http://gamingtrend.com
October 31, 2014, 09:39:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360/PS3] Shadows of the Damned  (Read 489 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2011, 01:32:25 AM »

it wants to enlarge your Johnson! (could be take the wrong way at work) 

haven't really been following this one but that video caught my eye.  I did some looking and found this dev video (nsfw language) which looks pretty neat. 

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 03:26:44 PM »

I played through the first mini-boss last night.  Really great, weird game.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
spigot

All of the bacon and eggs you have.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 01:28:44 PM »

Any more impressions? I'm kind of interested, but to be honest I'm not in any cult following pertaining to Suda51 or any of the No More Heroes games. I thought Mikami's God Hand and Vanquish were fun cheesy romps and this new one seems to be in the same vein, albeit with some Suda flavor thrown in the mix. The dick jokes go kind of old quick, even from GB's quick look.

XBL GamerTag: RoboSim
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 05:03:33 PM »

Quote from: spigot on June 24, 2011, 01:28:44 PM

Any more impressions? I'm kind of interested, but to be honest I'm not in any cult following pertaining to Suda51 or any of the No More Heroes games. I thought Mikami's God Hand and Vanquish were fun cheesy romps and this new one seems to be in the same vein, albeit with some Suda flavor thrown in the mix. The dick jokes go kind of old quick, even from GB's quick look.

I would say you nailed it.  It's in the God Hand vein, for sure.  The action is easy to pick up and play, so the controls aren't affected by the quirkiness.  It's fast and furious, too.

But there have already been a dickload of dick jokes.  However, they've been mostly surprisingly on target and clever, as far as dick jokes go. I don't have a high tolerance for this stuff, and it hasn't bothered me yet.  They're still dick jokes, though, and I imagine they'll be fairly relentless.  Better than the stuff in Bulletstorm, though, for example.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 03:13:33 AM »

Wow, currently watching the quicklook on Giant Bomb (GT should consider doing quick look style stuff, would you take free submissions in this regard?)

It's crazy, pretty high on stupid machismo, but the craziness of it all makes it more appealing in the same way you watch Quentin Tarantino movies and his grindhouse style stuff.

The aiming looks tricky, really not sure why they went with the cross between locked aim camera and RE4's system, but I'm willing to deal with that because everything else looks pretty fun.

I'm pretty sure I won't pick this up at full price, but 1-2 price drops and it will definitely go into my library.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 06:03:26 AM »

Picked this up today and played for a bit.  I absolutely love it.  Hopefully it does well sales-wise so that EA is encouraged to continue to publish original IP, though if Dead Space didn't do that great, I guess I shouldn't hope for this to.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 01:25:43 PM »

I picked this up as well and only played enough to get to a feel for it and get to the first save point, I'll come back to it after Alice. The trophy/achievements don't look to be anything too convoluted and mostly 'story progression' style. Heck, you get one for pressing 'Start' and another for starting a New Game.

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: