http://gamingtrend.com
November 20, 2014, 09:22:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [360/PS3] Dragon's Dogma - Dark Arisen out!  (Read 42036 times)
Qantaga
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #840 on: May 08, 2013, 10:01:49 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 07, 2013, 03:48:19 AM

Capcom says they're still working on the fix.  from reading the rest of that thread it sounds like some people lost A LOT of game time.

frown

I'm missing DDDA and really want to play some more. However, there's no way I'm going to touch it until the fix has been released.  I don't even trust that they could make a copied save file work again. Ah, well.

Xbox Live: Sukaro
PSN: Suroka

Until I die I'll sing these songs on the shores of Babylon
Still looking for a home in a world where I belong

~Switchfoot
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #841 on: May 08, 2013, 10:06:34 PM »

I'm tempted to return my copy that I just bought last night to the store...unopened.  I picked up this, Deadly Premonitions Director's Cut and Halo 4 after trading in a crap load of old games and getting a ridiculous amount in trade.  But if DDDA is breaking save games, I might just wait until they fix it...and probably get it cheaper at that time too.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #842 on: May 11, 2013, 09:42:46 AM »

Quote from: Qantaga on May 08, 2013, 10:01:49 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on May 07, 2013, 03:48:19 AM

Capcom says they're still working on the fix.  from reading the rest of that thread it sounds like some people lost A LOT of game time.

frown

I'm missing DDDA and really want to play some more. However, there's no way I'm going to touch it until the fix has been released.  I don't even trust that they could make a copied save file work again. Ah, well.

Its going to be friggin' ages for your patch,they have started to ask people about their experiences,and even if they can send their corrupted saves to Capcom
http://www.capcom-unity.com/dragonsdogma/go/thread/view/122057/29922595/save-data-corruption---we-need-your-information

You may as well start a new game,you probably could've finished it all by now Tongue

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #843 on: May 11, 2013, 04:35:11 PM »

if you look through the thread I linked to the big problem is that it doesn't matter whether or not you start a new game, something is messing around with the save system itself.  it sounds like staying offline fixes it, but then you really don't have access to pawns.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #844 on: May 11, 2013, 05:26:58 PM »

Well, that's not very promising 

I may have to bite the bullet and see if I'm on of the lucky ones that isn't affected.

CeeKay, from what you've read, does it seem that the corrupted saves are affecting the majority or a minority of players?

~Switchfoot
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #845 on: May 11, 2013, 05:35:01 PM »

Quote from: Qantaga on May 11, 2013, 05:26:58 PM

CeeKay, from what you've read, does it seem that the corrupted saves are affecting the majority or a minority of players?

I couldn't say either way.  it seems a majority of that thread has issues but it may be that people with no issues aren't saying anything or don't even know the issue exists.

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #846 on: May 11, 2013, 05:38:38 PM »

This is really bad.  I stopped right in the middle of a quest that had been daunting me forever, but I finally found the right route to take and was really kicking ass and getting back into the game as a result.  Now my momentum is dead.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #847 on: May 11, 2013, 05:44:37 PM »

Bullwinkle, are you playing it safe and not playing, or did you get the corrupted save?

I'm in the same boat as you. I was level 30 and felt like I was just hitting my stride. frown

~Switchfoot
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #848 on: May 11, 2013, 05:56:43 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 11, 2013, 05:35:01 PM

Quote from: Qantaga on May 11, 2013, 05:26:58 PM

I couldn't say either way.  it seems a majority of that thread has issues but it may be that people with no issues aren't saying anything or don't even know the issue exists.

Thanks.

I wish they'd let us know how common or rare the issue is.

~Switchfoot
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #849 on: May 11, 2013, 08:21:49 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 11, 2013, 04:35:11 PM

if you look through the thread I linked to the big problem is that it doesn't matter whether or not you start a new game, something is messing around with the save system itself.  it sounds like staying offline fixes it, but then you really don't have access to pawns.

If that is the case,for those waiting,if you do take the leap and try it out,copy your game save to a flashdrive and then either play your old game save or start a new game....if it does fuck up,you'll still have that back up

As said,Capcom are going to be ages,and even when they have finished,the patch then has to go to MS for certification that can take an extra couple of weeks

(maybe copy your game save to the flash drive every night)

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #850 on: May 11, 2013, 08:47:00 PM »

Quote from: Qantaga on May 11, 2013, 05:44:37 PM

Bullwinkle, are you playing it safe and not playing, or did you get the corrupted save?

I'm in the same boat as you. I was level 30 and felt like I was just hitting my stride. frown

I never got the corrupted save, but I was supremely lucky because at one point I forgot about the issue and played for an afternoon (this is when I made some progress, finally).  Then I remembered and haven't been back.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #851 on: May 11, 2013, 09:44:22 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on May 11, 2013, 08:47:00 PM

Quote from: Qantaga on May 11, 2013, 05:44:37 PM

I never got the corrupted save, but I was supremely lucky because at one point I forgot about the issue and played for an afternoon (this is when I made some progress, finally).  Then I remembered and haven't been back.

too bad they can't just roll back the patch.

Because I can,
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #852 on: May 12, 2013, 04:56:38 AM »

Well, with no resolution in sight, I decided to risk it.

I played for a couple hours with no save issues. As metallicorphan suggested, I copied the  save files to USB first. When I quit, I made sure I could load the save game, then quit without saving and copied over my latest progress.

So far, so good. I'll have to see what tomorrow brings. <fingers crossed>

~Switchfoot
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #853 on: May 12, 2013, 01:02:45 PM »

There are two side quests,I can't remember what they are called but one needs 5 kept sour Ambrosial Meat and another needs 10 kept giant fish

Now the Sour Ambrosial meat can be found in a crate half way through the ancient quarry,or you can get a random drop from enemies,but you have to keep it in your inventory until it goes sour,unlike the one you find in the quarry which respawns every few days already sour for you

The fish can be found best on the shores of the beaches in the south,Bloodwater beach is a good one(i find my Pawns are best at getting Giant Fish while i picked up small and large that are not needed,so i just lead them to the areas and let them do the picking up)

However,as the fishes and the meat needs to be 'kept',you need an Airtight Flask(combine an airtight flask with the meat or fishes),in the original Dragon's Dogma,you could buy these Airtight Flasks...but not in DDDA

I made this post on 360a.org if any of you are having trouble finding any
Cassardis Area

Unusual Beach-the beach between Cassardis and The Encampment,A little inlet about halfway down the beach on your left(with cassardis behind you) before the exit off the beach,you will find it

Cassardis beach-washed up on the shore,half buried in the sand, in between the dock on the left and Starfall bay on the right

Cassardis market stall-with the Inn behind you its on the left hand side stall outside amongst the produce that they sell(the produce itself,fishes etc can not be picked up)

Bluemoon Tower passage area

Bandits den-near where you fight a Golem,go into the doorway/cave and go upstairs until you are at the top outside with another small Bandit camp,Flask is beside the campfire

Cutless Cape-passageway before getting to the area of the Golem,go downstairs to a series of Jail cells and Skeletons,Flask is in one of the cells that does not need a key(as it has no door)

Gran Soren

Gran Soren Castle-Step into the castle,but before going through the second set of doors(to where the Duke is sat on his throne),go left and follow the tight corridor and you will see a flask on top of a crate

These are the locations i know of,take note that the flasks respawn after a lengthy amount of time

I believe some are in Bitterblack Isle also,but i have not started the Dark Arisen part of the game yet

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #854 on: May 12, 2013, 03:25:51 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 11, 2013, 08:21:49 PM

If that is the case,for those waiting,if you do take the leap and try it out,copy your game save to a flashdrive and then either play your old game save or start a new game....if it does fuck up,you'll still have that back up

As said,Capcom are going to be ages,and even when they have finished,the patch then has to go to MS for certification that can take an extra couple of weeks

Is this issue only on 360?  I have the PS3 version...am I safe?

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #855 on: May 12, 2013, 04:22:56 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on May 12, 2013, 03:25:51 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 11, 2013, 08:21:49 PM

if you look through the thread I linked to the big problem is that it doesn't matter whether or not you start a new game, something is messing around with the save system itself.  it sounds like staying offline fixes it, but then you really don't have access to pawns.

Is this issue only on 360?  I have the PS3 version...am I safe?

looks like it's affecting both consoles.

Because I can,
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #856 on: May 13, 2013, 11:37:05 AM »

I recently started playing, and have no issues whatsoever with the patches.

A new one
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #857 on: May 13, 2013, 05:44:50 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on May 13, 2013, 11:37:05 AM

With a save game from the original Dragon's Dogma disc though?  Or just a new character?

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #858 on: May 13, 2013, 07:35:40 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on May 13, 2013, 05:44:50 PM

With a save game from the original Dragon's Dogma disc though?  Or just a new character?

Oh is the issue only with people who continued with their DD save?  I had DD, but I decided just to make a new character for DA (still got the bonuses, though, since it detected my DD saves).

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #859 on: May 13, 2013, 08:32:18 PM »

Yeah, it's just people using an old DD save to continue on.  Something they said we could do but now appears borked for some.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #860 on: May 13, 2013, 11:25:58 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on May 13, 2013, 07:35:40 PM

Oh is the issue only with people who continued with their DD save?  I had DD, but I decided just to make a new character for DA (still got the bonuses, though, since it detected my DD saves).

I was under the impression it was new games created for DA too.

Because I can,
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #861 on: May 14, 2013, 03:39:24 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 13, 2013, 11:25:58 PM

Quote from: The Grue on May 13, 2013, 07:35:40 PM

I was under the impression it was new games created for DA too.

Really?  Crap...now i really am thinking I should return my unopened copy and wait.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #862 on: May 14, 2013, 05:44:08 PM »

this was posted in a different post on May 6th:

Save Data Corruption
A number of users have encountered an unforeseen issue when transferring their save game from Dragonís Dogma to Dragonís Dogma: Dark Arisen where their save game has become corrupt or lost during the transfer.  To help prevent this from happening to you, please copy your existing save data (whether it be from DD or DDDA) to an external storage device or cloud whenever possible--especially if you are picking up the game for the first time in awhile or switching over to Dark Arisen The issue seems to occur more frequently on Xbox 360, but there are cases of it occurring on PS3 as well, so play it safe no matter which version you own.

at that point it sounds like they are sure it is just games transferred over, but then a few days later they ask:

-If you were playing DDDA, did the issue occur with save data imported from DD1?

which makes it sound like they are not so definite anymore.  MO is on those forums, maybe he has seen something different.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #863 on: May 14, 2013, 07:02:21 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 14, 2013, 05:44:08 PM

-If you were playing DDDA, did the issue occur with save data imported from DD1?

which makes it sound like they are not so definite anymore.  MO is on those forums, maybe he has seen something different.

hUh?..oh,yeah i am on those forums,however Mad Men has caught me so i have not played the game or been anywhere near those forums for the past 4-5 days

(just finished season 2,really good)

EDIT: reading through this thread that may of been posted it looks,like playing offline is still the answer for now for those worried..again,i am online but not had any problmes but started from scratch on another profile

http://www.capcom-unity.com/dragonsdogma/go/thread/view/122057/29888091/warning-failed-to-save-game?pg=6

Posted by Henry
I've been playing with my 360 unplugged and works just fine, I have 3 gametags each with new games uncorrupted that haven't been played plugged. I have one main game and the other two are just for trying out stuff like character creation. If I plug in my internet I soon get a failed save, usually heading for or in the Encampment. I guess after I get the Cassardis Pawn, I haven't tried staying away from the gate and Pawn to see if I get a corrupt just in the village.

Posted by Ken
so this crap just happened to me again..i broke down and decided to give it another shot today..started a new character..put in the original dd and played till i reached the encampment and as soon as i go to make my pawn i noticed "FAILED TO SAVE GAME!!!" played a good three hours..needless to say and not i guess that it matters..im freakin pissed..im so sick to death of this crap..good on you ****..good on you..

one thing i did notice though is once it went to autosave after id been playing a while and it prompted me to choose a save location which i had already done..so yeah i have a corrupt save on my hd and on a flash dive..
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 07:08:58 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #864 on: May 14, 2013, 07:06:56 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 14, 2013, 07:02:21 PM

however Mad Men has caught me so i have not played the game or been anywhere near those forums for the past 4-5 days

Just remember:  All Americans are exactly like Don Draper.  While all English are exactly like Lane Pryce.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #865 on: May 14, 2013, 07:10:53 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on May 14, 2013, 07:06:56 PM

however Mad Men has caught me so i have not played the game or been anywhere near those forums for the past 4-5 days

Just remember:  All Americans are exactly like Don Draper.  While all English are exactly like Lane Pryce.

I'll have to remember that,He makes his first appearance in Season 3

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #866 on: May 14, 2013, 07:11:16 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on May 14, 2013, 07:06:56 PM

I thought all English were like Shia LaBeouf.....  so confused......

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #867 on: May 14, 2013, 07:13:02 PM »

or maybe it was Richard Harris... those two are so interchangeable....

Because I can,
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #868 on: May 16, 2013, 04:14:39 PM »

Remind me which quests aee lost when you go to the Duke.

I'm guessing the From a Different Sky quests will carryover, right?

How about the bountys (kill X direwolves, etc.)?

How about the gather quests (war bugles, seeker tokens, kept giant fish, etc.)?

I'm trying to figure out which types of quests to finish before I see the Duke.

~Switchfoot
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #869 on: May 17, 2013, 05:59:35 AM »

continued a save game. 40 hours in - no issues.

A new one
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #870 on: May 17, 2013, 09:29:53 AM »

Quote from: Qantaga on May 16, 2013, 04:14:39 PM

On my playthroughs,i have taken my time and tried to do all quests before seeing the Duke,However i do know that these quests end if you see the Duke

Reapers Scorn-Bring a Wakestone to that lazy kid who is on his back and not moving or breathing near the Pawn Guild in Gran Soren

A Troublesome Tome-bring the book from the Thieves den to Steffen in the square

Dying of Curiosity-make sure you find Valmiro 3 times and give him his green stuff(Unusual Beech,near the entrance of the Encampment and Witchwood)

There may be more,but they are the quests i know about

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #871 on: May 17, 2013, 02:23:51 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on May 17, 2013, 05:59:35 AM

Cool, thanks raz.  I think I'll go ahead and finally unwrap my copy tonight and give it a go then.

Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #872 on: May 19, 2013, 11:31:58 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 17, 2013, 09:29:53 AM

Quote from: Qantaga on May 16, 2013, 04:14:39 PM

On my playthroughs,i have taken my time and tried to do all quests before seeing the Duke,However i do know that these quests end if you see the Duke

Reapers Scorn-Bring a Wakestone to that lazy kid who is on his back and not moving or breathing near the Pawn Guild in Gran Soren

A Troublesome Tome-bring the book from the Thieves den to Steffen in the square

Dying of Curiosity-make sure you find Valmiro 3 times and give him his green stuff(Unusual Beech,near the entrance of the Encampment and Witchwood)

There may be more,but they are the quests i know about

Thank you!

I have finished all of those. It sounds like it's mostly side quests that aren't carried over, but the fetch and bounty quests will.

I just hit level 50. I'm in the mid 50s on the From a Different Sky quests and I have just a few more of the fetch quests to do. I'll probably visit the Duke soon, just to move the story before I track down the last 6 war bugles and 10 seeker tokens.

Thanks also metallicorphan for your guide to finding the airtight flasks. That was a HUGE help!!!

~Switchfoot
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #873 on: May 19, 2013, 11:35:28 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on May 17, 2013, 02:23:51 PM

Quote from: Razgon on May 17, 2013, 05:59:35 AM

Cool, thanks raz.  I think I'll go ahead and finally unwrap my copy tonight and give it a go then.

I finally couldn't stand waiting for the save game resolution, so I saved my level 30 DDDA progress to a flash drive and jumped in. I'm now level 50 and haven't had any save game problems since. I feel terrible for those with save game issues, but it seems I am unaffected by the issue.

~Switchfoot
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #874 on: May 19, 2013, 11:38:57 PM »

I wish there was a way to know what causes the problem or if you can go from fine to borked.  My last session went just fine, but I'm worried to jump back in.

Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #875 on: May 19, 2013, 11:47:38 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on May 19, 2013, 11:38:57 PM

I wish there was a way to know what causes the problem or if you can go from fine to borked.  My last session went just fine, but I'm worried to jump back in.

Yes. I'm still worried, too.

What I've been doing is, after a long play session, I will "save and exit to main screen." Then, I will load the game from the main menu to make sure it's still a good save. Then, I will "exit without saving." At that point, I'm assuming I have a good save, so I will copy that to a flash drive.

If my game ever does go from fine to borked, I won't lose more than one session (hopefully).
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 01:25:45 PM by Qantaga » Logged

~Switchfoot
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #876 on: June 17, 2013, 03:36:31 PM »

It's been almost a month since the last post, is there really no word on this yet?

Have they just washed their hands of this game and left us out to dry?

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #877 on: June 17, 2013, 06:17:28 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on June 17, 2013, 03:36:31 PM

It's been almost a month since the last post, is there really no word on this yet?

Have they just washed their hands of this game and left us out to dry?

This is a post on the Capcom DDDA forums from June 5th
The team is doing a fix, which isn't ready yet, but I will update everyone when it is. I would like to hope for mid-to-late June, but it's too early to promise a specific date.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #878 on: August 14, 2013, 08:25:39 PM »

backstory summarized in record time.

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #879 on: August 14, 2013, 11:02:15 PM »

What's the patch story??

I keep thinking of jumping back in, but haven't had the nerve.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: