http://gamingtrend.com
August 28, 2014, 07:46:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC/360/PS3] Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012)  (Read 2756 times)
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2012, 02:00:41 PM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on November 02, 2012, 05:19:07 AM

Quote from: Bullwinkle on November 02, 2012, 04:31:26 AM

Is anyone else having a hard time hearing the narrator lady?  I've tried tweaking the music and sfx to lower levels and she's still incredibly hard to hear.

I'm an avid subtitles user so problem fixed! Btw, in the vita version she is a bit soft spoken,not too bad though. Does the ps3/360 versions have subtitles?

They do.  There's so much going on on screen, I'm reluctant to turn them on, but I don't think I have a choice.  

Quote from: Roguetad on November 02, 2012, 05:46:03 AM

Is anyone else having a hard time hearing the narrator lady?  I've tried tweaking the music and sfx to lower levels and she's still incredibly hard to hear.
Same thing for me too.  I can barely hear her.  I tried the same tweaks as you with no luck. 

Glad to hear I'm not just crazy.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2012, 02:15:58 PM »

Is anyone else having a hard time hearing the narrator lady?  I've tried tweaking the music and sfx to lower levels and she's still incredibly hard to hear.

Same thing for me too.  I can barely hear her.  I tried the same tweaks as you with no luck. 

What platform? I picked this up on the PS3 yesterday and she's coming through loud and clear for me.

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2012, 04:41:09 PM »

didn't had any issues with the 360, but I was using TB Ear Force x41's instead of the TV speakers.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2012, 09:56:12 PM »

Playing it on the PC, it can never stay connected to autolog and it has lost 200k+ points for me. I'm driving around the Porsche 918 (MW#5 car, I think) and it tells me I need 20k points to unlock MW #7... I'm afraid if I keep losing points I won't be able to get to the top at all, because I can't get the 12k for 1st in races a second time. Going to run out of races. :o

Ignoring that bug, this may be my favorite NFS since Most wanted.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2012, 10:16:14 PM »

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on November 02, 2012, 02:15:58 PM

Is anyone else having a hard time hearing the narrator lady?  I've tried tweaking the music and sfx to lower levels and she's still incredibly hard to hear.

Same thing for me too.  I can barely hear her.  I tried the same tweaks as you with no luck.  

What platform? I picked this up on the PS3 yesterday and she's coming through loud and clear for me.

360 for me.

Unrelated to that (or maybe it is related if the narrator gave me a tip that I didn't hear), but I find the pursuits to be ridiculous in this.  Not in a good way.  They show you that bubble on the map that you're supposed to escape, but I haven't been able to outdistance the cops at all.  Even remotely.  They move exactly the same speed as me on the minimap and move exactly as I move.  Then they pull ahead of me to try to crash me.

The only time I've gotten into cooldown mode is by accidentally getting them into accidents (which still raises the heat level), and then they find me within seconds. 

I read online that you can turn your car off by clicking the left stick.  Until I discovered that, there was no way these pursuits would be beatable.

I'm sure that upgrades may help over time, but the game doesn't give any sort of clear indicator about that.

Honestly, I think the system here is one of the worst I've ever seen.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 10:26:13 PM by Bullwinkle » Logged

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2012, 11:41:24 PM »

My lost points issue solved itself. When I started the game after that post, #4 and #3 challenges were available and then I quickly unlocked and took out the other 2. I'm the Most Wanted.

Re: The police chases, they were kind of tough the first couple times, but I have no trouble with them now, even going back to slower, non-upgraded cars. It can help to take out some of the pursuit vehicles.  You also don't want it to escalate too high until you have re-inflating tires. Maybe drive a faster car if the normal cruisers are keeping up with you. I'd suggest the Gallardo, Corvette or Viper.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2012, 12:24:06 AM »

Overall I really like the game, especially multiplayer, however I'm REALLY fed up with rubber banding AI in any game.
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2012, 04:03:06 AM »

Now that the demo is finally out on the 360 I've given it a try and hey, it's not bad.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2012, 05:31:15 AM »

This game supports the Move Racing Wheel which I picked up for grins today and it works surprisingly well, flashing colors and all. I'm a bit of a  retard when it comes to driving with a controller but this helped my driving quite a bit. I need to try it out on some games that don't support it natively, especially something with... handlebars. Or wings.  icon_wink

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2012, 05:51:37 AM »

To chime in here bc no one seems to play the vita version, which is identical pretty much but on a handheld so it seems like the most bestest thing ever. Wow that is what it feels like to post on ign... icon_lol

Anyways, yeah besides a few little issues with this game ,on any platform it seems,  is absolutely wonderful. Not too many things to NOT like here really at all. The cops can be a pain bc of the area where you are being chased. No side roads etc., but I've always been able to get away sooner than later. Still really digging it. Crossplatform autolog is the shit!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 05:53:30 AM by Harpua3 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: