be getting the game today. It is really impressive!

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2011, 02:18:46 PM »

I've been reading positive impressions and I do love Sonic games, so will probably pick it up along with Uncharted 3 and maybe War in the North (but if not, probably Resistance 3) for the deal at Target.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2011, 03:48:44 PM »

Yeah I got Uncharted, War in the North and Sonic today at Target. Though I had to make them find War In The North in the back, since they claimed they never heard of it and it wasn't out.....even though it was sitting on the shelf for the PC. I walked over to them with the PC version after they brushed me off as some idiot and was claiming the game didn't exist. HA! I love it when I get to do things like that and put young snotty people in their place. The look on their face was priceless. smile

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2011, 04:08:25 PM »

Quote from: Hetz on November 01, 2011, 03:48:44 PM

Yeah I got Uncharted, War in the North and Sonic today at Target. Though I had to make them find War In The North in the back, since they claimed they never heard of it and it wasn't out.....even though it was sitting on the shelf for the PC. I walked over to them with the PC version after they brushed me off as some idiot and was claiming the game didn't exist. HA! I love it when I get to do things like that and put young snotty people in their place. The look on their face was priceless. smile

Nice.  I feel like this happens all the time.

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2011, 12:53:33 AM »

Quote from: Hetz on November 01, 2011, 03:48:44 PM

I went to my Target to get the same stuff, but they also didn't have War in the North.  Having read this thread and seeing that they, too, had the PC version on the shelf, I had the guy look it up in their inventory checker and it wasn't in there either.  So, I got Resistance 3 for my third game.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: